Washington REALLY helped by Kempny trade

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
They had 7 defensemen. It would've made no sense to keep them all in a lost season. Kempny drew interest, who knows if the others did or did not draw interest. They all played at the #4-#6 level and would follow up a decent game with a less than decent game yet Kempny is now being made into being some big loss because he's looking like a serviceable #4?! Ridiculous. If Washington had not come back from being down to Columbus, or been same ol' Washington against Pittsburgh are you all still wringing your hands at the trade? Which of the 7 defensemen should've been traded instead? Keep the options to the bottom pairing, non-Seabrook guys.

Well if the Caps had fizzled in the playoffs it wouldn't have news and it certainly wouldn't have been on Kempny. We would have had to wait for next season to see Kempny blossom under proper utilization.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Caps will need to move Orpik for essentially free - but I think he'll get many suitors. He looked great in a limited role, and only has 1 year left.

EDIT: If Cap is at 80M, they will have no problem if Orpik is moved, or they let DSP/Beagle walk.

ZHx3zAL.png

Last edited:

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Move AA, Hossa and then sign the pair.

Carlsson 7 x 7.5
Kempny 4x 3.5

Debate ends, all good, Hawk's defense set for life with new kids coming, SC winners 3 out of next five.

Overpayment, and he wouldn't come back.

But it would be funny if in an alternate reality, we still had Kempny, let Rutta go, and signed Carlson in the off-season.

Kempny-Carlson
Keith-Murphy
Forsling-Seabrook
Gus

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I Looks great seeing Kempny doing well. I liked him and hated what Q did with him. I hope they keep all the Young D in the minors/Juniors that they won't get the Q Treatment.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Move AA, Hossa and then sign the pair.

Carlsson 7 x 7.5
Kempny 4x 3.5

Debate ends, all good, Hawk's defense set for life with new kids coming, SC winners 3 out of next five.
if Bowman did this I swear to God I would be the happiest guy around, just to see the look on Q's face would be priceless!!

Reactions: dougd

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
if Bowman did this I swear to God I would be the happiest guy around, just to see the look on Q's face would be priceless!!
Probably would storm out just like he did after hearing Hjalmarsson was traded.:laugh:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
two trades for Dmen (Daley and Kempny) that went on to win cups for the new teams cause Q does not know how to use players to the strengths that they have. Idiot Q would rather force players to play to the weaknesses that they have. And Q is still the coach for christ sake. what a joke

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
For the third year in a row, a Dman that was not good enough for Joel Quenneville played top 4 minutes for the cup champion.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I would hope Q ate some humble pie here and realizes he needs to come off his arrogant and stubborn pedestal, but then again, I dont play the lottery for a reason

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yep...Kempny helped Washington go all the way ...now a Cup Winner..while our entitled Merlot -swilling coach kept running his Country Club and let his washed up disinterested vet core "reliabkes" fester into putrid incompetence ...the problem was not so much his fail to use Kempny properly ...but rather his unwillingness to give certain pampered entitled core "heroes" the kick in the Butta they needed to actually care about THEIR lousy performances. Hard for anyone let alone Kempny to shine in such a no-buy-in environment for the once-great core "leaders" .
.then when CC went down with a half season to go the disinterest went into full quit mode ..so Kempny must have been thrilled he got out of Dodge and that cancerous environment Q tolerated in Chicago this season and got the gift of the right club at the right time who all bought in under Trot, where bit was everyone, both stars and grunts pulling non the board together as 1 TEAM with the ONE GOAL in mind. .intend of the been there done that yawn ,ket me cash my fat cheque from the too complacent no longer willing "Q-Core" in Chicago ..So now Kempny gets the last laugh with the Cup hoist tonight and I an sure he will text something appropriate back to Q ..like ..."Ha! Ha! Ha! Can I play this game or what?" As Q repairs to swill more Merit from Binny's and counts the money in his own fat Bank account ...Somebody worked hard at his job and somebody goofed off. .Looks like Kempny worked his behind off and Q and his reliabkes went right to Country Club in self-satisfaction..1 Guy proved his worth...Several Guys proved that accepting incompetence and pretending they still earned their paychecks was fine because after all they were still entitled Royalty for the 3 Cups ...how quickly the fine memory of those Cup has turned to mush and acceptance of Country Club rules...they forgot the hard hard work it takes to play with competence and to care enough to play for each other and play to their best ability ...I think Q 1st needed to convince his core "rekiables" to elevate every game and every shift before insert g Kempny as savior could make any difference whatsoever ..that Q failed so miserably in getting his core to play well permeated the rest of the team to the point that that the entire hose of cards fella a mess of no conviction followed. .In such an atmosphere whether Kempny played or not was no t going to change anything hi g..1st motivate that core again ..then the support cast can fill roles to their best competence..but if the high paid core was allowed it's goof -offs and Country Club ways because Q let them get away with it ..then nothing Kempny could have cotributed would make any difference..so he simply got away to a better place and found he could Contribute to that cause ..because there was a cause ..they all bought in to what Trot motivated them to believe in ...Q failed to motivate anyone on his team to get inspired enough for a but-in..and when CC we t down,they realized there was no switch to turn on anymore..Q allowed the Country Club and tokerated entitled elites of the team to get away withless than all-in play ..so there never was a cause to buy i to anymore.It was pretend and kive in the oast glirues instead of the attention to detail and
all for 1 cause that was required if the team was to a hive success..

And do Kempny gets the last laugh while Q cries in his Merlot now...But Kempny is thankful that Stan traded him out of the Q mess fester g I Chicago ..And now he can up his price I his Ufa entertaining of offers this summer ...He hot a chance to prove his worth in the proper team atmosphere and it paid off in a Cup for him..now somebody will reward him with a larger contract than he ever could have gotten under oh try Club Q. Do a happy Kempny gives Q the finger tonight...He has the last laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->