OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season V0l. 2: 1-1 = Half empty... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
As I said before, getting an MRI is getting an MRI. If the training staff wasn't concerned about the possibility of ligament damage they wouldn't have sent him for an MRI.

And Guice dancing and doing whatever in the locker room didn't mean he wasn't hurt. I've had a partially torn ACL for over 5 years now. And when I first tore it I walked down 3 flights of stairs and could of danced if I needed to. It was the next day when I woke up that the ACL announced something was wrong. I was then told when I initially tore it I could rehab with no surgery to strengthen my leg muscles to stabilize my knee and see how it goes or get surgery. I chose rehab without surgery because my ACL is only partially torn and my kids were young, didn't want to leave my wife to deal with 2 young kids while I couldn't walk after surgery. I was also told that I couldn't play "cutting sports" until I get it fixed. So I haven't played organized softball or kickball (don't ask) since. At some point I will need to get it fixed, and it hurts like a SOB after walking a lot, but I am putting off surgery as long as possible.

Anyway, losing Guice after 6 rushes for 19 yards in the 1st pre-season game is brutal.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Did they look at the wrong f***ing knee at first? What the shit? I've spent the past however long content that it was a sprain and that he'd be back, now I find this? I hold you personally responsible, @hockeykicker

On the running game: I know FB is all but obsolete, but I think Fat Rob would do well at that position. Much better than running for a yard per play. Let him block for someone else.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Did they look at the wrong ****ing knee at first? What the ****? I've spent the past however long content that it was a sprain and that he'd be back.

On the running game: I know FB is all but obsolete, but I think Fat Rob would do well at that position. Much better than running for a yard per play. Let him block for someone else.

Can't always tell a ACL is torn without an MRI. He probably has a partially torn ACL like I do. That means a slight tear. Not a full blown tear that "pops" and you know its bad the moment it happens.

And not sure Slim Rob is built anymore for FB. All reports say he lost a lot of weight to get quicker. Perine would be the ideal FB fill in candidate. He is built like a bowling ball.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Can't always tell a ACL is torn without an MRI. He probably has a partially torn ACL like I do. That means a slight tear. Not a full blown tear that "pops" and you know its bad the moment it happens.

And not sure Slim Rob is built anymore for FB. All reports say he lost a lot of weight to get quicker. Perine would be the ideal FB fill in candidate. He is built like a bowling ball.

Well let's start shoving cheesesteaks and fistfuls of mayo into Rob.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Well let's start shoving cheesesteaks and fistfuls of mayo into Rob.

Nah. Regardless if Slim Rob returns to Fat Rob Perine is the only RB on the roster with close to an NFL FB's body. For the minuscule amount of plays the Skins would need a FB Perine could do it or maybe see if one of the back up LB's or lineman could do it. FB is about to be an extinct position in the NFL.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nah. Regardless if Slim Rob returns to Fat Rob Perine is the only RB on the roster with close to an NFL FB's body. For the minuscule amount of plays the Skins would need a FB Perine could do it or maybe see if one of the back up LB's or lineman could do it. FB is about to be an extinct position in the NFL.

No.

Perine is important for meeting our expected turnover minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino