OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season Vol. 3: Half-full (6-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Players are now giving away tickets.

That’s how bad it’s gotten. Good job LiL Danny.

What's the issue with this? Josh Norman was at Dulles Town Center today giving them out like 15 minutes ago. That is the BEST way to fill up the place.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Sep 19, 2008
I feel for the players. They are doing their best and it’s not their fault that Snyder has **** on the fans for two decades. It’s pretty unreal that the fanbase has atrophied to this point but here we are.

Snyder should publicly apologize to the fans. He should acknowledge how awful he’s been, accept responsibility, pledge to be better, and ask to move forward together. Until then my money will be spent else where.

He has literally been quiet the last 4 years

That is basically a public apology :laugh:

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
He has literally been quiet the last 4 years

That is basically a public apology :laugh:

Snyder's been pretty hands off since Bruce Allen was hired. His only real fault is that he decided to hitch his wagon to a guy like BA, who's basically GMGM without the talent acquisition ability.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We don't know for sure. Snyder has been staying out of the headlines but it doesn't mean he isn't pulling strings. We were also told he would be hands-off during the Shanahan era and he was anything but.

I would guess it was the Shanahans themselves leaking stories to the media about him to try and save face, and it's very possible all parties in the executive chain of command finally learned from that fiasco. Gruden is probably well aware of how bad things were and takes the company man approach out of self-preservation.

On a related note, now that his brother is flopping publicly in Oakland again the Gruden name loses some of its mystique for Jay. He may have lost whatever additional benefit of the doubt he could've received if this season is not a clear success.

Sep 19, 2008
Snyder's been pretty hands off since Bruce Allen was hired. His only real fault is that he decided to hitch his wagon to a guy like BA, who's basically GMGM without the talent acquisition ability.

The first part I agree, but again a guy like BA ran the last two drafts which were highly successful...So the critique of him is unwarranted the last 4 years

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
We don't know for sure. Snyder has been staying out of the headlines but it doesn't mean he isn't pulling strings. We were also told he would be hands-off during the Shanahan era and he was anything but.

I would guess it was the Shanahans themselves leaking stories to the media about him to try and save face, and it's very possible all parties in the executive chain of command finally learned from that fiasco. Gruden is probably well aware of how bad things were and takes the company man approach out of self-preservation.

On a related note, now that his brother is flopping publicly in Oakland again the Gruden name loses some of its mystique for Jay. He may have lost whatever additional benefit of the doubt he could've received if this season is not a clear success.

True. Danny has enough history, negative, that he doesn’t and probably never will earn the benefit of the doubt when things go off the rails, regardless of whether or not there’s press clippings.

It’s a pretty sad state when we, as collective fans, cannot view the front office moves without the prism of Danny’s involvement due to his prior well poisoning.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

This day back in ‘85 also marks the last day the Skins had what could be considered a franchise QB.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm sure Theismann just loves being reminded of this every year with an @

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Interesting that Joe said the pain was unbelievable - I've suffered two injuries similar to his, though not my leg, and came away amazed at the human body. I felt almost no pain and was with it the whole time. Nothing really hurt until they reset the bone, which royally sucked. That said, I still get queasy every time I see someone suffer a dislocation or displacement fracture. I can handle blood, guts, whatever but broken bones... nope. My palms get sweaty and I get legitimately nauseous.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I'm sure Theismann just loves being reminded of this every year with an @

Not sure he minds that much. His bar does have a beer tap resembling his broken leg. ;)

2e37o1y.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure he minds that much. His bar does have a beer tap resembling his broken leg. ;)

2e37o1y.jpg

Yeah I know about that but it's a bar and it's business. I've seen him bristle when the subject has come up.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Wow look at the difference in having receivers who actually can hold onto the ball. Skins are about to get blown out again and it’s because of the offense. This is why you get booed.

Td Texans. lol this is laughable.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Just going in to rant about that shit. Letting #10 loose in the red zone. Well f***ing played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad