Series Discussion: Washington Capitals vs Pittsburgh Penguins

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I watched LV get outplayed most of the game and beat SJ to eliminate them. They did it with a little luck and Fluery being the better goalie. I'm hoping for a repeat of that tonight. I know pitt will play with emotion, we need to play good defense and Holtby needs to steal one.
SJS blew that game on the first goal. Horrific turn over, horrifically soft five hole goal, that was all she wrote and it was only then 1-0.

SJS truly is the Wash of the west.

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If you’ve been a fan since the start-ish, the Ovie heartbreak is even deeper because after so much heartbreak before, we thought things would finally be different...

Drive safe and have a blast tomorrow. Come what may, Let’s Go Caps!!!!!!

Expectations of finally having a Superstar has made it even tougher emotionally as a Caps fan. It’s also made losing feel magnified at least 10x.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Trotz has been excellent these playoffs. And it’s not just about results for me. He’s not getting out coached and it’s clear as day. Even if we don’t make it through I’d still tip my cap to him. Hopefully, he keeps thinking on his toes for the duration. His decesions seem a step or two quicker than in years past and it’s kept the team within striking distance every single game.

Just wanted to go on record before the outcome is determined...that will naturally skew things one way or another.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
And promptly got smoked, is that really all that better?

Does anyone really feel better about where we are because of '98?

Well, if it was 2016 (instead of 1998), then yes.

I certainly felt better in 2000 and 2001....than I do now. Granted, thats not a completely fair comparison, but there was still some bloom on the rose, back then.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Trotz has been excellent these playoffs. And it’s not just about results for me. He’s not getting out coached and it’s clear as day. Even if we don’t make it through I’d still tip my cap to him. Hopefully, he keeps thinking on his toes for the duration. His decesions seem a step or two quicker than in years past and it’s kept the team within striking distance every single game.

Just wanted to go on record before the outcome is determined...that will naturally skew things one way or another.

Hear hear!!!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Caps and under. If they win...it will need to be a defensive nut job. 3-1, 3-2, etc. Just IMO, of course (and I loathe betting the under, I almost never ever do it).

Caps tied to the Peg over. There you go!

I despise the under! And I am not sure books have caught up to the fact that teams pull their goalies earlier and more than ever before. Thanks to Patrick Roy. I would love to see us pot 3 ENGs tonight.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Caps and under. If they win...it will need to be a defensive nut job. 3-1, 3-2, etc. Just IMO, of course (and I loathe betting the under, I almost never ever do it).

Good call Rids, at least on the Caps game.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

In hindsight that was such an easy predictable under game! Good call.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
While Willy/injuries forced Barry's hands somewhat, Barry pulled the right strings. He put in Walker and he paid instant dividends. Sandbagged Vrana all year long, and he was huge including in game 6. Gave Holts some needed rest (or competition?) to recharge his batteries. Djoos debuting in game 3 was one of my favorites.

I still contend Barry had Ovi take some rushes down the right wing and that was directly responsible for 2 game winning goals. He is SO much better on line rushes at RW. One man show, sure, LW it is for him. And with the assist on the series clincher last night, Ovi scored at ES on the 3 biggest plays of the year. If Ovi is unstoppable at ES, that is how we will win a cup.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
While Willy/injuries forced Barry's hands somewhat, Barry pulled the right strings. He put in Walker and he paid instant dividends. Sandbagged Vrana all year long, and he was huge including in game 6. Gave Holts some needed rest (or competition?) to recharge his batteries. Djoos debuting in game 3 was one of my favorites.

I still contend Barry had Ovi take some rushes down the right wing and that was directly responsible for 2 game winning goals. He is SO much better on line rushes at RW. One man show, sure, LW it is for him. And with the assist on the series clincher last night, Ovi scored at ES on the 3 biggest plays of the year. If Ovi is unstoppable at ES, that is how we will win a cup.
Somewhere Adam Oates is smiling.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad