Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Funny... hmm not funny.
Another little point to add to the conspiracy/rigged league list lol :sarcasm:

On the nhl app
Games 6 or 7 in the 3 other series = tbd
And only the Caps pens series, we already know the game 7 time start (even if it has a chance to not go to 7) so it should be tbd too.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Funny... hmm not funny.
Another little point to add to the conspiracy/rigged league list lol :sarcasm:

On the nhl app
Games 6 or 7 in the 3 other series = tbd
And only the Caps pens series, we already know the game 7 time start (even if it has a chance to not go to 7) so it should be tbd too.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
You shouldn't have to look at charts and stats. Watch the games and its clear as day.

Exactly. It's why I say "dumb" penalties don't always matter. They will still find petty things to call on us vs Pitt, even after we commit some dumb ones.

Has there been a more consistent playoff matchup between 2 teams and the PP discrepancies be so far spread? It's not like we are some crap team every year, taking dumb penalties and losing games from it all year. We are almost always in first place. Something smells.

They are going to call things on us no matter what we do, so we might as well start taking liberties with our furry little flightless friends aka getting our money's worth.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I never said they wouldn't make the playoffs. Pretty much everyone else here did. I always expected them to be in the playoffs. I have never seen such a Debbie downer fanfase before. You guys cry about Trotz not making adjustments. But he has made the adjustments and they have worked but you guys still complain. You guys aren't happy unless you are whining about something. Other fan bases are a bunch of homers. We are the exact opposite.
BTW this has nothing to do with Trotz. This has to do with the fact that the Caps don't have the greatest fans. I had no clue Caps fans were like this until I joined this site.

I’m sure I’m not the first guy to comment on this, so I will be concise.

Don’t judge another person until you have walked in their shoes. Most (certainly many) on this board have followed this team for decades. Like 4 of them.

The constant losing takes its toll. No other way to state it. If you don’t understand that, I really don’t effing care. At all.

That’s as nicely as I will put it.

Edit —I was the first guy. Heh.

Last edited:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I grew up a Chicago Cubs fan (WGN superstation!) so this comes natural to me...

Maybe I should seek help....

Reactions: RandyHolt

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Caps have great fans and the team supplied them with a two lifetimes of heartbreak in about half a life’s worth of games played. The fans have every reason/right to be a bit shellshocked/neurotic. Much like an ill-treated stepchild might get a little uneasy around, let’s say, a butter paddle.

In other news, has anyone noticed that the team wide catchphrase this playoffs has been “focus”? It’s as if they swapped out the term “work” for “focus”, and as small of a detail as that is, I genuinely think it’s paying dividends. Listen to any player talk postgame in any game so far and you’ll certainly pick up on it. It’s crazy how a message from the coaches becomes a mantra coming out of the players’ mouths. What a difference a year, and a word, makes...

...maybe.

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I’m sure I’m not the first guy to comment on this, so I will be concise.

Don’t judge another person until you have walked in their shoes. Most (certainly many) on this board have followed this team for decades. Like 4 of them.

The constant losing takes its toll. No other way to state it. If you don’t understand that, I really don’t effing care. At all.

That’s as nicely as I will put it.

Edit —I was the first guy. Heh.
I have followed this team since day 1. The reason In started following the Caps was because with their first draft pick in franchise history they drafted Greg Joly who was a member of the memorial cup champion Regina Pats which happens to be my hometown. He was my favorite player on our team. That was in 1974, before they ever played an NHL game. So I doubt anyone has been a fan longer than me. I bet most here have never even heard if Greg Joly. I'm sure some of you will now google it to see if this is fiction or not

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I vaguely remember Greg Joly. So that's kinda confirmation. My vague memory is that it was a promising pick that did not really pan out as hoped. Will consult hockeydb
Anyway, now I hear Pierre saying Regi-nah Saskatchewan - which I would like to expel from my brain

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I started watching this team in 86 and I know who Greg Joly is....I sure as hell don't need the resident know it all to preach from his tower...

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I vaguely remember Greg Joly. So that's kinda confirmation. My vague memory is that it was a promising pick that did not really pan out as hoped. Will consult hockeydb
Anyway, now I hear Pierre saying Regi-nah Saskatchewan - which I would like to expel from my brain
Unfortunately he didn't pan out. The Islanders did well that draft year. Picking Gillies in the first round( also a Regina Pat) and Trottier in the 2nd round.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A prefan lets call it. Impressive. I remember Greg Joly but it was via AM Radio... not sure of the first caps game I saw on TV but I was radio first. Did we even have games on TV in year 1 and 2? Channel 20 by chance?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
A prefan lets call it. Impressive. I remember Greg Joly but it was via AM Radio... not sure of the first caps game I saw on TV but I was radio first. Did we even have games on TV in year 1 and 2? Channel 20 by chance?
I only got to watch the Caps when they played Toronto or Montreal. Didn't get to watch them on a regular basis until the early 80s. When they finally started getting decent. I have never missed a Caps playoff game though.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I wonder if Barry has someone else working behind the scenes doing strategy development.
Whilst some of the line combos in response to injury/suspension have been iffy, in game adjustments have been decent.

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Coaches will miss on adjustments but he is being more proactive than I can ever recall. Game 5 could have gone the other way and he'd be blamed for waiting for too long to try someone else at 1RW.

In the end he has to win the series. Injuries suspensions Pitts special stats, coaching certainly isn't easy. I think adjustments can be easy if you try the logical moves first in the pre preseason. Willy getting suspended vs Pitt was almost predictable in hindsight. Why DSP.

I wonder if any RS advanced stats e.g. Ovi + Vrana = Corsigasm were used by Barry recently. Does DSP have any Corsi with Ovi that made it a no brainer? I think we do have an AS guy in the fold. Paging Twabby

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I have followed this team since day 1. The reason In started following the Caps was because with their first draft pick in franchise history they drafted Greg Joly who was a member of the memorial cup champion Regina Pats which happens to be my hometown. He was my favorite player on our team. That was in 1974, before they ever played an NHL game. So I doubt anyone has been a fan longer than me. I bet most here have never even heard if Greg Joly. I'm sure some of you will now google it to see if this is fiction or not

I know pretty much every capital that has played for them (and I have more jerseys than anyone I’ve ever met or discussed them with).

So save your sanctimonious crap for someone else.

It’s never ever ever a good look — on anyone — to attempt to play FanDom police and try and make people feel bad for their feelings on their own team.

Get over yourself. I know most of this board already has.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad