OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 3 - Not Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Scott Turner did a piss poor job of play calling tonight. He should be embarrassed. You don’t have a kicker and you know you won’t try a FG, then you need to go for the TD, and not only on 4th down. There was no way we would wind the clock below 2 min. The 3 straight stuffed runs on 3rd down were pretty special as well.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
NFL refs still suck. Hope the wins are worth it when they miss out on a QB again. Still don't think Heinicke is the long term answer

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Scott Turner did a piss poor job of play calling tonight. He should be embarrassed. You don’t have a kicker and you know you won’t try a FG, then you need to go for the TD, and not only on 4th down. There was no way we would wind the clock below 2 min. The 3 straight stuffed runs on 3rd down were pretty special as well.
I thought he was solid except for third and short and a few bad play calls in the red zone. They held the ball for their most time of possession since 1984, you don’t do that with piss poor play calling.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

I think what happened was that when they got down to red zone, they realized that if they didnt get a td, that wilson would have to go 90 plus yards and get a 2 point conversion which at that moment, the seahawks offense wasant doing anything.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I think what happened was that when they got down to red zone, they realized that if they didnt get a td, that wilson would have to go 90 plus yards and get a 2 point conversion which at that moment, the seahawks offense wasant doing anything.
Versus what, going for the TD and they still start deep in their territory if we don’t make it? Either way they will start inside their own 20, you might as well go for the TD. The difference between 2 min and 3 min is negligible, as we saw.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
they just needed a 20yd FG Someone on the team cannot kick that???!
That’s what i was thinking. It seems stupid not to have at least one guy on roster who can take a kick in emergency. I think Way could have done it, but i think coaches were also worried about the snap (and the hold, with Way kicking) and the possibility of another block/return

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think RR just wanted an excuse to go for it.

Seattle is a good red zone tesm. No shame there. But the weak 3rd down runs up the gut were repetitive.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That’s what i was thinking. It seems stupid not to have at least one guy on roster who can take a kick in emergency. I think Way could have done it, but i think coaches were also worried about the snap (and the hold, with Way kicking) and the possibility of another block/return
Complicating the process is the fact that Tress is a left-footed kicker, so it's a different set up for the holder.

I imagine at practice they will be identifying an emergency kicker. They also need another full-time kicker since Slye is out a few weeks so he's likely to go on IR.

Reactions: troyerlaw

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

So now he gonna reveal the "secrets" lmao :laugh:

If that's what the book is about then f*** off with it, Bob Griff. He'd have my attention if he wrote 150 pages shitting on Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder and telling stories about how much the Shanahans hated Dan and Bruce but this just comes off as trying to use the traumatic experiences of former female employees to stay relevant.

Reactions: Cappy76
Sep 19, 2008
Thanks to the expanded NFL playoff system for giving a middling team like WFT a shot to stay in the playoffs

Not sure if it was here but someone said the WFT have to go to Las Vegas on Sunday after this while Vegas has basically had the time off since Thursday to rest and recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad