Series Discussion: Washington Capitals vs Pittsburgh Penguins

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Sounds like Backstrom will be playing - hopefully he will be mostly okay but I think we all know he isn't going to be 100 percent.
Carlson is "fine" according to Trotz.
Nothing on Burakovsky's return - at least nothing I could find.
Let's go Caps - really want them to close this out in game 6. Let's see Vrana on that top line, let's see a goal or two from Ovie. And let's see Oshie playing well (looks like he's improving as playoffs progress).
Holtby I believe in you buddy - you've been the difference maker and finally carrying your regular season awesomeness into the playoffs.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
And because I'm in Australia I can drunk post in Eastern U.S / Canada time and then have to wait until Aussie morning to actually watch the game. So for me I'll be watching the game Tuesday around 9 AM while you guys are enjoying it at night. The only consolation is that in my part of the world hockey is so far under the radar that even if I don't watch it live I will NEVER see the result so I can watch the delayed replay and it doesn't get spoiled for me.

Err. so anyway enough of the "all about me" stuff - kind of embarrassing. Let's go Caps and hoping big time for a change in history this time around...

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Which hand of Nick's blocked the shot? I would assume left.... you can play with a gummed up offside hand (top of the stick). I think.

He has to be limited in some capacity. Faceoffs should shed a lot of light on the severity early on.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Whatever happened, at minimum its going to be tender. Watch for him wincing as he shoots his PP wrister, when no one is playing him to shoot. At least that is what I would do, if I were Pitts PK coach. They are probably doing that anyways. With all that, calling a PP Goal for Nick. #VikingWarriorDNA

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't blame people for being discouraged after this team has let us down so many times. What I take exception to are the people who do NOTHING BUT talk shit, or who are only around when things are bad...especially those who have one point they think is particularly important and they keep hammering it over and over.

Most here are long time fans with various connections to the current or past teams. It's a bit egotistical to talk down to everyone else based on the assumption that there aren't plenty of dedicated, long-suffering, knowledgeable fans here.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm driving 4 and a half hours and I'll be there in person. I hope I get to dance all over that city in my red gear. They got this. Dare I say it, Barry has got this.

Hell Yeah man, represent!!!!!

Whatever happened, at minimum its going to be tender. Watch for him wincing as he shoots his PP wrister, when no one is playing him to shoot. At least that is what I would do, if I were Pitts PK coach. They are probably doing that anyways. With all that, calling a PP Goal for Nick. #VikingWarriorDNA

You are hilarious in thinking the Caps are going to get a PP in a game that could eliminate the Pittsburgh Penguins. :laugh::laugh: ;)

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Burakovsky is not traveling and is not skating so far as I know. Trotz response to a q on Burt made it seem very much like he is not that close.
Wasn't there a video of him skating recently?

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Burakovsky is not traveling and is not skating so far as I know. Trotz response to a q on Burt made it seem very much like he is not that close.

I find the disparity between the NFL and NHL on injury news very amusing. In football you're required to divulge accurate injury info down to the body part. In hockey it's just upper or lower body with no further details. They said Burakovsky had some type of surgery and even the most minor surgeries usually require at least a couple weeks so I definitely don't think he's close.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Hell Yeah man, represent!!!!!

You are hilarious in thinking the Caps are going to get a PP in a game that could eliminate the Pittsburgh Penguins. :laugh::laugh: ;)
They will likely get one token PP. I expect a PP disparity somewhere in the area of 3-1 Pitt.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Regarding Backstrom I think back to Gretzky's anecdote about his first SCF appearance. The Oilers made it to the finals and were swept by the Islanders. The Islanders had long since been a dynasty so Gretzky expected to see them partying it up as he left the arena, as he walked by their locker room he saw them all quietly banged up and icing their injuries. He said his team left the arena no worse for wear but the Islanders looked destroyed. At that moment Gretzky realized what it truly required to win the Cup, the next year he and the Oilers would win the first of many.

This isn't a beauty contest, if you're leaving the building after a series and you're not banged up then you did not do enough.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I think its either win tonight, or we lose another series in a heartbreaking fashion. I don't trust this team to be able to defeat the Pens if we get to game 7. Also, I'll be out of the country for a couple of weeks starting Tuesday, so it would be nice to actually see a 2nd round series win.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I watched LV get outplayed most of the game and beat SJ to eliminate them. They did it with a little luck and Fluery being the better goalie. I'm hoping for a repeat of that tonight. I know pitt will play with emotion, we need to play good defense and Holtby needs to steal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad