Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He has 4 points in 7 games playing mainly on the 3rd line, or around a 47 point pace. He's shooting 5.6% and is a career 13.7% shooter.

What exactly does he need to do in the next 3 games to please you? He's been rather good IMO.

He is on the team to score goals. I see the 3 assists(are any of them primary?). I said the one goal was light. I didn't say it
was a failure or a disaster. On the 3rd line he is the finisher. I would love to know what the likelihood is that he continues
for any period of time at a 3 assist to 1 ratio.

You think that 20 games and 2 goals would be a success?

Edit: 1 goal. 1 primary. 2 secondary. 4pts. 3pts in one game. Part of the reason he appears not to be doing a lot is that he has one big game and nothing much else.

In the next 3 games he needs a goal. I said at the 5 games mark that he needed to get 1 goal or the pressure would pick up. He got one. He is at 7 games. If he gets to 10 games without only the 1, there will be pressure on him to do more.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He has 4 points in 7 games playing mainly on the 3rd line, or around a 47 point pace. He's shooting 5.6% and is a career 13.7% shooter.

What exactly does he need to do in the next 3 games to please you? He's been rather good IMO.

score?

I do give Kovy a little of the Vig on the Panik bump in production. ;)

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Was not high on Kovy. Did not think they'd do it. I'm fine with it so far. He's not been great, but there's plainly more balance through the lineup as a result of the acquisition and that makes it worthwhile. He doesn't need to score a ton of goals himself if his arrival is causing the bottom 6 generally to contribute more, and I think it clearly has.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Can we give the guy more than 7 games before declaring that? Conno wasn't great most of his first season here. It takes time for guys to gel with new teams, new routines, new personalities, etc which is why I think big deadline acquisitions of expiring UFAs is mostly a fool's errand.
Kovalchuk's decline is declared because of a very big sample size (since his departure from NJ to KHL).

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
His decline vs a multi year multi million dollar contract, or vs the ~$75K that the Caps are paying him?
I specifically said I think Connolly was better (I say it as 'more effective'). Kovy's salary maybe is nothing, but we need 3RW. He is there but will he be a positive factor in playoffs? Connolly surely was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->