Confirmed with Link: Washington Capitals Hire Peter Laviolette to be 19th Head Coach in Franchise History

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think I didnt write that well. Ov is the only legit GOAT of this gen. Maybe Broduer. Crosby doesnt qual. Someone might make a case for Lidstrom....maybe. Am I missing anyone?
I don't think being an all-time great means they had to be the singular best at any one thing. Crosby is clearly one of the very best to ever play. I mean, is Messier an all-time great? I'd say yes, but I doubt you could call him the best at any single thing. Yes Brodeur, and Lidstrom, probably.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
By major retooling, I'm talking quantity of moves. They need a good 4-6 players to fit into their bottom 6 and D-pairings.

That would be good... there's too many meh players making more than they deserve (Panik, Hagelin, Hathaway, Kempny and Jensen)

As of now Eller is the only depth player that exceeds his role.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I've seen some people voicing that Lavi is gonna "Fiala" Vrana, but I think he's more likely to do that to someone like McMichael coming up then anyone. I think Vrana is firmly entrenched as a blue chipper on this team now.

I'm really curious how he'll handle Eller on the 3rd line, how he envisions that line functioning, and how he'll handle AA and Fehervary coming up. I really think one of those two panning out big is pivotal to our future teams.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think Dowd, Panik, Kovalchuk, Gudas, Dillon, Jensen need to be replaced. Vrana is definitely amongst dark horse candidates to get that honor as is Kempny. Holtby is practically gone...so yeah quite a few

Kovalchuck and Gudas were always short timers. Dillon i suspect wont be kept. They will use that cap space for a more two way defenseman. I see almost no chance that Kempny stays. Jenses was a good $2.5m defenseman that last half of the season and their best penalty killer on a good pk program. Panik? I dont see him traded unless he asks for it. If the Caps bring in a 3rd line wing, he might well ask for that

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I've seen some people voicing that Lavi is gonna "Fiala" Vrana, but I think he's more likely to do that to someone like McMichael coming up then anyone. I think Vrana is firmly entrenched as a blue chipper on this team now.

I'm really curious how he'll handle Eller on the 3rd line, how he envisions that line functioning, and how he'll handle AA and Fehervary coming up. I really think one of those two panning out big is pivotal to our future teams.

You think AA is on the team next season?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Finally got a chance to listen to Lavi's presser. Sounds like the staff stays, at least for now. Don't love that, but maybe BMAC is just giving him the opportunity to evaluate everyone before decisions are made.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Finally got a chance to listen to Lavi's presser. Sounds like the staff stays, at least for now. Don't love that, but maybe BMAC is just giving him the opportunity to evaluate everyone before decisions are made.
he said he has some homework to do . I don’t see the point of keeping TRs staff. Barry took the cup winning staff with him

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
I really just want Forsythe gone. With the talent we have on the roster, there's no excuse to be 17th and 12th overall in PP% the last two seasons. The powerplay is expected to be top-5 and it hasn't been top-5 since 2016-17.

The powerplay zone entries and the time it takes to set up have been brutal. Way too stubborn with the slingshot usage. Also too stationary, not enough movement when they're set up in the zone.

Seems like the PP was more successful when they had like a 1-3-1 in the zone and Ovi plays further down the left wall and Carlson/Green were alone at the middle of the point, rather than having both Carlson and Ovi at the point. They seemed to move themselves and the puck around a lot more with that setup.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Vrana a blue Chipper?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Seems like the PP was more successful when they had like a 1-3-1 in the zone and Ovi plays further down the left wall and Carlson/Green were alone at the middle of the point.

I am sorry but 1 3 1 is what they do. Ov's office is the left wing circle in a 1 3 1 formation. Carlso does move to his right to both open a passing lane and to try and pull the pk away from Ovechkin but look at the pp in this season's Ov goals. 1 3 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad