OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season V0l. 2: 1-1 = Half empty... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
He talks about stuff just like his brother does. Seems to be a family trait. I think they're both extremely generic people and do their best to make what they're saying seem more profound. Are they stupid? Probably not...but they come across that way a lot because of their mannerisms.

I honestly think his brother sounds more in-depth but whatever. Not a gruden fan overall, but then I’m sick of being ok with average.

Reactions: RandyHolt

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Alex looking better on that throw to PR. Before that had happy feet.

Peterson signing looking like striking gold so far.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We had a big argument here a year ago about O-line vs RB talent. See any difference now?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hopkins kicks have been pretty wobbly. Need better holds. That one was laces out but a little to the right and the ball was leaning heavily toward the holder. Some guys may like a little tilt but this was like 30 degrees.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
AP was running strong through gaping holes. One compliments the other.

Of course they do, and there will always be good blocks and bad blocks, cut it's clear that AP has talent above our other backs. Some of it is in the way you hit the holes, your vision, your timing, your decision making, etc that maximizes what the line is doing OR compensates for it at times.

Guys like AP who light it up at all levels are not system RBs. They have talent. And the argument last year by some was that our spending so little on RB talent had nothing to do with our lack of run success, it was all the line's fault. Well, we'll see now.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There is enough talent on this defense now that it shouldn't be a major issue. They'd better improve.

Nice exchange there between AP and Portis over the jersey number lol

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Was about to criticize the Broncos for taking timeout at the end of the half instead of letting the clock run, but I guess they still have guys they need to audit in situations so whatever.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
There is enough talent on this defense now that it shouldn't be a major issue. They'd better improve.
I'm not sure they're all that talented at ILB or S, though. Those aren't massively prioritized positions I guess but I suspect they'll be issues. The least they ought to be able to do is improve against the run but if they can't get off the field...

Jay has always struck me as sort of a sloppy personality. He's a football guy but as far as a leader? I've never really thought of him as an organizational tonesetter type. Of course, under Snyder & Allen that level of attention to detail isn't taken seriously anyway.

Reactions: Corby78

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Of course they do, and there will always be good blocks and bad blocks, cut it's clear that AP has talent above our other backs. Some of it is in the way you hit the holes, your vision, your timing, your decision making, etc that maximizes what the line is doing OR compensates for it at times.

Guys like AP who light it up at all levels are not system RBs. They have talent. And the argument last year by some was that our spending so little on RB talent had nothing to do with our lack of run success, it was all the line's fault. Well, we'll see now.

Agreed and the HCs prime choice for the #1 RB being a RB that couldn’t start at Tulane had a lot to do with the running issues last year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I'm not sure they're all that talented at ILB or S, though. Those aren't massively prioritized positions I guess but I suspect they'll be issues. The least they ought to be able to do is improve against the run but if they can't get off the field.

I agree. Swearinger is good but if he was a perennial pro bowl safety he wouldn’t be on his 4th team in less than 5 years and Nicholson has potential but he’s only a 2nd year guy, not sure what his ceiling is at this point. And safety depth behind them is suspect.

Same at ILB. Brown is good but he is more of a compliment to a true MLB/ILB who can read the offense, make the right calls and have the physical tools to match. Foster is filling that role and he is more of a backup level talent. That’s why I held out slim hope Roquan Smith fell to the Skins. Investing in the D line is smart but if they could of gotten a top level MLB/ILB to a anchor the defense for the next decade it would of been huge.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Whatever, Kirk. STFU and GTFO with your passive-aggressive act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad