OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 3: Half-full (6-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
hAHAHAHAHAHHhAAA...

upload_2018-11-11_17-6-42.png

Would be having a great day all around if the Patriots hadn't torpedoed my cash pool.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Well I’ll be Stephen Peat’d?!

Opportunistic D play, minus any real consistent line pressure, inept Tampa O and their schizo kicker along with butterfinger receivers?

As mentioned before in thread, happy feet misses another wide open receiver. Team should institute internal fine, big one, until he hits them.

Happy for win.....but.....

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Second week in a row they've gotten worked. The books out, the team just isn't able to properly defend the crossing routes in the middle of the field. Our DB's play to far back and absolutely suck at passing off routes to each other. And as good as our down defensive linemen are, our linebackers are struggling. Preston Smith has his first sack of the year in the 10th game, Kerrigan is what Kerrigan always is, and our inside backers are having a tough go of it.

I think the focus in the offseason, as it won't be fixed without coaching now or playing more JHC and SDH, has got to be two inside backers and a speed rusher. Why they haven't called on Gallette is beyond me.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I don't see why the turnover ratio is unsustainable but getting worked on defense for 500 yards a game and remaining competitive is. They let up 491 yards vs Atlanta and 500+ vs Tampa. The only difference between yesterday and last week is that Atlanta wasn't incompetent in terms of finishing drives. The rush defense that was so strong has been really bad, they're getting very little pressure on the QB, the secondary is a mess, and the offense can't score or maintain drives which would help relieve the pressure off the defense.

Though it's impressive that they've made it to this point at 6-3, they are a paper tiger ready for a hurtful regression unless they make some serious improvements in their game. I just can't see how a team that's tied for 28th in the league in points per game continues to play winning football.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
That was an ugly game but I'll take it. Alex Smith football/offense is not entertaining but for some reason it has been working. The D is not playing that great so I guess his "game management" style is somewhat working. I think we take the division and then we are one and done in the playoffs.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
No offense to anyone here using the term, but I don't need to hear the term "game manager" ever again. If you need a euphemism for a QB that's not really very good, how about "restricted skill set" or "inadequate tool box". Game manager is an effort to turn a vice into a virtue. Smith's arm is weak, his reads beyond his first option appear non-existent, and his footwork in the pocket is panicky. And even if you overlook all that - which you really can't - he's still at best an OK quarterback. So instead of calling him a "game manager," why don't we just call him "not very good" or, when he's having an OK day, "extremely limited."

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No offense to anyone here using the term, but I don't need to hear the term "game manager" ever again. If you need a euphemism for a QB that's not really very good, how about "restricted skill set" or "inadequate tool box". Game manager is an effort to turn a vice into a virtue. Smith's arm is weak, his reads beyond his first option appear non-existent, and his footwork in the pocket is panicky. And even if you overlook all that - which you really can't - he's still at best an OK quarterback. So instead of calling him a "game manager," why don't we just call him "not very good" or, when he's having an OK day, "extremely limited."

A bad QB doesn't look like that or put up those stats. He's really a "game manager" in the true sense as someone who usually makes a safe decision. That is a skill and is harder than hit appears, especially under pressure and with various looks being thrown at you.

He's probably not HOF but he's not INT-chucking trash. He gives you a chance to win games. I think that's exactly what a "game manager" does.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Like I said before. I'm no fan of Smith but for the offensive players we have now... Doctson WR1 and no healthy Oline and a awesome D. He is what we need. Won't turn the ball over, can milk the clock and will slowly move the ball.

I still want us to draft a 1st rounder QB (not this year. Bad QB class)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I feel for the players. They are doing their best and it’s not their fault that Snyder has shit on the fans for two decades. It’s pretty unreal that the fanbase has atrophied to this point but here we are.

Snyder should publicly apologize to the fans. He should acknowledge how awful he’s been, accept responsibility, pledge to be better, and ask to move forward together. Until then my money will be spent else where.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I had season tickets for 2 seasons. It was durning the Zorn era. I'll never spend another dollar at FedEx field. I'll watch every game at home but I won't go back.

My biggest LOL was after RG3 rookie season and he blew his knee out they would call me every day trying to sell me season tickets again.

Also edit:
The reason I canceled and refuse to go back is I was promised seat upgrades after each season as a loyal fan. This never happen they gave better seats to new season ticket holders and treated existing tickets holders like shit. Also my seats are now covered by a tarp

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Trey "Dan" Quinn has been activated off of IR.

I hope he steals the slot spot from Crowder, who has under-performed my expectations for a few years now.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad