OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 13: 5th String QB Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Do we trade Kerrigan still to get something for him before his contract ends or keep him and go all out for the NFC East hunt?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Mac Jones is a QB to keep an eye on in the 2nd round or trade down scenarios.

Love his game, just wonder about the upside.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Do we trade Kerrigan still to get something for him before his contract ends or keep him and go all out for the NFC East hunt?

I have a hard time seeing them go firesale.....or even some lesser version of it....

Does a 3rd or 4th (if even that high) for Kerrigan seem worth trading away your sack leader and a pretty good guy by most accounts? I say nope....but I would take a 3rd if he wanted to go to a contender for a shot.....he would have to want to go.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Mac Jones is a QB to keep an eye on in the 2nd round or trade down scenarios.

Love his game, just wonder about the upside.
I like him too but I'm always hesitant when it comes to 'bama QBs. Tua is the first Alabama QB drafted in the first round since the 70s and the last good NFL QB to come from there is Ken Stabler back in 1968. They just have so much talent that the QBs aren't asked to do much. Jones definitely seems better than A.J McCarron or Greg McElroy but who knows.

The BYU guy, Zach Wilson, is another really intriguing guy to watch. He's 6'3" 210 lbs, very athletic, and can make every throw. He could be a late 1st rounder or early Day 2 pick. Look at this throw... obviously not great mechanics but he literally just flicked his wrist and threw a dime 45 yards for a TD.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Eric Reid turn downs coach Rons offer to join the practice team. So much for the black ball. Sounds like he wanted a guaranteed starting spot and didn’t want to compete to make the team.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I like him too but I'm always hesitant when it comes to 'bama QBs. Tua is the first Alabama QB drafted in the first round since the 70s and the last good NFL QB to come from there is Ken Stabler back in 1968. They just have so much talent that the QBs aren't asked to do much. Jones definitely seems better than A.J McCarron or Greg McElroy but who knows.

The BYU guy, Zach Wilson, is another really intriguing guy to watch. He's 6'3" 210 lbs, very athletic, and can make every throw. He could be a late 1st rounder or early Day 2 pick. Look at this throw... obviously not great mechanics but he literally just flicked his wrist and threw a dime 45 yards for a TD.

Wilson is another guy with boom-bust potential worth tracking. He relies a bit too much on his athleticism, though.

I like the way Mac Jones moves around the pocket and makes reads. He reminds me of Brady and Big Ben in that regard.

His arm is suspect but I don't see many dangerous throws. And he hits deep passes. Weird.

I bet one of these guys hits.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I wonder if that comment came after Reid blew them off. If so seems like a message.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don’t blame Reid at all. He wants a full squad contract. So he can wait for one if he chooses.

May not come. Or it may. We will see

I don't blame him either. I'm digging more into the possibility of RR's use of the media being strategic, which it seems like it is.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Maybe @Ridley Simon is right and the division will come down to the last game of the season... The Athletic has Washington finishing at 6-10 with a 31.6% chance of winning the division right behind Philly at 6-9-1 with a 39.7% chance at winning the division. This model would have the WFT finishing 2nd in the East with the 8th worst record overall and one of four teams finishing at 6-10, which would leave them selecting anywhere from 8th to 11th in the first round depending on tiebreakers. Model specifics for Washington:
  • Make playoffs: 31.6%
  • Reach Divisional: 11.3%
  • Reach Conf Champ: 2.4%
  • Reach Super Bowl: 0.5%
  • Win Lombardi: 0.1%
So you're saying there's a chance!

NFL playoff predictions: Record projections, Super Bowl chances for every team

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Do divisions winners get moved back for draft slotting?

I can’t remember? I thought it was only the final 4 that were pushed to the last 4 picks, regardless of record.

Or is that not accurate?

Meaning — say the Skins finish 6-10 and win the LEast. Do they automatically get pushed to 25th selection? Or would they still pick like 11th )or wherever they actually finish)

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

I can’t remember? I thought it was only the final 4 that were pushed to the last 4 picks, regardless of record.

Or is that not accurate?

Meaning — say the Skins finish 6-10 and win the LEast. Do they automatically get pushed to 25th selection? Or would they still pick like 11th )or wherever they actually finish)

Playoff participationts are automatically slotted in spots 21-32.

6-10 won't matter.

Edit: And division winner doesn't mean anything after that but which round the team is eliminated in (records tiebreaker so 6-10 will matter here).

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Or is that not accurate?

If they win the East they move down to the 20s. If they don't they stay where their record slots them, depending on tiebreakers. So they'd likely be forfeiting any where from 8 to 12 draft slots depending on how things shake out if they win the division with a 6-10/7-9 record.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
If they lose the East by a half-game because RR went for 2, then they will be
a) Unlucky
b) Lucky
Whatever bad team wins the NFC East will have a hella-hard schedule next year, because more of their non-division games will be against actual good teams that finished high in their division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad