Confirmed with Link: Washington Capitals Hire Peter Laviolette to be 19th Head Coach in Franchise History

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Since you're talking about Rierden, who oversaw the PP when it was clicking? There where a couple seasons where it looked like something out of a video game, only to falter near the end.

I know that Blaine Forsythe was working with the PP all the way back in 2013. Yes, he predates even Trotz' time (Forsythe has been with the team in some capacity for 15 years now... ). I think its been noted recently that Reirden was working on the PP as well during his time as an assistant coach here, and they probably did work on it together. But yeah, Forsythe was known as the guy for awhile now.

Reactions: BHD

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Pretty sure that was Forsythe. The long and short of the Caps pp is how committed the oppo is to taking Ovechkin away and how the other 4 guys respond. Its basically always been the same pp game

the first question Lavi needs to ask is “who had the idea for using the slingshot, and dealt with entries during practice?” Then he should immediately fire that individual. Once they were set up it wasn’t that bad, but they couldn’t get to that state far too often.

Reactions: searle

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I'm sure the noise Friedman was referring to was in reference to Twitter replies under RMNB's blog posts, not the entire Toronto media machine. :eyeroll:

Sad to see what RMNB has become. Used to be such a fun site to go to and they really filled a need in terms of covering different aspects of the team, it’s players, and the community. Now, most of it is unreadable and their social media presence is cringe-worthy.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sad to see what RMNB has become. Used to be such a fun site to go to and they really filled a need in terms of covering different aspects of the team, it’s players, and the community. Now, most of it is unreadable and their social media presence is cringe-worthy.

Well...that came from 31 thoughts

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Overheard at a John Tortorella press conference: "Boy, that Peter Laviolette, what a hothead! Lock that guy up!"

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Always been a fan of this man so I'm exited to see how the team looks with more fire!

I also think Todd will be a great head coach in the future but now's not the time to experiment on the Caps. He was too nice and laid back, if he were coaching kids it would work great. But pros need a swift kick in the ass when they get lazy and he gave no kicks. I still really like him though and wish him well.

Sep 19, 2008
Word is from Tarik and his latest Athletic piece that Kevin McCarthy isn't interested in a full time role and that he may not follow Laviolette to Washington. He's a good assistant coach so that's a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully Laviolette will be able to find other talented assistants

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If Lavi is ok with a former Caps HC waiting in the wings as an assistant I'll be shocked.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I don’t get the BB love. He was kind of a buffoon with a great team...
Compare that same team under Hanlon to the version under Boudreau.

Not to mention the .635 career pt% (3rd all time among coaches with 500+ games coached) and the 8 division titles in 13 seasons.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thinking out loud here. It was reported that Bruce moved back to Hershey. Maybe they hire him as some kind of consultant or development coach in the meantime while he waits for a HC opening. Or if Carbery somehow joins Lavi’s staff, maybe Bruce takes the Hershey job for a year since it would be tough to find a quick replacement at this point in the game

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Thinking out loud here. It was reported that Bruce moved back to Hershey. Maybe they hire him as some kind of consultant or development coach in the meantime while he waits for a HC opening. Or if Carbery somehow joins Lavi’s staff, maybe Bruce takes the Hershey job for a year since it would be tough to find a quick replacement at this point in the game
You're more confident that Hershey will be playing in 2021 than I am.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad