OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 3 - Not Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Snyder is under "suspension" ;)

And the last time he meddled was the Haskins ordeal.

That said I was going downstairs to fill up the water in my glass and I was just coming to grips with reality. Washington isn't any good and were eliminated today. Philly is going to advance to the playoffs since the Packers are up 23-0 or whatever. It really is amazing how much this team has fallen.

Old people like me, we don't have a choice. I started watching the games in 2000, but by that point I was already in high school. I've seen 21 years of this shit. And you have to understand that back then the WFT WAS the main attraction in this city. There was no other sport team. It was WFT by a mile, then the Caps (who had made a final in 1998, but as well all know, had to give away Finals tickets because there was little interest, even after the "Keep the Caps" campaign. To be fair the Caps did make the playoffs routinely after getting Langway in the 80's but that's a whole history book on that) and then the Bullets. There was no baseball team in this city. The WFT were "the team".

The problem is that every other sport other than the Wizards got gud. The Caps drafted Ovechkin and he spearheaded a hockey revolution in the area. That and Rock the Red in the late 2000's vaulted DC into a hockey town. Then the baseball team came back to DC, and it was a Nats town. Meanwhile Washington continued to flounder under Snyder, occasionally making that playoff run but consistently being mediocre overall.

To me the WFT will always be the first and foremost sport I follow. I will always treat every game of theirs with strong emotions and that won't ever change. I'm not numb to anything. And Snyder still hasn't robbed the love of this team from me, I'll still appreciate them whatever they call themselves. But I can see why people get worn down of the same old shit. They are consistently hovering around .500 with that occasional 3-13 season peppered in.

All I'm just saying is that I will always be with this team, but Snyder has really hit a generation hard with his antics. There aren't young people like me who are WFT fans. I went to an event at FedEx Field the other day; they were trying to get new season ticket holders. I stayed to eat free food and watch Joe Theissman talk (and get an autograph). And geez I'm pretty old and I must have been one of the young ones there. It's amazing how much of the fanbase is old or over 30.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

That said I was going downstairs to fill up the water in my glass and I was just coming to grips with reality. Washington isn't any good and were eliminated today. Philly is going to advance to the playoffs since the Packers are up 23-0 or whatever. It really is amazing how much this team has fallen.

Old people like me, we don't have a choice. I started watching the games in 2000, but by that point I was already in high school. I've seen 21 years of this shit. And you have to understand that back then the WFT WAS the main attraction in this city. There was no other sport team. It was WFT by a mile, then the Caps (who had made a final in 1998, but as well all know, had to give away Finals tickets because there was little interest, even after the "Keep the Caps" campaign. To be fair the Caps did make the playoffs routinely after getting Langway in the 80's but that's a whole history book on that) and then the Bullets. There was no baseball team in this city. The WFT were "the team".

The problem is that every other sport other than the Wizards got gud. The Caps drafted Ovechkin and he spearheaded a hockey revolution in the area. That and Rock the Red in the late 2000's vaulted DC into a hockey town. Then the baseball team came back to DC, and it was a Nats town. Meanwhile Washington continued to flounder under Snyder, occasionally making that playoff run but consistently being mediocre overall.

To me the WFT will always be the first and foremost sport I follow. I will always treat every game of theirs with strong emotions and that won't ever change. I'm not numb to anything. And Snyder still hasn't robbed the love of this team from me, I'll still appreciate them whatever they call themselves. But I can see why people get worn down of the same old shit. They are consistently hovering around .500 with that occasional 3-13 season peppered in.

All I'm just saying is that I will always be with this team, but Snyder has really hit a generation hard with his antics. There aren't young people like me who are WFT fans. I went to an event at FedEx Field the other day; they were trying to get new season ticket holders. I stayed to eat free food and watch Joe Theissman talk (and get an autograph). And geez I'm pretty old and I must have been one of the young ones there. It's amazing how much of the fanbase is old or over 30.

Noooo. It really hurts and feels rock bottom when @John Price is starting to lose hope with the team. :(

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I didn't say I lose hope, heck people are mad when I tell them Rivera has changed the culture and that players actually want to come here to play. I'm just saying Snyder ruined a generation and I can see why people would be apathetic
I think we’re roughly the same age (mid-30s) so like you, pretty much all I’ve known when it comes to the WFT is embarrassment on and off the field. Two of the “best” seasons we’ve had included our star safety getting murdered and then our star rookie QB tearing his ACL. Snyder is a disease and the anti-Midas; everything he touches turns to shit.

No name, awful owner, awful on-field product, awful stadium… catch the fever!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Snyder is acting through his wife. The suspension is fake.

We've played this "Snyder isn't meddling" game more times than I can remember. He can, and he will. Inevitably as the sun rises. Hell, at this point he's getting due.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Snyder is acting through his wife. The suspension is fake.

We've played this "Snyder isn't meddling" game more times than I can remember. He can, and he will. Inevitably as the sun rises. Hell, at this point he's getting due.

Snyder doesn't even have to meddle to drag this franchise into the dirt. He ruins it by hiring incompetent managers like Jason Smith, who botched the Sean Taylor day and ignored Ryan Kerrigan entirely. He doesn't have to meddle just to make quality leaders like McVay and LaFleur leave town first chance they get.

Even when he's not meddling, he's still toxic and incompetent. It really doesn't matter what he does, it's who he is.

Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad