Post-Game Talk: (Wash)Launch vehicles at (B) Payloads Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You don't get to bark at the dude keeping you in the game because of off the field issues. You're taking something else and blaming him for keeping you in it. Be mad at yourself, not transposing your anger at him and blaming someone for something they didn't screw up.

when you’re Ovechkin and the other guy is 2x COVID Knucklehead, sorry you do get to Fking bark.

Reactions: txpd

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sammy was in position to steal the game and be the hero and then that. There is always something preventing him from taking that final step. Other than OT tonight, this has been a very even series. I see no reason why they can't still win the series even if they go down 3-1. These are coin flip games.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Well, you all can use this post to ID the Bruins fans that are so insecure with themselves they have to bask in the misery of their opponents board after a playoff win.
I think soaking in your opponents misery is a good use of this website but I usually save it for the next morning and definitely stay away from the like button lol

who’s the random pens troll here, shoo!

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
And yeah, Chara looks done. The speed ramps up a level in the playoffs and he is way behind. Unless something changes I can't see bringing him back.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Samsonov looked solid except for that one blunder. But that cost the game.

Not a good look from Ovi at end of game. Samsonov should be starting next game.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
In economics and business decision-making, a sunk cost (also known as retrospective cost) is a cost that has already been incurred and cannot be recovered.[1][2][3] Sunk costs are contrasted with prospective costs, which are future costs that may be avoided if action is taken.[4] In other words, a sunk cost is a sum paid in the past that is no longer relevant to decisions about the future.[3] Even though economists argue that sunk costs are no longer relevant to future rational decision-making, in everyday life, people often take previous expenditures in situations, such as signing a hockey player to an above-market deal, into their future decisions regarding that player, such as playing them over another more qualified player.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Did we get confirmation that Ovie was barking at Samsonov at the end?

I'd rather not read the whole thread to find it. Thanks.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
In the Ovi era I think it's the first time that the Caps enter the playoffs with a lot of big names injured (and I mean really injured not just banged up)
Ovechkin, Carlson, Backstrom, Oshie, Schultz + Kuznetsov all of them were injured and/or not skating in the past 2-3 weeks.

And guys you need to stop with the blow and turtle. Ok English is not my mother tongue but it's not a "blow up" that I saw by the Caps in G2 and G3. A PP goal and a scrum in front of the goalie.
It's just a coin flip game.
IIRC neither team had a 2 goal lead in a game so far. :huh:It's back and forth
This series could be 3-0 or 2-1 or 1-2 or 0-3
Caps don't have the puck luck.
3 games - 3 OT games

BTW, I wouldn't be too optimistic if I were a B's fan. They're playing a coin flip OT hockey with an old injured team for the 3rd straight game. If they make it to the 2nd round, PIT and even Trotz will destroy them in 5 games. And I don't even talk about teams like CAR COL or VGK

And yes. F*** you NHL with that start time. If it was a 1.07 AM start as usual I'd watch this game on replay this morning. But that -30 minutes was appealing.:laugh: Slept only 3-4 hours.

Last edited:

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Well atleast now i know what the itch was..

Painful way to lose. But we didnt really deserve more this time. We were sleepwalking at the beginning, trapping in thid period and out of gas in the OT. Sucks that we came so close nonetheless and still end up walking with nothing but headache.

But water under the bridge. I was looking at G4 anyways. Thats a must win now. Interesting to see how our guys response. Our toplines werent there tonight. Wheres that Ovie from G1 now? Carlson is just trash and should be benched. Mantha, Backstrom nothing. Kuznetsov nothing.

On the positive our bottom6 is nailing it. If they can kick our top dogs awake we still have a shot at this. But 1-3 is too much to handle so better do it quick.

Lets not throw this at Sammy. The rookie played his mind out for 80 minutes. And that goal was more on Schultz anyways. Theres a rookie goalie with criminal past with handling the puck and for some reason Schultz doesnt go for the puck. Im sure he tried to yell to play it to corner, but thats really on him to give the help there and not let Smith play it out that way. Schultz had no effort there while the other guy hustled.

Please win G4.

Reactions: Still Apps

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
No they didn’t. It was offsides. I’ve watched it a bunch of times.
Lol what the f***? That was NOT offside. Literally not a single Bs player was inside the blue line when Smith was crossing it after the dump in. Really getting sick of these stupid takes about the reffing, made up offsides and all the bullshit that has no correlation with what happened in OT. Samsonov sucks, I don't care what anybody says. As a goalie you give your team a complete effort from the starting faceoff to your team's OT winning goal. He killed them and that's it. That's the story of the game. That said, another story of the game is Ovechkin lookin like an old bum outside of a chance Mantha created for him. Tf you yelling for? You have to lead by example and the team will follow. What did you create this whole game offensively? Total non factor, f***ed up 2 or 3 PPs by just simply not being able to stop the puck at the bluel line after cleanly won faceoff. I swear if I was him I'd be ashamed to try and blame somebody for their poor performance this game. You and your future roommate in a nursing home Backy have been taking the wind out of team's sails for 80+ minutes straight. Tf are you acting like you some hero without mask. Sit your ass down, it's not 2010 anymore, you're not that good.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Also for what it's worth Ovechkin called Samsonov "Homophobic Slur" in Russian on that video where he's yelling at him. The guy looked and acted the whole game like a total douche.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Lol what the f***? That was NOT offside. Literally not a single Bs player was inside the blue line when Smith was crossing it after the dump in. Really getting sick of these stupid takes about the reffing, made up offsides and all the bullshit that has no correlation with what happened in OT. Samsonov sucks, I don't care what anybody says. As a goalie you give your team a complete effort from the starting faceoff to your team's OT winning goal. He killed them and that's it. That's the story of the game. That said, another story of the game is Ovechkin lookin like an old bum outside of a chance Mantha created for him. Tf you yelling for? You have to lead by example and the team will follow. What did you create this whole game offensively? Total non factor, f***ed up 2 or 3 PPs by just simply not being able to stop the puck at the bluel line after cleanly won faceoff. I swear if I was him I'd be ashamed to try and blame somebody for their poor performance this game. You and your future roommate in a nursing home Backy have been taking the wind out of team's sails for 80+ minutes straight. Tf are you acting like you some hero without mask. Sit your ass down, it's not 2010 anymore, you're not that good.

If not Samsonov, this game is over in 60.

Also for it's worth Ovechkin called Samsonov "Homophobic Slur" in Russian on that video where he's yelling at him. The guy looked and acted the whole game like a total douche.

Malamud is that you? That would make sense.

apart from
"Suka" and "Blyad"
Nothing else is understandable at what he's yelling

BTW it's the first time he's yelling at a teammate. Could have done it for years in his prime with those average D and zero secondary scoring

Reactions: RandyHolt

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
This whole thing reeks of bad shit going on in the locker room. This team was up there with best in the league 3 weeks ago. Now they are a mess because of some bad shit that has gone down.

I hate the f***ing Bruins and they are playing like crap, but this series is over. Our team is beat up, brain dead, and divided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad