OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season V0l. 2: 1-1 = Half empty... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Dan is hopefully not involved in contract negotiations anymore, "AD" is just a body because Guice got hurt and Perine who knows when he comes back. Now that there's a FO making educated football decisions I guess I'm all for it.

I believe RB is a young man's game so I am interested why we didn't get Darkwa. He's only 26.

If I were taking a guess, because he can’t catch the ball.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
LOL yeah. How does a pro football player not crush a work out? I mean not wanting to show up is one thing but you ould think there would be more effort from Charles!

I think its specifically the endurance factor. How winded are you after going full bore for 30min? Sure, there are varying degrees of strength, speed, etc....but endurance is about "will & effort", nothing more. AP allegedly crushes that aspect of it....so they signed him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
People train and perform differently, and they are built differently. If they're hoping a speedy, quick, cutting sprinter with an abundance of fast-twitch muscles is going to perform like an endurance athlete who has the opposite profile they're barking up the wrong tree. The surest way to injure such players is to push them too hard for too long.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm ok with AP. Something had to be done. Even as an elderly player he has more upside than Kelley. Kelley will run for 0-3 yards every time and that's about it. AP has the potential and ability to crack off something longer.

How long he can last before wearing down is an issue though. Guy is a physical specimen, but age is relentless especially when you start getting hit.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Sorry not seeing it...

Reporter: why did you sign AP
JG: He wasn't even breathing hard after his workout

Reporter: how is Smith adapting to his new WRs
JG: No matter who we put out there, he keeps throwing the ball around

Reporter: How is the team progressing
JG: The offense has made their plays, the defense has made their plays, and that's really what were looking for.

The man has a knack of saying a lot of words and producing very little substance with them. I'm sure he is smarter than he sounds, but he doesn't sound like he really knows what he is doing.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The man has a knack of saying a lot of words and producing very little substance with them. I'm sure he is smarter than he sounds, but he doesn't sound like he really knows what he is doing.

Just so we understand how should a coach who knows what they are doing have answered those questions?

And please take your time. Unlike a coach who has just had a microphone stuck in his face you have the time to think through the questions and come up with some well thought out and articulate answers.

We’re counting on you couch coach, you’re our only hope...

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Just so we understand how should a coach who knows what they are doing have answered those questions?

And please take your time. Unlike a coach who has just had a microphone stuck in his face you have the time to think through the questions and come up with some well thought out and articulate answers.

We’re counting on you couch coach, you’re our only hope...

Maybe like almost every other coach in the NFL, or like most coaches in college? This isn't like he got blindsided by a question and it was a one off. The way he answers questions is just so vague it doesn't instill a lot of confidence. But like I said, I'm sure he is smarter then he sounds. But please don't act like these are very in-depth football answers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Eh. It is in a coach's interest to be as vanilla as possible to avoid saying anything that might miff anyone anywhere. I think Gruden has shown he is quite the decent coach.

My only real complaint with him is how the running game is handled. That's been a mess the whole time, but nobody is perfect.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
He talks about stuff just like his brother does. Seems to be a family trait. I think they're both extremely generic people and do their best to make what they're saying seem more profound. Are they stupid? Probably not...but they come across that way a lot because of their mannerisms.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Broncos are in desperate need of a uniform update at least. Those vertical stripes are so 90’s. They gots to go.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Defense looked like it did last year, on passing downs at least. No pass rush from front 4 and QB has all day to find open receiver. Holding DEN to 3 was a positive.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This Infinty commercial is stupid. No way in hell German car people give a **** about a fancy Nissan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad