OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season V0l. 2: 1-1 = Half empty... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s the scrubs. They were up 17-3 at halftime. Not real life?

Continuation of an established trend. Shrug it off if you want, but don't be surprised when the real thing sucks too.

I remember when I made the same comment about our run game being weak, and it was shrugged off. Then it continued to suck in the regular season.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Continuation of an established trend. Shrug it off if you want, but don't be surprised when the real thing sucks too.

I remember when I made the same comment about our run game being weak, and it was shrugged off. Then it continued to suck in the regular season.

Meh. Same people told me Caps would never win a Cup. I’m in Championship blisssssss. Not caring much.

Sep 19, 2008
This antenna on top of the TV is the best as I can switch between the Ravens and the Redskins cause I get D.C. and Baltimore stations. Best $35 I have spent in a while.

I gave up on antenna at least in this apartment because apparently if you live in Sterling or Ashburn you can't even get signals on antennas anymore because it's "too far away".

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Soooo much if your team's season relies on getting lucky and not getting hurt. It's amazing how many of these guys (in the NFL) go down for the year before a meaningful snap is taken.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Soooo much if your team's season relies on getting lucky and not getting hurt. It's amazing how many of these guys (in the NFL) go down for the year before a meaningful snap is taken.

My hypothesis is that these dudes simply get too big for the bodies. The human structure doesn't seem to be built to be able to carry the body weight and lift the amount weight that these athletes carry and lift. Ligaments and joints are strained and can't strengthen as quickly or as fully in correlation to muscle mass gains. Add into that equation that many of these collisions carry the same impact as minor car accidents and it's no surprise these dudes keep getting wrecked.

This is why I think anyone who doesn't support players in getting as much money as possible is missing the point. For most, if not all, of these guys it's a question of when -- not if -- they'll suffer a severe injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad