OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 13: 5th String QB Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Statistically Washington and Dallas have the easiest remaining schedules.

Philly has the hardest.

In terms of schedule strength your favorites ATM

Dallas (even with QB situation)

Washington (easy opposition other than Seahawks / Steelers)

Giants

Eagles (gauntlet rest of the way)​

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Is DC ever gets a new stadium I hope its a dome and it’s like ARI first and LV now with a field that can be retracted outside so real grass can be grown.
Domed stadiums for football should be outlawed. The Vikings and Lions have been teams without personality (or much success) since they entered domes. Football without the elements is just so much more sterile and antiseptic.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Domed stadiums for football should be outlawed. The Vikings and Lions have been teams without personality (or much success) since they entered domes. Football without the elements is just so much more sterile and antiseptic.
images

Its not always dull. But I do like the outdoors.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This is why you have to have somewhat of an OL before drafting your franchise QB.

I'm actually pining for WFT to land in position to draft Penei Sewell. Watched some highlights. 330 lbs guy with feet like a TE, blocks in open space like a fulback, mauls DL like a road grater. Sticking him at LT for a decade would go a LONG way to keeping whoever is the QB healthy.

If we can't land Lawrence which we obviously won't, none of the other QBs excite me like adding Sewell does.

Reactions: Ajax1995

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm actually pining for WFT to land in position to draft Penei Sewell. Watched some highlights. 330 lbs guy with feet like a TE, blocks in open space like a fulback, mauls DL like a road grater. Sticking him at LT for a decade would go a LONG way to keeping whoever is the QB healthy.

If we can't land Lawrence which we obviously won't, none of the other QBs excite me like adding Sewell does.
I think there's roughly a 0% change we are able to draft Sewell. It's pretty much a given now that 1-2-3 will be Jets followed by Jags/Bengals and the Jets and Jags will each take a QB and the Bengals will certainly take Sewell after the heat they're taking for not protecting Burrow. I think Sewell to Cinci is more of a lock than Lawrence to New York.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think there's roughly a 0% change we are able to draft Sewell. It's pretty much a given now that 1-2-3 will be Jets followed by Jags/Bengals and the Jets and Jags will each take a QB and the Bengals will certainly take Sewell after the heat they're taking for not protecting Burrow. I think Sewell to Cinci is more of a lock than Lawrence to New York.

Well yeah, I guess I should have said "was pining"... this win hurt us badly!

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So with the Sewell dreams fading away, it seems like Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech is rising on the draft boards? Any VTech watchers can confirm?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Still not terrible. Wonder if Atlanta goes QB or if they try to get help for that awful defense of theirs. Either way WFT should be set up for a QB if they hold at this spot since Cinci, LA, and Dallas won't be drafting one.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I hope we get another QB for next season, it would be very meh if we go into next year with Alex Smith and Kyle Allen. It’s almost certain it would be another 6-7 win year for us

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I hope we get another QB for next season, it would be very meh if we go into next year with Alex Smith and Kyle Allen. It’s almost certain it would be another 6-7 win year for us

Screw that. Build an offensive line that good but not great QB’s can thrive behind and go from there. If there is any organization that should understand that approach it should be the one formerly known as the Redskins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad