OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 13: 5th String QB Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
It was posted in the last thread but the Athletic article about the team standing behind Rivera despite at 1-5 start is pretty good read. Basically nobody revolted or went Cowboys on the team or trashed the coaches. They seem very complimentary of Ron too and the work ethic is better at "WFT Park"

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Things are swinging up. But that always seems the case after a win, against a hated rival.

imagine how people would be talking if they were 3-4 and actually IN first place.

IF this team can harness their new found confidence, beat NYG, then beat Det? 4-5 with Cinci and Dallas again coming up?

it’s not impossible. Gotta beat the Giants first.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Just look at the Eagles schedule. It’s pretty hard as well after the next 3 or so.

the division *may* come down to that last name in Philly. They host the Skins.
I think it'll come down to how quickly the Eagles get healthy (or not). They are decimated with injuries right now... DJax, Lane Johnson, Zack Ertz, Jason Peters, Malik Jackson, Hassan Ridgeway, Alshon Jeffrey, Avonte Maddox, Miles Sanders, Dallas Goedert, Jalen Reagor, Isaac Seumalo, Brandon Brooks, Andre Dillard... the list goes on. Some of those guys will be back and some won't. There's no question that Philly is hands-down a better team when they're healthy but they are crushed with injuries and their remaining schedule is tough.

Even as it stands, Philly has to be favored. Washington may find a way, at best, to go 3-1 vs Dallas, New York, Cinci, and Detroit (2-2 is more likely, imo) but then they're going to get annihilated by Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Seattle. So let's optimistically say they go 3-4 in the stretch, they're now at 5-9. They finish with Carolina and Philly which could go either way, though I doubt they'll be favored in either matchup. Carolina is playing well under Rhule and Philly is a good football team when healthy. 5-11 seems the most likely outcome to me. Philly is 2-4-1 and they still get Dallas x2, the Giants, and Washington. Even if they lose every other game but win those four they are 6-9-1.

Had Washington beat the Giants I could see the division coming down to the last game of the season if everything broke right for them but I don't think it's going to happen.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think it'll come down to how quickly the Eagles get healthy (or not). They are decimated with injuries right now... DJax, Lane Johnson, Zack Ertz, Jason Peters, Malik Jackson, Hassan Ridgeway, Alshon Jeffrey, Avonte Maddox, Miles Sanders, Dallas Goedert, Jalen Reagor, Isaac Seumalo, Brandon Brooks, Andre Dillard... the list goes on. Some of those guys will be back and some won't. There's no question that Philly is hands-down a better team when they're healthy but they are crushed with injuries and their remaining schedule is tough.

Even as it stands, Philly has to be favored. Washington may find a way, at best, to go 3-1 vs Dallas, New York, Cinci, and Detroit (2-2 is more likely, imo) but then they're going to get annihilated by Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Seattle. So let's optimistically say they go 3-4 in the stretch, they're now at 5-9. They finish with Carolina and Philly which could go either way, though I doubt they'll be favored in either matchup. Carolina is playing well under Rhule and Philly is a good football team when healthy. 5-11 seems the most likely outcome to me. Philly is 2-4-1 and they still get Dallas x2, the Giants, and Washington. Even if they lose every other game but win those four they are 6-9-1.

Had Washington beat the Giants I could see the division coming down to the last game of the season if everything broke right for them but I don't think it's going to happen.
Welp, even by your calculations on results (which are fair to generous), that last game would have Wash at 5-10 and Philly at 5-9-1. Ergo it would be for the division title

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

I haven’t listened to this, and I probably won’t, but a new name possible by mid 2021. So right before next season.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The decision to really gun for the division title should be based on how they look against the Giants after the bye. If they look like the WFT in the 2nd half of the last Giants game where they dominated them and continuing the trend of play since then, by all means. 7-9 or 8-8 might seem possible.

Sep 19, 2008

Just wish we'd hear this about Haskins. All we hear is about his brand or mistakes he made. Why can't he be a good kid like Chase.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Welp, even by your calculations on results (which are fair to generous), that last game would have Wash at 5-10 and Philly at 5-9-1. Ergo it would be for the division title
Those are absolute best case calculations where Washington wins the games they should and probably one they shouldn't, and where the Eagles lose every remaining game outside of the NFCE. More realistically, Washington loses a game or two more than outlined and Philly wins a game or two more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad