OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 5: Shards and puddles (7-9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Take the fastest route out of Smith’s contract capwise, trade Silverback and Kerrigan, and trade or cut Brown, Norman and Reed. Trade down as much as possible and continue adding young, big boys to the roster. Tank next year hard and then snag a QB at the top of the 2020 draft. At that point we should have some depth and a ton of cap space to add some solid veterans. Stay away from any huge FA contracts.

With two draft classes of players and a top end rookie QB, the Redskins could be 18 games away from having an exciting, young roster.

Staying in mediocre land is pointless. Just take a gander down the road at Les Boulez.

The next 5 year plan. Debacle.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The next 5 year plan. Debacle.

They’ve never done a plan that extends beyond a season or two. That’s why they still suck. The Bama DLs, Scherf, Moses, and Guice are the new core. By the time we’re good Kerrigan and Silverback will be dunzo. They don’t have a QB, a coach or a GM. Gruden is OK but you can’t go “win now” around Colt McCoy in 19. It’s a losing recipe unless you take your medication next year and aim for the 2020/2021 seasons. They actually have some young studs who should be in their prime then. Anyone who will be on the decline should be moved for futures if at all possible.

The Redskins could be good in short order but they need to keep building the lines and they need a viable QB/coach combo. I figured AS would give them a much needed competitive window but that ship sailed when his body got destroyed in year 1. If they keep their aging veterans, sign some stopgap garbage and don’t face the music in the front office they will be bad in perpetuity...

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Short order? I’m not buying that. Don’t see any kind of quick fix. The next QB they draft won’t be ready to win for years if ever.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm going in to the game with a small sens of optimism. The defense does not quit and Johnson has a meh game but does enough to give us the 20-13 win :p.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
24-6 Titans. Down both starting TEs, most of their OL, 4th string QB... yeah. Josh Johnson winning last week was a fun story but they're going to get mashed today.

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix is the last line of defense against Derrick Henry. Yikes.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Against my better judgment I am watching the game today.

I feel like a win today followed by a crushing loss next week in a win-and-in game is more their style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad