OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Draft and Post-Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

The team has resodded the field in recent years, but the reconstruction, which will begin Monday and will be led by head groundskeeper Pete Benevento, will include the removal of not just the grass layer but 14 inches of topsoil and subsoil. That’s approximately 5,000 cubic yards of earth — the capacity of 500 dump trucks — and will strip the field down to a heating system that Bloyer said still works as intended.

“We’re moving the existing irrigation system, the existing drainage system,” said Bloyer, who is overseeing the project. “(We’re) replacing all of that with brand new systems and then new sod. Renovations in prior years were sod and some element of the root zone. This is an entire renovation down to the bottom — down to the foundation, if you will, if you think about it like a house.”

No field turf. Excellent news.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
PFF Quarterback Rankings: All 32 starters ahead of the 2021 NFL season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF
19. RYAN FITZPATRICK, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM
Fitzpatrick continues to play his best football the longer he stays in the league — the veteran ranks 15th in PFF passing grade since 2018. Last year in Miami, he had the team rolling until Brian Flores took the QB room for a rollercoaster ride. It's rare for a veteran quarterback “placeholder” to join a solid football team, but this will be the best team Fitzpatrick has been on in quite some time. Fitzpatrick brings energy, leadership and a wealth of knowledge to a locker room, but his Achilles heel is protecting the football. If he is able to play smart and deliver on explosive plays, Washington will be a playoff contender.

Dak is 7, Fitz is 19, Daniel Jones is 20, Hurts is 31.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

WTF? I mean I've heard it said its better to move on from a player a year early than a year late, but Moses has been our most dependable OL, fighting through all kinds of injuries, for half a decade now. Who would they pencil in to start at RT then? Lucas, who played well at LT? Cosmi, a rookie?

Don't like this move. Next year, fine! This year, its just asking for reduced depth.

Reactions: Corby78

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’m fine with Ron picking his own guys. Maybe he has a bad attitude after years of playing with Trent Williams and under Jay

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I’m fine with Ron picking his own guys. Maybe he has a bad attitude after years of playing with Trent Williams and under Jay
He publicly backed Trent during Trent’s BS dispute a couple years ago. Moses has 2 years left on a team friendly deal so he probably wants a new contract as well. He is one of the last links to the shit Bruce culture. Time to go.

Lucas played LT last year but he is more a RT and Cosmi and Charles can play RT as well. The team has options.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
He publicly backed Trent during Trent’s BS dispute a couple years ago. Moses has 2 years left on a team friendly deal so he probably wants a new contract as well. He is one of the last links to the shit Bruce culture. Time to go.

Lucas played LT last year but he is more a RT and Cosmi and Charles can play RT as well. The team has options.

So he should have backed Bruce Allen instead? Come on, Moses has been a relatively quiet, hard working, reliable and tough RT for 6 plus years at, as you put it, a team friendly deal. Maybe they think they have depth to replace him, just not sure why they feel they need to.

No one on the planet knows if Charles can actually play, so they will have Leno, Lucas and a rookie 2nd rounder as their OT options. One injury in camp and suddenly the depth may not look so hot.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It sounds from Keim like Moses requested a trade if the team wasn't going to extend him. Seems like they're doing him a solid.

That's what I thought too. It was on Moses who wants to leave. Kinda hard imagining the team wanting to trade him so close to camp otherwise.

We do have options, but why fix what's not broken unless this is what he wanted.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
WTF? I mean I've heard it said its better to move on from a player a year early than a year late, but Moses has been our most dependable OL, fighting through all kinds of injuries, for half a decade now. Who would they pencil in to start at RT then? Lucas, who played well at LT? Cosmi, a rookie?

Don't like this move. Next year, fine! This year, its just asking for reduced depth.

Side effect of overpaying for a teammate on the Franchise tag! ;)

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Side effect of overpaying for a teammate on the Franchise tag! ;)

So the NFL salary cap is $186M, but the Dan Snyder salary cap is what, $168M or something lower? Ain't buyin dat ;)

But if this is Moses asking permission and RR granting it, what can you do. They likely weren't going to re-sign Moses long term so it is what it is. Just from the original tweet it sounded like they are telling him "we don't want you here this year". I mean it says "he may be released".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad