OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 11: Week 1 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Brutal angle by Collins on that run probably ends any slim chance they had.

Still, impressive that these guys won’t quit.
That was always the objective. To be competitive. They dug themselves a hole and tried to fight out of it. Can't really be too mad about this.

Expectations were kind of low and this is a massive rebuild project. Beating Philly was good but this was a harsh reality check. Go back to work and prepare against Cleveland (who seems to look pretty dangerous with Baker, and Hunt. Defense seems suspect)

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Like the effort at the end. Not so happy with the decision at both before the half and before the end to not even keep trying. But still, at least this team does have fight.

Reactions: ynotcaps

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The effort is light years away from what they "showed" under Gruden. Rivera and DelRio are already making a difference in the attitude. As they draft more talent, the results will come.
Man am I just a downer or what but I wish I looked at it in this perspective.

Sep 19, 2008
The effort is light years away from what they "showed" under Gruden. Rivera and DelRio are already making a difference in the attitude. As they draft more talent, the results will come.
Yes. I would have liked them not to fall behind 20-0 and they looked unprepared at times for Kyler but Kyler is sensational and really coming into his own right now. I'm not too mad about this loss.

Gruden also was criticized for not having his teams prepared enough. This team is practicing hard and competing hard. Just went up against a better team. Chipped away a little to get back into it but it was just too big of a hole.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Man am I just a downer or what but I wish I looked at it in this perspective.
Honestly, it's sad. They beat the caring out of me years ago. Now I look at it more analytically than fanatically. I'd like to think that at some point (Snyder sells) I'll root for them because I can't help myself rather than because I've decided to.

Reactions: max21

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Yes. I would have liked them not to fall behind 20-0 and they looked unprepared at times for Kyler but Kyler is sensational and really coming into his own right now. I'm not too mad about this loss.

Gruden also was criticized for not having his teams prepared enough. This team is practicing hard and competing hard. Just went up against a better team. Chipped away a little to get back into it but it was just too big of a hole.
Yeah. It's hard when you just don't have enough talent to make every game a contest. But this is the first time in YEARS it feels like there are people who have the smarts and the constitution to do wjat it takes to turn this back into a professional organization.

Reactions: tenken00

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Like the effort at the end. Not so happy with the decision at both before the half and before the end to not even keep trying. But still, at least this team does have fight.

Arizona coasted, otherwise this was easily 40+.

And it's primarily the fault of the offense for not sustaining drives.

Arizona is good, but they were helped.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Arizona coasted, otherwise this was easily 40+.

And it's primarily the fault of the offense for not sustaining drives.

Arizona is good, but they were helped.

True, but they still fought back when they haven't in past recent years.

And fight is good. You can build off fight.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This:

Hask very well may not be the answer at QB but he deserves a chance to prove himself and RR will give him that chance.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Give Haskins the whole year and feel free to grade him on a curve for having poor talent around him.

But if he stinks, he stinks.

Reactions: Corby78

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
This:

Hask very well may not be the answer at QB but he deserves a chance to prove himself and RR will give him that chance.

His failings are not scheme-related. They're talent-related. Seems like a good kid, but God-willing they'll still be in a position to draft Justin Fields or Trey Lance because no one is supplanting Carolina for Trevor Lawrence.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Unless Carolina loses CMC, no chance they draft number one. They looked good offensively against Vegas last week and Roule is a really good coach. What will be interesting is if the Giants draft first, and if Barkley actually has a torn ACL it’s not far fetched. That said, I think the Jets are the clear favorite to win the top pick. Gase is a horrible coach and they look like they’ve already given up on the season.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don't know how Adam Gase, Matt Patricia and Dan Quinn are still employed as head coaches. Gase and Patricia's records are atrocious and Quinn would have been fired last season if it wasn't for the Falcons players. Jim Caldwell went 9-7 in Detroit the season he was fired and Patricia has since only won 9 games. Yikes

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don't know how Adam Gase, Matt Patricia and Dan Quinn are still employed as head coaches. Gase and Patricia's records are atrocious and Quinn would have been fired last season if it wasn't for the Falcons players. Jim Caldwell went 9-7 in Detroit the season he was fired and Patricia has since only won 9 games. Yikes

It's a joke that they have jobs. Gase is especially embarrassing given Tannehill's development in Tennessee. Patricia and Quinn are supposed to be defensive masterminds and they've overseen some of the worst defenses in football during their time manning the sidelines. And none of them have the excuse of breaking in new QBs or missing a bunch of time in the offseason like other teams and coaches do.

Other thoughts from this weekend:
- I would be beside myself if I was a Texans fan. Watson is a gem but they have to watch O'Brien gut that team from the inside out. Cannot believe they traded Hopkins for David Johnson's corpse and a 2nd draft pick.
- Russell Wilson is so good, and everyone was wrong about DK Metcalf when they said he was only a workout warrior.
- Dumb move by the Panthers not to take a free call option on Cam this year.
- Not a good day for our buddy Kirk: 11/26, 113 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 1 safety against, 15.9 passer rating. Two safeties and 4 INTs in two games for Cousins and the Vikings are 0-2 with Tennessee, Houston, and Seattle coming up next.
- NFC West is easily the best conference in the NFL but SF might finish last after all of those injuries yesterday. Anyone think any NFC East team is better than a single NFC West team?
- Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense look unstoppable. Love that we have Ron but it hurts to see guys like LaFleur and McVay continue to tear it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad