Post-Game Talk: (Wash)Launch vehicles at (B) Payloads Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Looked like Schultz gaffe if you just watch the movements of the players, but we don't know the communication or the plans that may have been garbled. That may be a byproduct of not having a guy in the lineup for so long.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Carlson may have had 27 minutes of ice time, but I’d say only 10 of those minutes were on D. Dude was high up in the play acting like a forward and would dog it back.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Next game will be key, as it should have been from the beginning. If top-6 is nowhere to be found again, its 1-3.

Emotions and injuries arent that important. They are either winning next game or not.

Sammy will be in net obviously.

With good outing tomorrow Id say 2-2 is fair for the series. With bad outing it will be logical to expect 1-3. Why worry?!

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
For that matter why is the corpse of John Carlson playing 27 minutes and Nick Jensen is only playing 17 minutes at 5v5?

Jensen was at 75% xGF playing primarily against the Hall line!

These last two games haven’t thrilled me from a coaching standpoint!

Yep I'm with you - the coach is a f*cking idiot. He brings in Carr, drops Sprong, and leaves TvR out of the lineup in favour of - Schultz or Carlson.

It beggars belief - add to that, the PP is atrocious. PK is superb but that's because it has all the heart and soul guys on it

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Looked like Schultz gaffe if you just watch the movements of the players, but we don't know the communication or the plans that may have been garbled. That may be a byproduct of not having a guy in the lineup for so long.

Come on, dude - you are placing this loss entirely on that stupid play behind the net in OT?

There is so much more wrong with this game, than that....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Come on, dude - you are placing this loss entirely on that stupid play behind the net in OT?

There is so much more wrong with this game, than that....

Is that what I said? No. Read my comment in the series thread.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Carlson may have had 27 minutes of ice time, but I’d say only 10 of those minutes were on D. Dude was high up in the play acting like a forward and would dog it back.

Lavy may be desperate for O and told him to go. Yet I don't remember any notable offense from him nor our D leading to quality chances. I do love watching Orlov weaving his way through defenders though. Chara took 1 the big slapper but otherwise pushes pucks to the corner. Dillion seems willing to fire pucks at the net at every chance and we need chances since our offense and PP seems a bit futile. Especially when we aren't hitting and generating chances off of turnovers.

Schultz f***ed up looking over his shoulder and wasnt watching Sammy to see he headed back into the crease. Old school goalie play, sure you pick the forechecker. But I am not convinced Sammy is built to take on fresh forechecker at full speed in OT. Nor, do I necessarily want him to.

Last edited:
Reactions: hb12xchamps

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Is that what I said? No. Read my comment in the series thread.

Hey yeah I didn't see your comment over there. I was replying to this one only :)

I don't have a multi-page essay about what's wrong. But the team vibe / chemistry is awful. Somebody's been boffing somebody else's wife / girlfriend type of thing :laugh: that locker room is messed up

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Why is Justin Schultz playing 24 minutes and Nick Jensen is only playing 17 minutes at 5v5?

Going to keep banging this drum! It’s insane!
I think it's more like Dmitry Orlov's Partner got more time than Zdeno Chara's Partner, but yeah, they of course can change the pairings.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Lol what the f***? That was NOT offside. Literally not a single Bs player was inside the blue line when Smith was crossing it after the dump in. Really getting sick of these stupid takes about the reffing, made up offsides and all the bullshit that has no correlation with what happened in OT. Samsonov sucks, I don't care what anybody says. As a goalie you give your team a complete effort from the starting faceoff to your team's OT winning goal. He killed them and that's it. That's the story of the game. That said, another story of the game is Ovechkin lookin like an old bum outside of a chance Mantha created for him. Tf you yelling for? You have to lead by example and the team will follow. What did you create this whole game offensively? Total non factor, f***ed up 2 or 3 PPs by just simply not being able to stop the puck at the bluel line after cleanly won faceoff. I swear if I was him I'd be ashamed to try and blame somebody for their poor performance this game. You and your future roommate in a nursing home Backy have been taking the wind out of team's sails for 80+ minutes straight. Tf are you acting like you some hero without mask. Sit your ass down, it's not 2010 anymore, you're not that good.
Let it all out. It will all be OK. :help:

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hey yeah I didn't see your comment over there. I was replying to this one only :)

I don't have a multi-page essay about what's wrong. But the team vibe / chemistry is awful. Somebody's been boffing somebody else's wife / girlfriend type of thing :laugh: that locker room is messed up

Something seems off. I kind of thought rallying behind Oshie was our key to the cup. Instead, forging an Rat exterminating alliance seems our best bet.

I wonder if coaches every basically concede a game. Tell the guys to hang back play it safe don't get caught, and maybe only unleash the hitting for 1 period, and more focus on winning the war by not self destructing with injuries and suspensions in round 1. We hear so much speculation/assumption that the big old caps are gassed because they skated 24 minutes. If its true (i call bullshit personally) - then a coach truly needs to hold the team back for vast stretches for their own good.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
I think most of us knew this was not our year. Win the next game and we are fine but even if we make it out of this series I just don't see us winning it all. Samsonov has a bright future (if his off the ice antics get better) but we are lacking the veteran goaltending you need to make a deep run.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Was Schultz looking over his shoulder to find an outlet? He should have known there was a Bruin on his back.

He assumed Sammy was going to push the puck towards the corner and headed that way. Assumption is the mother of all f***ups. Wasn't that Schultz I saw climbing out of the Bs bench? Traitor. I want to see what JVR can do.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think most of us knew this was not our year. Win the next game and we are fine but even if we make it out of this series I just don't see us winning it all. Samsonov has a bright future (if his off the ice antics get better) but we are lacking the veteran goaltending you need to make a deep run.
Binnington won the Cup as a rookie on a team that was in last place halfway through the season two years ago. Holtby's best playoff showing arguably was as a rookie. It's not true that you need veteran goaltending... you need solid goaltending (and luck).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad