OT: Washington Football Team 2021 Offseason Thread 2: Roster Roulette

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I wish they just named it Washington football club and be done with it. Numbers on one side of the helmet and the W on the other

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wish they just named it Washington football club and be done with it. Numbers on one side of the helmet and the W on the other
Washington FC sounds awesome. They can call them the Footballers or an unofficial nickname that has something to do with The District, just like Arsenal are called "the Gunners" because Arsenal was formed in 1886 as Dial Square FC in Woolwich, Royal Arsenal by workers from the Dial Square Ammunitions factory and since the workers manufactured guns and ammo, the team became known as the Gunners.

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The circle logo is dumb also, wish they just used the W. This on the side of the helmet with the number on the other side, Washington FC. Done
7D796552-6024-4782-B270-E2314A46404F.jpeg

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
No need to break the brain on this. Just keep it within the Washington DC theme just like the other DC teams and call them the Warlocks, then call it a day.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I’ve been bullish on resigning Scherff but if the team can’t get him resigned to a deal they have to let him walk. As this tweet says 18 mil against the cap for a guard with an injury history can’t happen.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

I’ve been bullish on resigning Scherff but if the team can’t get him resigned to a deal they have to let him walk. As this tweet says 18 mil against the cap for a guard with an injury history can’t happen.

18 mill is fine for him IMO cant let him go for nothing

I've heard rumors that Chicago might just franchise tag Allen Robinson and trade him so they don't lose him for nothing. A tag and trade.

What about if we do a franchise tag of Scherff and trade him to Chicago for Allen Robinson.

A tag-tag and trade. That way, both teams don't lose their guys for nothing, and we'll have the stud WR that we're already looking for to pair with McLaurin.

Edit: or a regular sign and trade by both teams might make more sense and more appealing to both players too lol..

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I don't know who the backup RG is, but if we lose the best OL we have (by a wide margin), we'll probably regret it sooner rather than later. Whoever is unlucky enough to be the starting QB should just plan on handing off a lot and going 3 and out a lot, because there are too many other holes on the team to fill if we add RG as a priority patch job. LG and LT remain unsettled.

The proper move here is to get him signed to a fair long term deal which grants us relief if he continues to be an IR magnet, but pays him like the top RG in the event he plays full time.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I don't know who the backup RG is, but if we lose the best OL we have (by a wide margin), we'll probably regret it sooner rather than later. Whoever is unlucky enough to be the starting QB should just plan on handing off a lot and going 3 and out a lot, because there are too many other holes on the team to fill if we add RG as a priority patch job. LG and LT remain unsettled.

The proper move here is to get him signed to a fair long term deal which grants us relief if he continues to be an IR magnet, but pays him like the top RG in the event he plays full time.
But he hasn’t been the best O-lineman on the team according to Cooley this past season. That is Morgan Moses.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Listening to Sheehan’s podcast and Al Galdi’s new podcast the speculation on the delay in the new name is tied to the current drama involving the minority owners and the Jeff Bezos news. The team would be worth more to a new owner if the new owner can rename the team. According to Sheehan, 5 billion with no name compared to 3 billion if a new name is chosen before a sale. Just speculation but it makes sense.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
But he hasn’t been the best O-lineman on the team according to Cooley this past season. That is Morgan Moses.

I like most of Cooley's takes. This isn't one of them. One guy has made multiple Pro Bowls and is a current All Pro. The other guy has zero post season awards.

Moses and Scherff make a really nice right side. If we lose that we're playing whack-a-mole on the OL once again.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Listening to Sheehan’s podcast and Al Galdi’s new podcast the speculation on the delay in the new name is tied to the current drama involving the minority owners and the Jeff Bezos news. The team would be worth more to a new owner if the new owner can rename the team. Just speculation but it makes sense.

well I’m glad they backed up our earlier discussion on just that...lol.

new owner makes sense on holding the rename...

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
well I’m glad they backed up our earlier discussion on just that...lol.

new owner makes sense on holding the rename...
Yes but I forgot an important part of the speculation and you quoted before I could update what I forgot. The 2 billion difference in price depending on the name situation.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Listening to Sheehan’s podcast and Al Galdi’s new podcast the speculation on the delay in the new name is tied to the current drama involving the minority owners and the Jeff Bezos news. The team would be worth more to a new owner if the new owner can rename the team. According to Sheehan, 5 billion with no name compared to 3 billion if a new name is chosen before a sale. Just speculation but it makes sense.

I know its speculation, but a $2B (thats a B for Beeeelion) premium to hold off on the name seems almost like something Snyder would consider. But ultimately, I cannot see him selling for any sum unless he knows he's going to be forced to sell, Sterling or Richardson style. My guess is Snyder knows his fate and is figuring out how to maximize his parachute before he's kicked out the door of the airplane.

Bezos for $5B would be hilarious.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I like most of Cooley's takes. This isn't one of them. One guy has made multiple Pro Bowls and is a current All Pro. The other guy has zero post season awards.

Moses and Scherff make a really nice right side. If we lose that we're playing whack-a-mole on the OL once again.

Post season awards are a popularity contest. Cooley recently said he was surprised Scherff made all-pro this season because his play was good but not all-pro great. He also said he didn’t watch a lot of games of other guards but Zach Martin moving to RT helped Scherff.

Ultimately, as good as Scherff is he is still a guard. Of all the spots on the O-line guard is still behind tackle and center in level of importance. Having said that, with the emergence of dominant DTs in the NFL like Aaron Donald, guards are important. But still 18 mil for a guard is nuts. DC can afford that for 2021 but, like with Cousins, playing on the tag will give Scherff more leverage after 2021. DC needs him but if they can’t get him resigned now he will be gone at some point soon.

A possible alternative is drafting a LT at 19 and putting Charles at guard.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad