Post-Game Talk: (Wash)Launch vehicles at (B) Payloads Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Sprong involved in two scoring opportunities in his first shift of game 2 alone, yet still sees his ice time cut and maybe a healthy scratch in game 3. Did he run over Lavi’s dog? Dude has more than earned his playtime, particularly with so many of the other Capitals skilled forwards hurt or underperforming.

Reactions: Neil Racki

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Sprong involved in two scoring opportunities in his first shift of game 2 alone, yet still sees his ice time cut and maybe a healthy scratch in game 3. Did he run over Lavi’s dog? Dude has more than earned his playtime, particularly with so many of the other Capitals skilled forwards hurt or underperforming.

It comes down to a simple question, if all the players are healthy, who do you sit, Raffl or Sprong? I think its a fair question, but Lavi has his preferences and when they differ from ours, it just is what it is, he wants different things out of certain players. Also specifically he says Sprong needs to be in a top 6 role, he's clearly not a defensive stalwart who will be playing on a shutdown 3rd line trying to stop Boston's perfection line. So which top 6 player do you demote to make room for Sprong?

With the top 12 F's all healthy, Sprong is the 13th. More specifically, with the top 6 all playing, Sprong has no place where he fits well.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Raffl has been checking Pasternk effectively. Sheary is on that line too. The Dowd line has been money. Lavy thinks he needs more d than offense. Sprong doesnt make the defense better. Scratch Mantha for Sprong? Ovechkin?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

So is McMichael travelling to Boston? Samantha said no 23 hours ago but then said team is still deciding whose going 22 hours ago.

I guess we wait.

No Oshie, no Eller, no VV .. no problem.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Sprong also killed 2 grade-A chances last game. And his D play is suspect. He's just not gonna get a sweater over guys with a more complete game.

Reactions: YippieKaey

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

So is McMichael travelling to Boston? Samantha said no 23 hours ago but then said team is still deciding whose going 22 hours ago.

I guess we wait.

No Oshie, no Eller, no VV .. no problem.

Lavy said in his presser yesterday that McMichael was not traveling with the team. He said "Our team is traveling." and said that the taxi and black ace guys werent in that group

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Is Copley not a better option than Anderson? Copley played more games than Anderson this year and seemed fine the year he backed up Holtby. If Anderson is bad tonight and Samsonov is not ready, I'd consider Copley for game 3. Not what we envisioned 6 months ago.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I mean I don’t think Raffl has been great the first 2 games, but that 3rd line with Eller was fantastic in the regular season and Lavi obviously likes them as a checking line. I would see how the next few games play out, but the team needs to be better defensively right now,not offensively. Raffl helps that.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Ovechkin and Backstrom are going to need to be much better in Games 3 and 4. You have to believe that they will be seeing much more of the Bergeron line given that the Bruins now have last change. They need to be able to break even with those guys at 5v5 and allow the depth of Washington to perhaps win the rest of the battles.

Also if Carlson is playing poorly they need to immediately address it. Jensen needs more minutes and IMO will thrive in a matchup role if called upon.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Is Copley not a better option than Anderson? Copley played more games than Anderson this year and seemed fine the year he backed up Holtby. If Anderson is bad tonight and Samsonov is not ready, I'd consider Copley for game 3. Not what we envisioned 6 months ago.
No chance. Anderson let in one bad goal.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Ovechkin and Backstrom are going to need to be much better in Games 3 and 4. You have to believe that they will be seeing much more of the Bergeron line given that the Bruins now have last change. They need to be able to break even with those guys at 5v5 and allow the depth of Washington to perhaps win the rest of the battles.

Also if Carlson is playing poorly they need to immediately address it. Jensen needs more minutes and IMO will thrive in a matchup role if called upon.

I agree on Carlson but that won’t happen. They will continue to lean on him significantly.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

I think Lavis strategy is to use the Eller line to shutdown you know what.

Against most teams I’d sit Raffl but I understand in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad