OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 3: Half-full (6-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It’s sad because, all things considered, I think the OL is doing very good in pass protection but they simply are not able to get downfield passes because of Smith and some big drops.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Playing Chubb instead of AP this week turned out to be a damn good move.

Meanwhile, the Browns are working over the Falcons, who recently made the Skins look like Pop Warner.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
It’s Smith. He’s getting time out there. The playcalling is also pretty bad. AP has had some holes and he bounced for negative yards. All that equals to this looking like a loss and it’s a shame because the defense has held them to no points thus far. The redskins can’t even sustain drives.
The defense gives no short field and has been shredded yardage wise. Extremely vanilla, like he has HOF’ers up and down the lineup.

I already know Smith sucks and the talent on offense is marginal. But defensively they should be better than they are with a sophisticated scheme.

Reactions: Capathetic

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Smith looking good on this drive except for that sack he took on 2nd and 1. Nice poise on the third down throw to make up for it.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Lol. Look we heard the formula all week about the turnovers. I didn’t actually believe it would happen however lol.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
In true Alex Smith fashion he misses the wide open receiver. I guess he is what he is, a game manager who won’t necessarily lose you games if you are a good team.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Maybe we will get some sort of accuracy in the passing game from Santa this year. He’s good for a wide open missed td per week. He needs to start clicking on those because look at the sideline reaction. We can’t have them losing faith in the field general or manager.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Credit where it's due: they are 6-3. It's been ugly at times but they're 6-3. Really impressive win today coming off a total ass kicking last week and starting a makeshift offensive line. You know it had to have been demoralizing to lose Scherff, Lavaman, and Richardson all in the same week but they got the job done. Go Dallas?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Always great when you lose 3 guys right after the trade deadline. No idea why they don't move it to the week before Thanksgiving to avoid family disruptions.

Spirits are low after a bad loss. How many thought they were a 3 or 4 win team after the Saints made them look ridiculous on national television? When just a week before they stomped the Packers? They followed up the Saints loss with a win vs the Panthers so, who knows?

Next 4:

@ Tampa Bay: Win. Tampa is a bad team with a bad defense. The only reason they've even had a chance is late-game Fitzmagic when the other team has relaxed. If it's a close game the Skins have the better veteran squad.
vs Houston: Loss. Just too much in Houston's favor unless Watson is hurt again.
@ Dallas: Loss. A 4:30pm game on Thanksgiving, in Dallas. I can already hear Troy Aikman waxing Dallastalgic and Joe Buck emoting about "E-ZEEK-iel Elliot" every 30 seconds.
@ Eagles: Loss. Maybe a bad one. But you never know, this could be the one that shocks the league.

1-3 in this stretch with an outside chance at 2-2

One down. Now for the bad news...

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Yes go Dallas. We need them and the Eagles to beat each other up. We have to figure a way to win the Div with 2L to the Eagles

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll take it. They’re not beating anyone good in a game that matters, but this is better than starting shitty.

I’ll take it. #halffull

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Boy if this is our blueprint for success , little to no pass rush pressure and depend on bond headed offensive plays from the opponent, this season won’t end well. Zero pass rush pressure, the last sack nonwithstanding. Doesn’t work so well against capable QBs and receivers like Atlanta and New Orleans. 501 yards. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad