• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Here is the real question:

Does one more win save Trotz his job?

There’s nothing to save, his contract expires once we’re eliminated so he’s not getting fired. As for extending Trotz, HELL NO. He should be gone, even if we (by some miracle) win the cup. He is a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE playoff coach, worse than Boudreau ever was.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Only way I would want Trotz back is if he win the whole f***ing thing. Dating back to being up 3-1 on the Rangers and choking , to struggling to beat that Flyers team in 6, letting that young Maple Leaf team take us to OT every game, and laying eggs in huge games like game 7 last year with two Pres trophy winning teams, he's proved he's incapable more than capable.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's pointless to show that stuff to Pens fans. There's always an excuse. They live in the ROOT Sports bubble that spins everything into anti-Pens conspiracies (Sid is most abused player in the league, refs never call the other team for enough penalties, Caps are trying to injure their players every year, etc) while simultaneously pumping the team's tires at every turn.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Only way I would want Trotz back is if he win the whole ****ing thing. Dating back to being up 3-1 on the Rangers and choking , to struggling to beat that Flyers team in 6, letting that young Maple Leaf team take us to OT every game, and laying eggs in huge games like game 7 last year with two Pres trophy winning teams, he's proved he's incapable more than capable.
You are very unrealistic. Do you think it is easy to win the cup. All playoffs teams are good team, fairly evenly matched. Teams are more evenly matched in the playoffs because if the way games are officiated in the playoffs.
Trotz should be given a lot if credit this season. The Caps have gone through a lot of adversity this season. Losing several regulars last preseason. Cap issues didnt allow us to add any decent FAs. So we had to go with rookies and some new faces that were nothing more than 4th liners. We also had some injury issues (Burakovsky, Oshuie, Niskanen). We also had guys struggle for long stretches this season.
Movie and Carlson had strong seasons. Kuzy was good offensively but seemed to regress in his own end. Backstrom struggled the first half of the season. Oshie had an off year maybe due to injuries. Burakovsky still hasn't become the player he was expected to be. Injuries played a part in that too. Niskanen and Orlov were a bit streaky this year. And Holtby could stop a beachball the last couple months if season. After all that the Caps still placed first in the metro and are with a game of advancing to the 3rd.
No line expected them to win the division or win a playoff round. A lot of people didn't think we would even make the playoffs. But here we are and everyone is blaming Trotz. Blaming him for what exactly? Overachieving with this team?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
You are very unrealistic. Do you think it is easy to win the cup. All playoffs teams are good team, fairly evenly matched. Teams are more evenly matched in the playoffs because if the way games are officiated in the playoffs.
Trotz should be given a lot if credit this season. The Caps have gone through a lot of adversity this season. Losing several regulars last preseason. Cap issues didnt allow us to add any decent FAs. So we had to go with rookies and some new faces that were nothing more than 4th liners. We also had some injury issues (Burakovsky, Oshuie, Niskanen). We also had guys struggle for long stretches this season.
Movie and Carlson had strong seasons. Kuzy was good offensively but seemed to regress in his own end. Backstrom struggled the first half of the season. Oshie had an off year maybe due to injuries. Burakovsky still hasn't become the player he was expected to be. Injuries played a part in that too. Niskanen and Orlov were a bit streaky this year. And Holtby could stop a beachball the last couple months if season. After all that the Caps still placed first in the metro and are with a game of advancing to the 3rd.
No line expected them to win the division or win a playoff round. A lot of people didn't think we would even make the playoffs. But here we are and everyone is blaming Trotz. Blaming him for what exactly? Overachieving with this team?

I get so tired of trotz apologists saying we weren't supposed to make the playoffs this year....any team with ovehkin, backstrom, kuzy, oshie Carlson, niskanen and orlov with a vezina winning goalie behind them has no excuse not to make the playoffs. I don't care what plugs you stick in the other slots.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I get so tired of trotz apologists saying we weren't supposed to make the playoffs this year....any team with ovehkin, backstrom, kuzy, oshie Carlson, niskanen and orlov with a vezina winning goalie behind them has no excuse not to make the playoffs. I don't care what plugs you stick in the other slots.

then why did 3/4 of this board say no playoffs will happen?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

What will be the next argument if we finally defeat the Pens and move on to the ECF?

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Last week or two of the season, my tv showed me Caps games with John Forslund doing the play. 3 national and 1 canes game. In each broadcast he talked about how many in the sport thought the Caps might miss the playoffs. Its not a Trotz apologist thing.

Personally, I picked the Caps to win the division and didn't get a lot of support. A Trotz strong suit is his ability to keep his players focused after the playoff failures. His weak suit is success in the playoffs.

If the Cap won the Cup and you still wanted him out as coach, I would say you have lost your mind.

As I have said before, I think Trotz retires regardless of how it ends up this season. I suppose I could see a scenario where they lose in the finals and Ov badly wants him to return. Seems pretty obvious to me that the players love him.

edit: When I thought they would win the division, I didn't think it would have been with Holtby playing awful all season, with Backstrom and Kuzy erratic, with Oshie injured and not producing and with Burakovsky failin to establish himself as a legit 20 goal player. Trotz got them there anyway.

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA

No NHL (and probably AHL) head coach would ever play DSP or Chiasson on the first line in a crucial playoff game. That is literally f***ING INSANE, Trotz is the worst coach in the league and it’s not even close.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I never said they wouldn't make the playoffs. Pretty much everyone else here did. I always expected them to be in the playoffs. I have never seen such a Debbie downer fanfase before. You guys cry about Trotz not making adjustments. But he has made the adjustments and they have worked but you guys still complain. You guys aren't happy unless you are whining about something. Other fan bases are a bunch of homers. We are the exact opposite.
BTW this has nothing to do with Trotz. This has to do with the fact that the Caps don't have the greatest fans. I had no clue Caps fans were like this until I joined this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad