OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 13: 5th String QB Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It’s also something to note, that coming in he and Haskins were “buddies” (possibly more hyperbole than fact simply due to OSU teammates), yet Haskins demotion hasn’t negatively impacted McLaurin’s approach at all — in fact, it’s seemingly made Terry even more of a leader.

awesome

I’d be pretty disappointed if one player went downhill because his “buddy” was demoted for legit reasons.

thankfully he seems like he’s a grown ass man.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I’d be pretty disappointed if one player went downhill because his “buddy” was demoted for legit reasons.

thankfully he seems like he’s a grown ass man.
Well, you seem to be very quick to be disappointed by this team regardless of the news, so perhaps we can look at it this positively? New players, new coach, nee management, new infrastructure?

Sep 19, 2008
Man. This Giants game is looking bigger and bigger....which is shocking.

not with respect to the magnitude of the game in the NFL landscape — its peanuts — but with respect to the Redskins team and development.

This team knows it’s a big game for them, so it will be very telling how they come out. Games like this under Gruden usually started poorly, and ended worse. The team would be flat, they’d make a lot of mistakes, Kirk would choke in the clutch, and they’d lose. Almost all the time.

Ron & Co’s first big test.

a win (especially a resounding one) gives them even more momentum into that Lions game, which could easily now be without Stafford.....so a decent chance to get to 4-5.

let’s see what these kids are made of
Maybe this is why tickets are still 187 dollars (and no singles available)

Damn it

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
If you think that he's carrying momentum from his step ups into that throw, you need your eyes check. It's obviously more than a "flick of the wrist," but he's not running into that throw either. He takes a very obvious pause to control his momentum before a huge foot plant into the throw.

Based on what you wrote above, I doubt you have ever thrown a ball in your life lol.

The huge foot plant is the key word. I’ll let you figure what’s wrong with you statement above.

Hint: Basic physics

Reactions: Ridley Simon

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well, you seem to be very quick to be disappointed by this team regardless of the news, so perhaps we can look at it this positively? New players, new coach, nee management, new infrastructure?

as if they haven’t delivered this for decades now lol....

I’m hopeful for RR, but his early mixed messaging has me concerned he can’t really see beyond his nose (this season)....but yeah, I feel as positive as is currently warranted IMO without a QB they can win with.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
as if they haven’t delivered this for decades now lol....

I’m hopeful for RR, but his early mixed messaging has me concerned he can’t really see beyond his nose (this season)....but yeah, I feel as positive as is currently warranted IMO without a QB they can win with.
Watch Kyle Allen guide them to an NFC East title (7-9 record) and allow them to think he could be the guy.

Fools Gold

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
People are still high on the fumes of beating a terrible, debilitated Dallas team. I keep hearing 7 wins on the radio, too.
Giants (possible W)
Detroit (coin flip if no Stafford, loss if Stafford)
Cincy (now a loss, Burrow is good)
Dallas (possible W)
Pitt (L)
SF (L even with backups at QB and TE due to SF defense)
Seattle (L)
Carolina (fantasy win for RR possible, maybe coin flip)
Philly (coin flip)

To me that's 2 probable wins and 3 coin flips. Everything has to go right to get to 7 wins.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
People are still high on the fumes of beating a terrible, debilitated Dallas team. I keep hearing 7 wins on the radio, too.
Giants (possible W)
Detroit (coin flip if no Stafford, loss if Stafford)
Cincy (now a loss, Burrow is good)
Dallas (possible W)
Pitt (L)
SF (L even with backups at QB and TE due to SF defense)
Seattle (L)
Carolina (fantasy win for RR possible, maybe coin flip)
Philly (coin flip)

To me that's 2 probable wins and 3 coin flips. Everything has to go right to get to 7 wins.
Can’t ever assume Cincinnati will beat anyone. Even us.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Can’t ever assume Cincinnati will beat anyone. Even us.

The Bungles still have choker stigma for sure, but they've lost some close games and tied the Eagles. They just beat a good Titans team. They will face WFT after another tough test vs the Steelers. They will be ready (barring big injuries).

The WFT will be coming off a bye, then two cupcake teams *if DET is without Stafford. Cincy may roll.

Any given Sunday applies, but I'm putting Cincy in the L column for now (after picking that as a W in the preseason).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Based on what you wrote above, I doubt you have ever thrown a ball in your life lol.

The huge foot plant is the key word. I’ll let you figure what’s wrong with you statement above.

Hint: Basic physics

Based on what you wrote, I doubt you even watched the video. How anyone can watch that video and conclude he was running into the throw is beyond absurd. But whatever, you can continue quoting stuff from a week ago for no reason, lmfao

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
With Kittle out Jordan Reed comes off the IR for at least part of one game (assuming no injuries during warm ups)

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I've been seeing this everywhere lol:

I get it, you hated him 4 years ago and you still hate him now. Hell I can’t even stand the guy. I've seen a lot of hate thrown his way, but this guy is a consistent winner and an overachiever. Call it jealously, call it envy, some people just can't handle how successful he is and how much money he has, could even be jealous that he's got a hot foreign model as his wife. That's what the people who support him love about him.

Yes there have been some scandals, yes there have been some lies, and maybe a few times he's twisted the truth to make himself look better. He's out there everyday proving those haters wrong time after time. You may not have wanted him in this role, but he's there now and there is nothing you or I can do about it.

I know its possibly going to get worse over the next several days, but like him or not, Tom Brady is turning things around in Tampa Bay.​

Last edited:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Oh Jon Jon Jon... family isn't exactly the sharpest tool set

And what is the Wilkinson report?

Edit: Ah. Beth Wilkinson is the one who is doing the investigation into Snyder. The one he hired and was taken over by the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad