Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Yo yo yo heeeere we go. Month away from playoff hockey.

7pm start. 7:08 official time for puck drop.

three game stretch this week vs non playoff teams starts tonight.

Let me see if my gdt luck keeps working.

Some notes:
Caps played one of best games of year beating Buffalo 6-1 earlier in season. Tied for largest win of season to date. Caps were a different team early on though.

Alex Ovechkin trails by one goal of the nhl lead with one game currently in hand.

could be another game to boost the defense as Buffalo averages only 2.81 gpg

caps remain tied with Philadelphia in the Metro standings.

after tonight the caps begin a 3 game home streak

it’s Monday so pray caps don’t make you drink heavily tonight as it could be a awful start of your whole week.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It's a good chance to right the ship but i guess we'll see which team shows up. Should help that many of upcoming teams actually benefit more from losing than winning but if the Capitals of late show up i wouldn't expect too many points.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Caps play a lot of crappy teams this month, its gonna be hard to play hard for a lot of these games.

If they don't have the motivation to play hard just for the fact that this is the last stretch run of games right before the playoffs, then nothing will give them that.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
It is time to get it in gear.

Why?
source.gif

Reactions: Midnight Judges

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
If the Caps can't beat a team on 6 game losing streak with nothing to play for...whelp.
EVERY stretch drive of the NHL since forever has eliminated teams playing spoiler and winning games they shouldn't
BUF's got nothing to lose, are feeling loose, AHL'ers get some games with something to prove

Not saying Caps will lose tonight but there will be dozens of games thru the league down the stretch with BUF/DET/OTT/Cali teams etc. all getting W's over Playoff teams

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
EVERY stretch drive of the NHL since forever has eliminated teams playing spoiler and winning games they shouldn't
BUF's got nothing to lose, are feeling loose, AHL'ers get some games with something to prove

Not saying Caps will lose tonight but there will be dozens of games thru the league down the stretch with BUF/DET/OTT/Cali teams etc. all getting W's over Playoff teams

form matters.....if you’ve got real Cup aspirations you’re taking care of business against a team with the 6th worst record at this point in the season. I wouldn’t be pre-justifying any losses.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Static useless. Ok. How would you change things. What movement do you want to see?

No one is going to answer this even though you've asked like 5 times now.

Bottom line is, more speed on the zone entries and crisper passing is pretty much what they need. The PP is just lazy lately. Needs more energy and urgency, not structural overhauls.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No one is going to answer this even though you've asked like 5 times now.

Bottom line is, more speed on the zone entries and crisper passing is pretty much what they need. The PP is just lazy lately. Needs more energy and urgency, not structural overhauls.

I do ask. It's not a static pp. The problem that I see is that the pk is taking the shooting lanes away from Ovechkin and Carlson and denying Oshie the puck. The know the halfwall rw player isn't a threat. The only fix I see is to make that halfwall rw player a threat

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
form matters.....if you’ve got real Cup aspirations you’re taking care of business against a team with the 6th worst record at this point in the season. I wouldn’t be pre-justifying any losses.
I'm not pre-justifying any losses, it's a fact of every NHL stretch.
DET beat TBL just last night
It's going to happen to many Playoff and bubble teams who need that 2 points but an eliminated team will pull off the W

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's going to happen to many Playoff and bubble teams who need that 2 points but an eliminated team will pull off the W

Devils just beat the red hot Rangers on Friday. Yep it happens. I wish the Sabres weren't on a six game losing streak to be honest.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I do ask. It's not a static pp. The problem that I see is that the pk is taking the shooting lanes away from Ovechkin and Carlson and denying Oshie the puck. The know the halfwall rw player isn't a threat. The only fix I see is to make that halfwall rw player a threat

what I’m reading is you’re saying Ovy can’t get a good clear shot without introducing a threat on the other side. This goes back to a previous conversation.....When he’s not moving his feet and getting into the shooting positions the D do give (they can’t cover everything), he makes himself an easier cover from a defensive perspective IMO.

a threat on the opposite side would help but they still need more movement IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

great....why bring that up pregame lol? Bad mojo? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad