Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Those on their high horses about Reirden on Saturday, here’s your answer.

Yeah 90 points in the standing. Fire him

hes not perfect but the oh so perfect Trotz is currently sitting one point back from 9th in the standings

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

hes not perfect but the oh so perfect Trotz is currently 9th in the standings

We could hire a monkey and put him behind the bench and this team will still be at the top of the standings because of pure talent (i'm pretty sure thats what we did). Just compare the kind of players we have with any other team, we are above all of them talent wise, there isn't a team that's more talented than the Caps in terms of pure player talent.

Trotz's team has literally a fraction of the talent we have, so that's not really a valid comparison. I would put them in the bottom half of the league talent wise, yet they're consistently in the top 10. Not too shabby for a team full of no name players.

This team still plays like their coach, lifeless and clueless. Even if by some miracle they win the majority of their games this year, they will get utterly outcoached and outplayed in the first round yet again. It's a shame because two darn good coaches are available and our management didn't have the guts to go get them. There's a reason why teams like the Pens win multiple cups and we dont... they make changes when they need to. we on the other hand don't... We had a good coach and instead of paying him what he's worth, we let him go for no reason other than to be cheap.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps lose to a keeper who hasn't seen the ice for his team's previous 18 games? Brilliant!
Yah but he did make a couple stellar stops. The kicksave when Ovie tried to stuff a rebound, and then sliding across to deny Kovy after the sweet, sweet dish by Kuz. Plus he is like 8 feet tall. Takes up a lotta damn net in SO

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Tampa lost to Detroit in a shootout after beating Boston. It happens. Just gotta take this point and hope they show a better effort next game.
If it were a one time thing I would completely agree. Any one loss in a 82 game schedule is not a big deal. The problem is that they lost because of all the same bad habits. It isn't who they lost to but more how they played. We are a .500 team for the last half of the season.

Reactions: McVechkin

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Tampa lost to Detroit in a shootout after beating Boston. It happens. Just gotta take this point and hope they show a better effort next game.

except it happens all too often with this team. While Tampa had a slow start, they are playing relatively consistent over the last 3/4 of season. Not a comparative at all

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Panik is 1 for 7 and they pick him?
This. I’d have picked Eller first or Carly or even a gamer type, like Dowd (who feels like a workman guy who might rise to occasion). Then again, i know what they were thinking with Panik. He does have hands and a bag of tricks. You see them every once in a blue moon during a game. Like the time he dropped it back to his skate and then kicked it back ahead to stick as he crossed the crease in tight.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
except it happens all to often with this team. While Tampa had a slow start, they are playing relatively consistent over the last 3/4 of season. Not a comparative at all

The Bolts have lost 6 of their last 9 which includes a 4-game losing streak. Should we talk about that or just let it slide so we can continue painting false narratives?

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
I believe I had plenty of positive posts tonight thank you very much. :popcorn:

giphy.gif

Positively negative doesn't count. lol

hes not perfect but the oh so perfect Trotz is currently sitting one point back from 9th in the standings

Do you think the Isles have anywhere as much talent on their roster? I don't. The 90 points is more of a function of a great first half. The last 6? weeks have been horrendous and the coach can't or won't fix the problems.

Not going to hold my breath on that one.

Reactions: DanTHEMan71

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
The Bolts have lost 6 of their last 9 which includes a 4-game losing streak. Should we talk about that or just let it slide so we can continue painting false narratives?

since when is 6 of 9 as bad as 500 hockey over 30 games? I was fine to give caps the benefit of the doubt back in January.. but this is in another universe compared to a bad last 10 games

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Maybe they won’t come out slow against Detroit now that they saw what happens when you come out like that vs a bad team - I hope so
Do you really believe the Caps go into a game saying “eh. I’m going to relax”?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Really loving where Kovy goes in the O-zone. Right in the guts.
Ovi went straight to the bench after that close scoring chance and Hagelin jumped on... was weird.
Yes, i worried about that. Do we think he got hurt? Wrist? He’s not one to depart when we’re buzzing in O zone and in midst of comeback

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Ovechkin didn’t play in that OT.. that’s NHL coaching?
Do we think maybe he got hurt on that rush toward end of 3rd where he shot wide and then immediately headed for bench? I know he went in SO, but still. Then again, not playing in OT could’ve also been related to us spending 2 min on PK and having a hard time even keeping possession of puck.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Do you really believe the Caps go into a game saying “eh. I’m going to relax”?
absolutely I do. Lots of sports teams get that complacent/ play down to their competition. It makes this team hard to judge and hard to tell who to put the bulk of the blame on.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
since when is 6 of 9 as bad as 500 hockey over 30 games? I was fine to give caps the benefit of the doubt back in January.. but this is in another universe compared to a bad last 10 games
Exactly. We’ve been incredibly healthy this year, there are really no excuses. For this long a period either this is who we are talent-wise or we’re not a particularly well coached team.

Reactions: McVechkin

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Do we think maybe he got hurt on that rush toward end of 3rd where he shot wide and then immediately headed for bench? I know he went in SO, but still. Then again, not playing in OT could’ve also been related to us spending 2 min on PK and having a hard time even keeping possession of puck.

If he was hurt, fine. But if not, no excuse to not get him out early in OT when caps get possession.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Last OT game Reirden didn't play OV until the 4th shift. I think OV would have hopped on next if Orlov didn't take the penalty. Still, the way OV was buzzing he should have been the first or second line out there.

Reactions: troyerlaw

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Last OT game Reirden didn't play OV until the 4th shift. I think OV would have hopped on next if Orlov didn't take the penalty. Still, the way OV was buzzing he should have been the first or second line out there.

ya. TR doesn’t like playing him in OT. He gets maybe one shift. I get the possession game and ovie isn’t the greatest at it, but you need to create chances to get the best goal scorer in the game on the ice with that much space..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig