Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals at New York Rangers Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Relax..I read the paper and saw all the replays and analysis too. I was also at the game. yes jt's the rule but how often do you see it called? It was also in the rule book that yiu can't knock someone in the head like they did on boyle. Did they call that?

Like it or not, it gets called a lot.

This isn't the crash the net era. The GMs have made it very clear that they wanted the goalies protected when they agree on the rule changes.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
09-bp-lcf.jpg

Why did Fast sucker punch our captain after that clutch goal?

That's not going to help moral at all.

A picture tells a thousand words.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
You've been to some good games man! Those SC tickets last year must've put you back a good friggin penny though!!

Most amazing game I ever was at actually wasn't even a win; but was Gretzky's last game. Loudest and longest ovations I've ever heard in my life. At one point during his goodbye's I ran down the aisle to get closer and for a moment saw his eyes look right at me. I looked right back in his eyes and gave him a salute, and he gave me one right back (there's even quick video of the moment). For that one small moment, those few seconds in time, I was part of his last game. ****ing amazing memory and I get chills every time I think about it!

If you gave him your Coca Cola, he would have thrown his jersey at you.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Can't say the same, greatest game ive been to was msl game 4 ot winner last year vs mtl. No game would beat that experience except a sc clinching goal

Same here, I've been to a lot of games and actually tried to sell mine to that game as well, thankfully I didn't. Best game I've ever been to. One of the best moments of my life. You knew with that win they were going to the finals.

Just an amazing moment and the Garden was absolute pandemonium.

NYR7

Dec 20, 2008
Connecticut
Same here, I've been to a lot of games and actually tried to sell mine to that game as well, thankfully I didn't. Best game I've ever been to. One of the best moments of my life. You knew with that win they were going to the finals.

Just an amazing moment and the Garden was absolute pandemonium.

This is one of my fav videos. Worth watching in HD. The entire garden rising and collective held breath before the goal is amazing.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
This series is reminiscent of Hawks-Wings in 2013, except the games so far are reversed.

Hawks the Presidents Trophy winning team, playing against their division rivals in the 2nd round.

Hawks and Wings split the first two in Chicago, but the Hawks won game 1 while we did not.

The series moves over to Detroit, and just like us, the Hawks manage just one goal in games 3 and 4. We got shut out in game 3, they got shut out in game 4.

Games 5 and 6 were obviously won by the Hawks. While there was no OT, game 6 was a one goal game and game 5 was 4-1 Hawks. We played our one goal game yesterday - now let's hope we can get a blowout win.

Game 7 went to OT, which I would not be able to watch, since I would be dead from a heart attack.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
10 one goal games in a row and counting, my heart can't take this.....can we please win in a blow out tomorrow !!!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah, I get it now. It was just so obscure, non-germane and random that it completely flew by me at first lol.

It's non-germane after you watched the commercial?

It's a very famous commercial, and it was well before my time. Someone needs to freshen their pop trivia.

Anyway, when you wrote that you ran down to Wayne and he saluted you back, it's the first thing that popped into my head.

I didn't think the Michael Jackson "hair on fire" Pepsi commercial drew a parallel to #99's last game.

FYI, I was at that game too.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
whoever was praising Forslunds call, I have to agree. My goodness, it sends chills down my spine!

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
It's non-germane after you watched the commercial?

It's a very famous commercial, and it was well before my time. Someone needs to freshen their pop trivia.

Anyway, when you wrote that you ran down to Wayne and he saluted you back, it's the first thing that popped into my head.

I didn't think the Michael Jackson "hair on fire" Pepsi commercial drew a parallel to #99's last game.

FYI, I was at that game too.

I dunno, was non-germane to me lol.

You were at his last game as well? Do you remember the like 20 minute long straight louder than hell ovation? Was one of the weirdest games I was ever at. So eerie. The place was so quiet like the entire game, and the game itself didn't matter almost at all. You could just feel the gravity of what was happening, the last time the Great One would be on the ice as a player. The game came and went with practically zero moments of interest, and then came the goodbyes and the ovation. I never heard the Garden so loud.

And hey, I wonder if you remember the sign I made. They displayed it on the screen for what felt like forever! Was a big poster board with Wayne Gretzky written top down on the left in Red with the rest in blue:

Will always remember
All the
Years of
Never
Ending
Greatness. You're
Retiring
Early, but
Thanks for
Z0
Killer
Years.

Wow, it actually looks so cheesy to me now after typing it lol. But the garden cheered their ***** off when it was displayed on the screen, so I'll take it... :p:

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Unfortunately the 4 previous games do still exist. I mean they could comeback and win the cup but those first 4 games in the series were a let down without a doubt.

Well yeah, but i'm trying not to focus on those games and just take this last win as a stepping stone toward some momentum. A wake up call to the team we've been watching since early December. We start playing like that, look out.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I dunno, was non-germane to me lol.

You were at his last game as well? Do you remember the like 20 minute long straight louder than hell ovation? Was one of the weirdest games I was ever at. So eerie. The place was so quiet like the entire game, and the game itself didn't matter almost at all. You could just feel the gravity of what was happening, the last time the Great One would be on the ice as a player. The game came and went with practically zero moments of interest, and then came the goodbyes and the ovation. I never heard the Garden so loud.

And hey, I wonder if you remember the sign I made. They displayed it on the screen for what felt like forever! Was a big poster board with Wayne Gretzky written top down on the left in Red with the rest in blue:

Will always remember
All the
Years of
Never
Ending
Greatness. You're
Retiring
Early, but
Thanks for
Z0
Killer
Years.

Wow, it actually looks so cheesy to me now after typing it lol. But the garden cheered their ***** off when it was displayed on the screen, so I'll take it... :p:

Of course I remember Gretzky's last game, but I don't remeber your poster.

To be honest, Gretzky's last game had far less an emotional impact on me than Mark Messier's last game.

There were rumors that it would be his last game, but no one was a 100% sure. At the final buzzer, Messier skated out and showed his gratitude to New York. As he said thank you and took a bow, I turned to my brother and said "remember this. This is the greatest player I've ever seen. Gretzky will always be remembered as the great one, but the Messiah has the rings."

I know 2004 was a **** year for the Rangers, and I know Mark was at the end of his career, but I will always remember him at the end of his career for this...

Mark-Messier-fights-Jason-Blake.jpg

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Of course I remember Gretzky's last game, but I don't remeber your poster.

To be honest, Gretzky's last game had far less an emotional impact on me than Mark Messier's last game.

There were rumors that it would be his last game, but no one was a 100% sure. At the final buzzer, Messier skated out and showed his gratitude to New York. As he said thank you and took a bow, I turned to my brother and said "remember this. This is the greatest player I've ever seen. Gretzky will always be remembered as the great one, but the Messiah has the rings."

I know 2004 was a **** year for the Rangers, and I know Mark was at the end of his career, but I will always remember him at the end of his career for this...

Which one was one of the 'Garden's Greatest Moments'? :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad