Post-Game Talk: (Wash)Launch vehicles at (B) Payloads Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Ovi is Samsonov’ s big bro. It’s a lot different getting chewed out by somebody you respect and know wants the best for you rather than from a rando. I’m sure that wasn’t the first time either.
When did this happen and is there footage?

Dibbs31

Apr 28, 2016
They do give a f***. They're injured, and playing through. Except for Kuznetsov, who's a total dink.
Oh come on man. Bruins absolutely outplayed the Caps from the start of the third period until the OTGWG. Keep up the injury BS excuse. Backstrom and Carlson both played like shit and OV has barely made an impact. The only reason we are in this series is because of Hathaway, Dowd, and the goalies

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Once again, no killer instinct cost us the game. Late lead, turtle, tied, ot loss. Either the coaching style is trash or the core doesn't understand the message because it's up to them to set the tone for the rest of the team.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
I dont understand. Was not the score 2-1 and the tie goal was on the power play?

Would you rather turtle and get a penalty called on you... or would you rather they play balls to the walls with a chance to extend the lead and maybe get called for a penalty or maybe get a PP?

The former is basically a loser strategy... the latter is how you win games.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Sorry, I just thought grasping the concept of tagging up on an offside play should be general hockey fan knowledge that crosses fan borders.
Grasping the concept of tagging up is one thing, but grasping the concept of coming to the opponents’ boards after a disappointing loss is also important.

Reactions: RandyHolt

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
The Caps were terrible in OT but the narrative that they turtled in the 3rd is complete and utter BS. They had 67% of the shot attempts at 5v5, didn’t allow a single shot on net, and had nearly 60% of the xG%. If you have a problem with the OT, that’s completely understandable. But let’s stop pushing this 3rd period turtle story, when they didn’t even allow a freaking shot at even strength, just because it furthers your “narrative”.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Why is Justin Schultz playing 24 minutes and Nick Jensen is only playing 17 minutes at 5v5?

Going to keep banging this drum! It’s insane!

Reactions: fniss and Hivemind

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
They need some younger legs.

I’d rather lose with Sprong and CMM than Raffl and Carr.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Second game in a row that Schultz was involved in a communication mix up that cost the team in OT. Maybe the communication issues aren’t exclusively with Samsonov.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Controversy might be a better word than carousel for what I intended to convey.
Well, it has been a carousel up to this point considering that we had a different starter in each game. Had we had a fourth goalie, maybe we would have continued with this approach :)

Reactions: Hivemind

Dibbs31

Apr 28, 2016
Blowing a 2-1 lead in the 3rd period. 16-3 shot advantage in first OT and Ovie blaming Samsonov. Not a good look

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
For that matter why is the corpse of John Carlson playing 27 minutes and Nick Jensen is only playing 17 minutes at 5v5?

Jensen was at 75% xGF playing primarily against the Hall line!

These last two games haven’t thrilled me from a coaching standpoint!

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Meh, if people are going to complain about a call that was very obviously not offsides, they deserve to be called out
Fans of all teams in every imaginable sport ALWAYS complain. And often unreasonably because emotions are involved. Calling them out in the heat of the moment is just not emotionally intelligent.

Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad