Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals at New York Rangers Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
I would really appreciate, you know, something like a 4-1 win in game six. One can dream. :P

Good luck with that. NHL.com:

Dating to last season's Stanley Cup Final, each of the Rangers' past 12 playoff games has been decided by one goal. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, New York's streak of one-goal games in the playoffs is the longest in the NHL's modern era. In the playoffs, 15 of the Rangers' past 16 games, 17 of their past 19, and 18 of their past 22 have been decided by one goal.​

Watching NYR playoff games ages you in dog years.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I think Rangers may have found out how to beat this Capitals defensive system. Push up on the circles, pass pack for quick one time slap shot while crowding the front of the net. Both goals came like this.

I don't want another OT game where it is a 50/50 chance of survival. Come out. Bury 3, 4, 5 goals against Holtby.

Make the Caps rethink their strategy and create doubt in everyone one of their players' minds, especially Holtby's.

And for the love of god, separate Nash and MSL and swap Miller and Moore somewhere in the top 9. Sheesh.

Agreed with everything here, especially Moore getting moved from the top 9. He doesn't have the offensive ability to be in the top 9, Miller does, they need to be switched.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Good luck with that. NHL.com:

Dating to last season's Stanley Cup Final, each of the Rangers' past 12 playoff games has been decided by one goal. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, New York's streak of one-goal games in the playoffs is the longest in the NHL's modern era. In the playoffs, 15 of the Rangers' past 16 games, 17 of their past 19, and 18 of their past 22 have been decided by one goal.​

Watching NYR playoff games ages you in dog years.

so that's where all these greys came from...

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I think Rangers may have found out how to beat this Capitals defensive system. Push up on the circles, pass pack for quick one time slap shot while crowding the front of the net. Both goals came like this.

I don't want another OT game where it is a 50/50 chance of survival. Come out. Bury 3, 4, 5 goals against Holtby.

Make the Caps rethink their strategy and create doubt in everyone one of their players' minds, especially Holtby's.

And for the love of god, separate Nash and MSL and swap Miller and Moore somewhere in the top 9. Sheesh.

seriously, AV's lines and defensive pairings are *********. i cannot believe he is rolling out these lines/pairings. something like this up front would be a godsend:

Hagelin-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Miller-Hayes-St. Louis
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

swap Hagelin and Miller, St. Louis and Fast, whatever, just balance the lines for ****s sake.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Does Moore play wing at all? He would be the PERFECT guy to put with nash right now. Works his ass off, finds a way to make space for himself and can take some possible pressure of nash and you know...feed him a pass. Something everyone else doesn't know how to to do apperently.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Since there is no GDT up yet, I will post this here. I write a daily history story on that group. I researched this for a Rangers Facebook group and thought it would be nice to post it here as well:

Today a special edition of New York Rangers history. No focus on games played on this date, but games played on Mother's Day!

The Rangers are 4-1 in games played on Mother's Day and here's a recap.

On Mother's Day in 2014, the Rangers played in game 6 of the 2nd round against the Penguins. This is the most emotional game, days after Martin St. Louis' mom passed away. The Rangers won 3-1 with St. Louis scoring the first goal of the game, after 3 minutes and 34 seconds. Tying the series at 3 and forcing game 7, The Rangers went on to win game 7 in Pittsburgh and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals where they lost to the Kings 4-1.

On Mother's Day in 2013, the Rangers played in game 6 of the 1st round against the Capitals. Again, being down 3-2 in the series, the Rangers managed to tie the series at 3, by beating the Capitals 1-0. Derick Brassard scoring the only goal in the 2nd period with John Moore and Mats Zuccarello assisting. Henrik Lundqvist recorded a shut-out and would do so in game 7 the next day, when the Rangers won 5-0 in Washington.

On Mother's Day in 1997, the Rangers travelled to New Jersey to take on the Devils. Leading the Series 3-1 (after losing game 1), the Rangers had a chance to clinch a spot in the conference finals. Adam Graves and Esa Tikkanen scored the goals for the Rangers in a 2-1 win in OT. The Rangers advanced and lost in the conference finals to the Flyers, 4-1.

On Mother's Day in 1995, the Rangers played in game 5 of the 1st round against the Quebec Nordiques. In a Series where they were leading 3-1, the Rangers did not have enough firepower to end it and lost 4-2. Mark Messier and Pat Verbeek scored the goals for the Rangers while Wendel Clark, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon and Scott Young hit the twine for the Nordiques. In game 6, the Rangers won with the same numbers to advance to the 2nd round where they were swept by the Flyers.

On Mother's Day in 1979, the Rangers played in game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals against the Montreal Canadiens. With John Davidson in goal, the Rangers started off well with a powerplay goal by Steve Vickers, followed by Ron Greschner doubling the lead late in the 1st period. Guy Lafleur scored the lone goal for the Canadiens before the Rangers again took a 2-goal lead when Phil Esposito scored on the powerplay. Dave Maloney had the final goal in a 4-1 win, short-handed. Anders Hedberg finished the game with 2 assists.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is it normal to be sick to the stomach from nerves already lol.

bigbluebird

Dead Eyes McGee
Jan 3, 2012
Hiding in PlainSight
Since there is no GDT up yet, I will post this here. I write a daily history story on that group. I researched this for a Rangers Facebook group and thought it would be nice to post it here as well:

Today a special edition of New York Rangers history. No focus on games played on this date, but games played on Mother's Day!

The Rangers are 4-1 in games played on Mother's Day and here's a recap.

On Mother's Day in 2014, the Rangers played in game 6 of the 2nd round against the Penguins. This is the most emotional game, days after Martin St. Louis' mom passed away. The Rangers won 3-1 with St. Louis scoring the first goal of the game, after 3 minutes and 34 seconds. Tying the series at 3 and forcing game 7, The Rangers went on to win game 7 in Pittsburgh and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals where they lost to the Kings 4-1.

On Mother's Day in 2013, the Rangers played in game 6 of the 1st round against the Capitals. Again, being down 3-2 in the series, the Rangers managed to tie the series at 3, by beating the Capitals 1-0. Derick Brassard scoring the only goal in the 2nd period with John Moore and Mats Zuccarello assisting. Henrik Lundqvist recorded a shut-out and would do so in game 7 the next day, when the Rangers won 5-0 in Washington.

On Mother's Day in 1997, the Rangers travelled to New Jersey to take on the Devils. Leading the Series 3-1 (after losing game 1), the Rangers had a chance to clinch a spot in the conference finals. Adam Graves and Esa Tikkanen scored the goals for the Rangers in a 2-1 win in OT. The Rangers advanced and lost in the conference finals to the Flyers, 4-1.

On Mother's Day in 1995, the Rangers played in game 5 of the 1st round against the Quebec Nordiques. In a Series where they were leading 3-1, the Rangers did not have enough firepower to end it and lost 4-2. Mark Messier and Pat Verbeek scored the goals for the Rangers while Wendel Clark, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon and Scott Young hit the twine for the Nordiques. In game 6, the Rangers won with the same numbers to advance to the 2nd round where they were swept by the Flyers.

On Mother's Day in 1979, the Rangers played in game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals against the Montreal Canadiens. With John Davidson in goal, the Rangers started off well with a powerplay goal by Steve Vickers, followed by Ron Greschner doubling the lead late in the 1st period. Guy Lafleur scored the lone goal for the Canadiens before the Rangers again took a 2-goal lead when Phil Esposito scored on the powerplay. Dave Maloney had the final goal in a 4-1 win, short-handed. Anders Hedberg finished the game with 2 assists.

:yo:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gross reporting Klein with Yandle. Please stick with that AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad