OT: Washington Football Team 2021 Offseason Thread 2: Roster Roulette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Any team can beat any team one time but it’s a whole different animal to win a Super Bowl. You could also flip it and say Heinicke played better than Brady and they still lost, so there’s a lot of work to be done on the roster.
Funny that you guys are talking about this and JP Finley just retweeted this.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
“You know what? I tried to come to terms with him,” Rivera told Cowherd, via Nicki Jhabvala of The Washington Post. “He’s a very talented player. He’s got an NFL arm, a legit arm, and there’s a part of him that he wants to, but something keeps getting in the way. I’m not sure what it was, and that was the hard part because he puts in the time, and then he doesn’t. And you’re wondering, ‘Where is he? What’s he doing?’ You see him over there and you go, ‘OK,’ and then you don’t see him. So I think the thing he needs to do is just prioritize. The kid, as I said, he’s talented, and if he ever does get it, he’s going to make an impact.”

Reactions: kicksavedave

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Immaturity. That's all what this. In part though, this is what happens when these guys are catered to at a young age. They know nothing of responsibility, adversity or disappointment because everyone in their inner circle manages that for them. It also certainly didn't help that Haskins came into an environment where they had no clue how to develop him and Snyder allowed a circus like atmosphere to foster. On top of it, nobody wanted him, previous and current coaching staffs. He was going to fail regardless.

Releasing him was the best thing that ever happened to him. This is his final shot and he knows it. He's going to a great team with a great structure in Pittsburgh and if Mike Tomlin can deal with Antonio Brown and Le Veon Bell, he'll have no problems with Dwayne Haskins.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hard to say if it's immaturity or something deeper. Some people never grow out of things others consider transitional, or bad habits.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I don’t think those guys will be half the price of Golladay. Maybe 2/3rds

Even better, especially if Golladay is going to get around $19 to $20 million a year. If the WFT can sign both Davis and Samuel for a combined $20 million or less, I'm totally down with that. Great way to rebuild the wide receiver position on the team. This could potentially be a wide receiver unit that has three receivers with 1,000 yards (when was the last time Washington had something like that). Factor in Logan Thomas for 650 to 700 yards a season, 600 yards for McKissic and Gibson for 300 yards, you're looking at potentially 4600 yards in receiving between those five. This offense could potentially be lethal, provided they have a viable quarterback (seeing as to how I've already stated my piece on Allen and Heinicke, no sense in rehashing that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad