Post-Game Talk: Washington disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Vigneault blows. He hasn’t been good in years. Rode Lundqvist and Luongo and even a young and elite Cory Schneider. You need a great roster and an elite tender is a must to be successful with him. Crawford hasn’t been an effective HC in at least 15 years. He won a single playoff series since leaving the filthy rich Colorado team. He should never be an option, anywhere.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't even know if that's that don't try hard as much as they play stupid. There have definitely been no shows, I'm not denying that. But they just make dumb decisions too often. Turnovers, not covering backdoor plays, terrible gap coverage, bad penalties, etc. So much of it is self inflicted damage. Even when they play well it's like 2-3 idiotic plays completely sink them. They can give up like half a dozen high danger chances, but half of them are odd man rushes that are played poorly, or breakaways that end up in the back of the net.

Reactions: JK3

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I think we should consider Peter DeBoer after SJS sacks him next week. We have a younger, more talented roster than his previous stint here. And we don’t have Pete Harrold here for him to get giddy with and overuse. PDB gets tread out of his teams and they play for him, always. They don’t play for Hynes. What say you, HF-NJD populace?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think we should consider Peter DeBoer after SJS sacks him next week. We have a younger, more talented roster than his previous stint here. And we don’t have Pete Harrold here for him to get giddy with and overuse. PDB gets tread out of his teams and they play for him, always. They don’t play for Hynes. What say you, HF-NJD populace?
How about let's not and say we did?

Good one!

I know this is a joke.

I'll take Dave Barr back from the Sharks though. They don't need him, as much as they just need Steve Spott to go away and become forever lost in the OHL.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Our defense is garbage, aside from Vats and Seves there’s not 1 actual NHL player on the roster

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Hynes hasn’t lost the vets it’s hard to see Shero making a change. Even with the ongoing struggles. Unless Shero sees a can’t miss replacement why downgrade at coach or make a lateral move?
I'm afraid he'll just bring in someone like AV, Yeo, Therrien, McLellan. I need to shower after thinking of some of these names. Who's another Willie Desjardins out there, that's been sitting home for a while? Ugh f***in Kevin Dineen! He was sacked with Quenneville a few weeks back in Chicago. He's been their assistant for years, almost as long as he's been gone from the Panthers head coaching position.

What if he's still friends with Therrien? Another dinosaur coach. ''Hey Michel! No hard feelings over that time I fired you about 10 years back! I'm wondering if you'd like to come back to the NHL? I'm about to fire a head coach that I hired for the first time ever! I want the only head coach I've ever fired to be the replacement? What do you think?''.

Thank god frickin Disco Dan is already an assistant for another team, so we're not allowed to hire him.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our defense is garbage, aside from Vats and Seves there’s not 1 actual NHL player on the roster
This is hyperbole.

Butcher isn't at least a bottom pairing defender? Mueller isn't at least a bottom pairing defender? Lovejoy and Greene, uhhh, no comment hahahaha.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I know we NEED one.

The problem is do we have one? Will Shero hire a good one? There's a few really bad coaches out there available right now, including Yeo, Therrien stupid ass Tippett, who hasn't been effective since 2010 and McLellan (EEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF NOOOOOOOOOOOOO). Is the Crawfordsaurus Rex available right now? Or is he still an assistant with Ottawa? I remember people gushing over him a couple years ago and quite a few fanbases always brought him up as the solution to their head coaching position.

There's also the older, hairier, tanner and French version of Hynes, who may still even be living in NYC. Not only does he suck, we don't have the goaltending for all the shots we're gonna face with him in his system. It will be worse than Hynes and odd man rushes against galore. Cory might sustain a 4:00 GAA over 30-40 games if he was our coach, even if his save percentage starts coming up towards something halfway respectable, with how many shots he'll be facing on a nightly basis. And before you say ''Well, why would Cory play 30-40 games?'' because AV is still stuck in the past and in the past world that he still resides in, Cory is this young, hotshot, goalie who has the greatest save percentage in the history of hockey, that's outplayed his HOF overstudy and stole the net from him. Meanwhile, in the current real world, he's been ousted from the starting position by a career backup and he wouldn't even realize that he'd be taking over for a guy that's similar. Bratt would probably be a regular healthy scratch like Buchnevich was under him, and he'd be playing guys like Santini more, who fit his dinosaur approach. Greene would probably play 25 minutes a night until he keels over.

I'm starting to creep myself out with this. I'll be able to hear @Machinehead celebrating from all the way down here if that happens.:laugh::laugh::help::help:
I'm in dangerous territory so I'm staying zipped on that, except to say that describing AV as "tanner" was intentionally brilliant :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm in dangerous territory so I'm staying zipped on that, except to say that describing AV as "tanner" was intentionally brilliant :laugh:
It wasn't a reference to Tanner Glass hahahahahaha.

I mean, he definitely has more of a tan to him, compared to Hynes who's pale ASF hahahaha.

Reactions: Machinehead

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Butcher is very bad, I want him gone
Also hyperbole.

He's perfectly fine as a bottom pairing guy.

If our PP wasn't so inept, people here would be praising him and calling to extend him right now, before his next contract costs too much.

Some people here are letting this losing undervalue half the guys on the roster and take shots at everybody. I mean another week of this and we'll be seeing people want Hall gone and not because they're afraid he won't re-sign, but because he ''Won't be worth his next contract''. Don't get me wrong, some guys really deserve it. Butcher should be criticized, but you do realize that if he's gone like you want, that means we're gonna see more Yakovlev, *in my Joe Pesci from My Cousin Vinny impersonation* who I knoooowwwww most of you here hate. Or we're gonna see Santini, who some of you overrate, but is not as good as Butcher. So maybe you want Yakovlev or Santini in the lineup, but neither are as good as Butcher.

At the very least, Butcher is a competent body to fill in on the bottom pairing. Santini was competent on the bottom pairing, but really fills no other role, other than PK'ing, which we have enough of right now, our PK was 4th in the league coming into tonight, and that's with a below average team save percentage. I think once the PP starts scoring again (which might have to be on accident becuz Kowalsky tho), Butcher is gonna get some more points on it. So he fills a need.

Eliminating him from the roster (which saying ''I want him gone'' tells me you want him gone, even by means of not replacing him with somebody better via trade) really does us no good, as there's nobody sitting on their ass or in the A that's better, who would be an upgrade right now.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Also hyperbole.

He's perfectly fine as a bottom pairing guy.

If our PP wasn't so inept, people here would be praising him and calling to extend him right now, before his next contract costs too much.

Some people here are letting this losing undervalue half the guys on the roster and take shots at everybody. I mean another week of this and we'll be seeing people want Hall gone and not because they're afraid he won't re-sign, but because he ''Won't be worth his next contract''. Don't get me wrong, some guys really deserve it. Butcher should be criticized, but you do realize that if he's gone like you want, that means we're gonna see more Yakovlev, *in my Joe Pesci from My Cousin Vinny impersonation* who I knoooowwwww most of you here hate. Or we're gonna see Santini, who some of you overrate, but is not as good as Butcher. So maybe you want Yakovlev or Santini in the lineup, but neither are as good as Butcher.

At the very least, Butcher is a competent body to fill in on the bottom pairing. Santini was competent on the bottom pairing, but really fills no other role, other than PK'ing, which we have enough of right now, our PK was 4th in the league coming into tonight, and that's with a below average team save percentage. I think once the PP starts scoring again (which might have to be on accident becuz Kowalsky tho), Butcher is gonna get some more points on it. So he fills a need.

Eliminating him from the roster (which saying ''I want him gone'' tells me you want him gone, even by means of not replacing him with somebody better via trade) really does us no good, as there's nobody sitting on their ass or in the A that's better, who would be an upgrade right now.
No no, Ive thought Butcher has been the worst skater on the team since last year (minus when Maroon was here). Shero makes sure to have 5/6 offensively strong dmen ona team and so theres no need for Butcher - id rather get value for him while it still exists

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No no, Ive thought Butcher has been the worst skater on the team since last year (minus when Maroon was here). Shero makes sure to have 5/6 offensively strong dmen ona team and so theres no need for Butcher - id rather get value for him while it still exists
We don't have 5/6 offensively strong D-men on this team though.

Vatanen? That's one.
Mueller? Haven't looked at his point totals this year, but traditionally he doesn't score.
Severson? Scoring a lot this year, probably overachieving offensively a bit, but we can assume him.
Greene? I haven't really looked at what he has for points this year, but he's not good at offense anymore. 20 points would be a lot for him these days.
Lovejoy? Don't even need to say more about him.
Santini? Yeah, another guy that'd be lucky to go above the 20 point mark in a season.
Yakovlev? I guess we can call him an offensive guy, but we don't know how much of one he is because he hasn't been in the league for more than a handful of games yet.

At best it's gonna be Vatanen, Severson, Butcher and Yakovlev as far as offensively strong D-men go and I don't all 4 being in the same game very much.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Anyone think we see changes if we get blown out tomorrow? Or are we going to have to keep suffering through this nonsense. Was watching this one with my brother (isles fan) and he saw the camera cut to Hynes just staring straight down and goes “yup, that’s just the look of defeat”

There’s no justifiable reason for him to be here anymore. The team is dead

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
View attachment 160171
''You want me to say something? I'll say something. It's really simple. Play. ****ing. Harder.''

Amanda Stein‏Verified account @amandacstein Dec 1
More
Kurtis Gabriel has been recalled from @BingDevils and will play tonight with the #NJDevils

More
#NJDevils John Hynes hopes that Kurtis Gabriel can come in, provide some grit, tenacity, sandpaper and some toughness and “steal someone’s job”. Internal competition is what it’s all about. ''We need to be harder on pucks, win 50/50 battles. Better puck management, guys who are willing to sacrifice for each other''

More
#NJDevils versus Winnipeg: Schneider is your starter tonight. Kurtis Gabriel and Drew Stafford draw into the lineup, Jesper Bratt and Michael McLeod come out. Steve Santini comes in, Mueller comes out.

Lol well now I won't really bother trying to make time to watch the game tomorrow.

This staff is f***ing horrible. Utterly f***ing horrible. Just pure shit. Shit on top of shit on top of shit on top of shit.

This is a desperate coaching staff flinging shit at the wall.

Reactions: Bleedred

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I don't even know if that's that don't try hard as much as they play stupid. There have definitely been no shows, I'm not denying that. But they just make dumb decisions too often. Turnovers, not covering backdoor plays, terrible gap coverage, bad penalties, etc. So much of it is self inflicted damage. Even when they play well it's like 2-3 idiotic plays completely sink them. They can give up like half a dozen high danger chances, but half of them are odd man rushes that are played poorly, or breakaways that end up in the back of the net.

They play 'stupid' because they're badly coached, that's really all there is to it in my opinion. Our entire coaching staff is abysmal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol well now I won't really bother trying to make time to watch the game tomorrow.

This staff is ****ing horrible. Utterly ****ing horrible. Just pure ****. **** on top of **** on top of **** on top of ****.

This is a desperate coaching staff flinging **** at the wall.
Please don't tell me I legit trolled you with this?

This was actually supposed to be a satire of what's to come tomorrow, I totally was not trying to fool anybody into thinking this was already real.:laugh:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Please don't tell me I legit trolled you with this?

This was actually supposed to be a satire of what's to come tomorrow, I totally was not trying to fool anybody into thinking this was already real.:laugh:

I wouldn't doubt this staff would do this shit haha.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't doubt this staff would do this **** haha.
I was actually trying to see if I could embed the tweet with my own stuff in it, just to make it more legit and more real, but I wasn't able to do that, that was the closest I could come to doing it.:laugh:

It was supposed to be Shero making another ''Play f***ing harder'' statement, then the aftermath, with calls ups to Gabriel and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot