Confirmed with Link: Washington Capitals Hire Peter Laviolette to be 19th Head Coach in Franchise History

Sep 19, 2008
Great hire. He can push buttons.

He took Nashville and Philly to the Cup Finals. He won a cup with Carolina.

He did get fired from Nashville, but the window is short. The contract terms make me happy. I was a bit scared we wouldn't open up the bank for him so let's see what the financial terms were, but contract wise 3 years is ideal (reirden got 2 years before he was canned)

This is a quick project anyway. This team's window is closing quickly. Therefore someone like him who can come in and put a plan in place with a short time window is ideal.

Jun 15, 2007
I really really hope they didn't pick Lavi because he was the only one willing to accept a 3 year contract.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
And now the question becomes; does Lavi kill our offense or do they rebound?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

I really really hope they didn't pick Lavi because he was the only one willing to accept a 3 year contract.
I'm sure Gallant would have. Babcock may not have but negotiating with Toronto on those three remaining seasons could have complicated matters.

Laviolette's demeanor always seemed like it lined up best with what MacLellan envisioned them needing. I assume Kevin McCarthy will again join him as an assistant.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
giphy.gif

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

I think 3 years was a hard push to all the coaching candidates. That's our window, no way around it. Probably going in a different direction after that.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Gallant was my first choice but Laviolette was a very close second. Really looking forward to seeing what he can do with this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad