OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 3 - Not Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I hate Dan Snyder and the organization as much as anyone else, but RG3 is just trying to cash in on the sexual harassment issue. Pretty bad form.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Give it a rest RG3, you were shit on the other 2 teams you played for so it didn’t make you a “better player”. Just doing whatever to stay relevant at this point. Didn’t he just make a tweet saying he was ready to play for Washington again once Fitz went down?

Reactions: John Price

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
So I guess Washington is now out of the Matt Corral sweepstakes and are now part of the Sam Howell/Kenny Pickett sweepstakes. However, it won't surprise me if Rivera and company draft another defensive player.

Sep 19, 2008
So I guess Washington is now out of the Matt Corral sweepstakes and are now part of the Sam Howell/Kenny Pickett sweepstakes. However, it won't surprise me if Rivera and company draft another defensive player.
Teams don't tank for draft picks especially with how uncertain the market is. But the fans always want the flashy draft pick and prospect.

This team would rather win and contend for the playoffs than lose out and miss the playoffs. To be fair it is about pride. Nobody wants to go 3-14 or 0-17

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They're playing well and still looks like 50-60% actual meat in seats attendance. Can't afford to tank.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They're playing well and still looks like 50-60% actual meat in seats attendance. Can't afford to tank.
I think even if they were undefeated attendance would be an issue. The stadium is a dump and the game day experience is the worst in professional sports. And last night the Metro didn’t stay open late enough to get fans home from the game because Snyder wouldn’t pay for it.

Attendance won’t change until they’re in a new stadium with a better experience, the team is consistently competitive, and the vitriol towards Snyder after this latest off-field embarrassment has subsided a bit. Or until they get a star QB.

Reactions: tycoonheart
Sep 19, 2008
People will show up if the team wins. Also traffic is ass. Took like 20 minutes to pull out of the Morgan Blvd parking lot but once you hit the highway it's free sailing.

Also jd seems alright after yesterday. They brought the cart out and everything but apparently he's fine? Good to see. He provides a punch off the bench and is a solid role player

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Teams don't tank for draft picks especially with how uncertain the market is. But the fans always want the flashy draft pick and prospect.

This team would rather win and contend for the playoffs than lose out and miss the playoffs. To be fair it is about pride. Nobody wants to go 3-14 or 0-17

Mainly this wasn't the year to Tank. No Peyton, No Luck, No Lawrence, in this years draft. No consensus "can't miss franchise QB" coming soon.

Get ready for the Taylor Heineke extension folks! 3 years, $10M/ year.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think even if they were undefeated attendance would be an issue. The stadium is a dump and the game day experience is the worst in professional sports. And last night the Metro didn’t stay open late enough to get fans home from the game because Snyder wouldn’t pay for it.

Attendance won’t change until they’re in a new stadium with a better experience, the team is consistently competitive, and the vitriol towards Snyder after this latest off-field embarrassment has subsided a bit. Or until they get a star QB.

I suspect that winning, a new QB, and a new stadium will not really bring all the fans back to sellouts every week. I suspect Dan Snyder has lost an entire generation of fans who won't come back because they have zero attachment to the team. I mean, they have sucked for 20 years, they aren't the Redskins anymore, there is corruption in every corner of the organization, and the future looks just as bleak as the past. A quick sugar rush won't change the fundamental issues, Dan Snyder has made so many people not care anymore, they won't come back until he's gone and the rot is removed entirely. Just my $.02 but I suspect this isn't an easy fix like a new stadium or getting lucky on a QB.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
From what they said on the broadcast TH has 5yrs experience with this OC and offense. Any replacement is going to have to be a clear upgrade at skills and have the ability to absorb that offense quickly. Not saying it's impossible.

If a strong-armed young guy is there in the draft, and he has other good intangibles, you probably nab him and groom him. But I don't know that you tank or trade up unless there's a total stud, and as we've seen over and over that's not always guaranteed out of the box.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Thanks to the expanded NFL playoff system for giving a middling team like WFT a shot to stay in the playoffs

Not sure if it was here but someone said the WFT have to go to Las Vegas on Sunday after this while Vegas has basically had the time off since Thursday to rest and recover.
Raiders will be without their best player Waller

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I like Heinicke. I know he doesn't have a cannon of an arm but there's something oddly intriguing with him.

It's the Favre thing. I saw it almost immediately and they talked about it last night.

He's intense and focused and I think he plays UP to his competition on the other side (Brady, Newton, Wilson, etc).

Seems like a guy for whom something clicked, although later than some other prodigies. He may only have a few good years in the NFL but it's still an interesting story.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I like Heinicke. I know he doesn't have a cannon of an arm but there's something oddly intriguing with him.

He has the thing we call moxie! Its more important than talent.

801ba91d-9b1f-4ec7-9c26-f56bf35909ce_text.gif

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
New kicker Brian Johnson signed from Bears practice squad
SEASONTEAM
i
NO
Career
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GPFGFG%1-1920-2930-3940-4950+LNGXPMXPAPTS
48-8100.00-04-43-30-01-1525829
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: troyerlaw

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
New kicker Brian Johnson signed from Bears practice squad
SEASONTEAM
i
NO
Career
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GPFGFG%1-1920-2930-3940-4950+LNGXPMXPAPTS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'm thunderstruck

/I am a dad, I have a license for these jokes

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have a feeling it’s going to be a lot of stories we’ve already heard through the media. I’ll also laugh my ass off if Danny sues Robert Griffin
Probably will be some repeat stories. I'm hoping RG3's perspective will at least bring some new flavor to stories or give us a perspective we have not heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad