NFL: Washington Football Team now the Washington Commanders

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The NFL considers itself to be a trade association, so they cannot be a private enterprise.

Sep 19, 2008
They have anti trust protection do they not?
No they gave that up a few years ago.

The NFL considers itself to be a trade association, so they cannot be a private enterprise.
I am ethically and morally opposed to the notion of our elected officials investigating "trade enterprise" or privately held companies, however you want to put it. There are more pressing concerns than the going-ons of a football team, especially one that Goodell has said "has undergone an positive transformation" since the events in question....

Reactions: Save By Thomas

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I am ethically and morally opposed to the notion of our elected officials investigating "trade enterprise" or privately held companies, however you want to put it. There are more pressing concerns than the going-ons of a football team, especially one that Goodell has said "has undergone an positive transformation" since the events in question....
By your standard you don’t support things like having law enforcement and emergency personnel on-hand at NFL games because the threat of government investigations is what led to those. Actual government investigation led to concussion protocols. Otherwise, you get Ryan Shazier laying on the field with a snapped neck having to wait for an ambulance because they have to call 911.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Snyder is about to ask taxpayers to spend billions of dollars building him a new football stadium. Maybe there is a good reason for elected officials to look into the disgusting discriminatory employment practices of this business holding its hat out begging for money.

Sep 19, 2008
spoiler: nothing is going to happen to him

it's not worth firing an owner over. I think I said before that RSL and the NWSL Utah team (can't remember the name), they found out he was racist and doing bad shit and so he was forced to sell, but being forced to sell like that is very rare. If Sarver does sell I will be very surprised. He's entrenched himself deep into the organization. I personally know of shitty owners here (one for the NFL team in particular) who have done shitty stuff and haven't faced anything other than show-cause "suspensions".

Just saying don't get your hopes up that he's selling. There are many people like him, sad to say.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Their name should never have been changed, I couldn't care less about the rest of the goings on.

Eww, that's so creepy.

And honestly, I don't even really 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 what is going on with/in that organization. One, because I'm a Raider fan (although not nearly as much as I was 20 or 30 years ago) and two, because I have way more important things to worry about.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And honestly, I don't even really 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 what is going on with/in that organization. One, because I'm a Raider fan (although not nearly as much as I was 20 or 30 years ago) and two, because I have way more important things to worry about.
Snyder's team oversaw many abuses of female employees over a number of years, including passing around DVDs with videos of cheerleaders naked who didn't know they were being filmed.

Maybe take a look at this stuff before blowing it off by saying you don't care what the team did.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Snyder's team oversaw many abuses of female employees over a number of years, including passing around DVDs with videos of cheerleaders naked who didn't know they were being filmed.

Maybe take a look at this stuff before blowing it off by saying you don't care what the team did.

Well, that sucks but I still don't really 'care'. Like I said, I have other things to worry about. You know, important things like gasoline being at an all-time high, the Southern border being a porous disaster........and on and on. Change the name 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 to the Redskins, it's always been that way, it's tradition. While they're at it they can change the 'Guardians' (absolutely ridiculous name) back to the Indians. Chief Wahoo forever.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Well, that sucks but I still don't really 'care'. Like I said, I have other things to worry about. You know, important things like gasoline being at an all-time high, the Southern border being a porous disaster........and on and on.
What do any of these political talking points have to do with this thread or football?
While they're at it they can change the 'Guardians' (absolutely ridiculous name) back to the Indians. Chief Wahoo forever.
OK in your defense Guardians is an absolute SHIT name. It's actually far worse than Commanders.

Sep 19, 2008
he did some outrageous shit nobody can deny that

however it's outside of congressional purview and even if it was Snyder isn't going to show up anyway so what's the point.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well, that sucks but I still don't really 'care'. Like I said, I have other things to worry about. You know, important things like gasoline being at an all-time high, the Southern border being a porous disaster........and on and on. Change the name 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 to the Redskins, it's always been that way, it's tradition. While they're at it they can change the 'Guardians' (absolutely ridiculous name) back to the Indians. Chief Wahoo forever.
Yes, you’re making it clear you care more about a team name than how the team treats employees.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Yes, you’re making it clear you care more about a team name than how the team treats employees.

If the employee(s) don't like the way they're treated they are free to seek employment elsewhere and/or file suit for compensation. Because some guy(s) acts inappropriately (allegedly?) the fans of said organizations team (many, many who were fans before Dan Snyder took over) have to be subjected to this horseshit?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Everyone has other things to worry about including me but that doesn't mean I'm gonna act like an immoral douchebag. To each their own though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad