Washington REALLY helped by Kempny trade

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The only victim in this scenario is the Hawks if Rutta looks as dismal as he did to end his year

Why Stanley jumped to give him and Gus gift contracts they received makes no sense. Its truly baffling how Stanley is building our D
I think he's scared Q is mismanaging the DMen situation again. It's obvious Stan has lost a lot of trust in Q.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mismanaging by playing crappy guys he brought into organization?

Gus , Rutta and others who were playing last year were all guys Stanley brought into organization

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Mismanaging by playing crappy guys he brought into organization?

Gus , Rutta and others who were playing last year were all guys Stanley brought into organization
We don't really know if they were all that crappy. Lord knows Kempny proved he wasn't all that crappy. Q only has himself to blame for people being skeptical of his use of DMen.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kempny doesn't appear to be playing like crap ATM...

And I know for a fact that BWC was talking up Rutta on multiple occasions on different parts of HF. He had a sudden and drastic change of heart after Rutta got injured and had trouble staying healthy for the rest of the year.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No it was his piss poor play after teams got book on him and the contract that Stanley gifted him that soured me on Rutta

All I can do is hope that he is better next year if not the Hawks are already in deep hole given state of our D currently with regard to top 4 defenders.

And LOL at the idea of Gus not being a crappy defender. Its not Q that is reason Gus sucks at playing his position we see same damn mistakes over and over and over and over with Gus

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Gus sucks and I don't feel he's any more than a #6-7 defensemen. Rather that spot be used on a promising prospect.

But Rutta was playing awesome hockey, and you admitted as such, up until he got hurt. Must just be an odd coincidence that his level of play dropped when he returned from injury only to miss countless other games and practices due to injury.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
No it was his piss poor play after teams got book on him and the contract that Stanley gifted him that soured me on Rutta

All I can do is hope that he is better next year if not the Hawks are already in deep hole given state of our D currently with regard to top 4 defenders.

And LOL at the ides of Gus not being a crappy defender. Its not Q that is reason Gus sucks at playing his position we see same damn mistakes over and over and over and over with Gus
That's the same thing we said about Kempny. Gus might not be that good. However, let's give him a chance. It will be his 3rd year and it will be sink or swim.

Rutta should improve next year. He's got a chance to be a decent DMen. Give him a chance.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That's the same thing we said about Kempny. Gus might not be that good. However, let's give him a chance. It will be his 3rd year and it will be sink or swim.

Rutta should improve next year. He's got a chance to be a decent DMen. Give him a chance.

I would remind you that many on this board (Not sure if you were) constantly used same defenses for one David Rundblad!

Also Leddy is still more or less afraid of his own shadow in corner and lost in his own end

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I would remind you that many on this board (Not sure if you were) constantly used same defenses for one David Rundblad!

Also Leddy is still more or less afraid of his own shadow in corner and lost in his own end
NO ONE liked Runblad on this board after they saw him in the ice. NO ONE really like Lurch or is it Svedberg either. Every time those two stepped on the ice, I could hear the groans in Chicago from NYC.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I am forced to hope Rutta is improved next year given contract

Honestly with Gus I would rather have one of the kids out there regularly and Oesterle as #7. I just don't see anything with Gus that is salvageable

He is awful defensively and makes so many mistakes

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Next year I’ll just wait for Stan to trade one of our D and I will proceed to bet a couple Gs on that team to win it all

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Rundblad was a better option than Slowzival and you know it, BWC. They both sucked, at least Rundblad could skate a little.....
Quit trolling. You're trolling your own fanbase's board. You know hockey but you have become the Skip Bayless of HF Hawks. Stop. Please. You have gone to "the sky is falling" if they don't win cups. Dollar Bill and Pully aren't running the team anymore. You need a good therapist for your PTSD from the late 90s/early 00s.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Who? Tell us so we can make fun of them. Did they like Runblad after he step onto the ice for the Hawks? I don't remember anyone defending his play with the Hawks.

No he is right. There were some Rundblad defenders on here. He was the very rare player I actually agreed with BWC on actually. Only d-man in that time frame who was worse IMO with us was Cullimore.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I said Rundblad was better than Rozsival. I still stand by that opinion too.
"Vocal defenders" of Rundblad vs. Rundblad is slightly better than the human Zamboni are different arguments.

I don't remember any poster being complimentary of Rundblad, Rozy (post breaking his leg), and Svedberg, collectively. I know some people were okay with Rozy PRIOR to breaking his leg. Some said Svedberg might have potential with his 6'9" reach in a couple of years. Some said Rundblad can at least skate. However, I don't remember anyone being excited with them stepping on the ice.

If I'm not mistaken, Hawks fans were freaking when TVR got hurt. No one was like ... don't worry, we have Rundblad off the bench. No one was clamoring for Rundblad to come back from Europe.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Still blanking on it. Just don't remember anyone defending him. Maybe some said he was serviceable in limited mins and on the PP? But that's far from defending him, IMO.

Plenty of evidence in old GTs and threads. Simple google search is all you need.

Hell read the Rundblad resign thread. That was even before everyone had a consensus on him that he sucks. (some already knew)

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/rundblad-re-signed-for-2-years-1-million-aav.1919747/

My post near the bottom of the 1st page. Read the whole thing. My favorite was DHF getting on Jaeger's case about him thinking he was solid in games cause of "advanced stats".

Reactions: ChiHawks10

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Plenty of evidence in old GTs and threads. Simple google search is all you need.

Hell read the Rundblad resign thread. That was even before everyone had a consensus on him that he sucks. (some already knew)

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/rundblad-re-signed-for-2-years-1-million-aav.1919747/

My post near the bottom of the 1st page. Read the whole thing. My favorite was DHF getting on Jaeger's case about him thinking he was solid in games cause of "advanced stats".
If it's true, we should all take the L on Rundblad. He was atrocious. However, comparing Rundblad to Rutta or Kempny is unfair. Rutta and Kempny are far better DMen than Rundblad.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00