Was yesterday the real turning point?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I can't believe it was someone who has been around as long as Cloned that started this thread. The turning point will be when the coach is able to write down the names of six legit NHL defensemen on his lineup card every night.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
There can be no turning point with Nikitin in the line-up.

Unless you mean turnstile.

He can do that.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers destroy everyone! Thread part 2..
Thanks OP for the jinx!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I didn't vote yes to this thread, but all of you who did should not regret doing so until we see how we do in the next game. This Columbus game was just a game from hell. We were very tired, they were very fresh. We are on the road. They had the refs on their side all night. Our young goalie had a bad night. Despite all these things we were not blown out and we still had strong performances from the players that made everyone here excited enough to make this thread.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
How could anyone have fallen for their recent play? We'e seen it happen time and time again.. Remember the 6 game winning streak?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Just want to say one bad game doesn't mean that the turning point didn't happen, we still played chippy out there. Having a turning point doesn't mean you go out and win 10 straight it can be as simple as a change of mindset in that they refused to be physically bullied out there anymore.

edit: just as a reminder I did vote no, but I'm just not sure if people who did vote yes should so flippantly change their opinion on the basis of one game, turning points are a big picture thing not something that can accurately accepted or dismissed on the basis of one game, it's about a change in the overall trend or direction of the team.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just want to say one bad game doesn't mean that the turning point didn't happen, we still played chippy out there. Having a turning point doesn't mean you go out and win 10 straight it can be as simple as a change of mindset in that they refused to be physically bullied out there anymore.

edit: just as a reminder I did vote no, but I'm just not sure if people who did vote yes should so flippantly change their opinion on the basis of one game, turning points are a big picture thing not something that can accurately accepted or dismissed on the basis of one game, it's about a change in the overall trend or direction of the team.

Yeah, and I don't regret voting yes or starting this thread.

LB didn't play particularly well either.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
My God, and we thought they were going to move up the standings.

I see you didn't honour your thread that got immediately crushed.

OP should've known better. Good intentions but this team isn't there yet. We all know why they aren't there yet.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010

I voted yes and I still stand by it. One loss on a back to back where we played a rookie netminder who was rusty from sitting on the bench for probably a longer stretch than he has in years. It's a long term thing and we're only in the first steps which means challenging for the playoffs next year rather than 30th. We'll still lose games but I'm confident this wont turn into a stretch of a bunch of losses.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think its more like this season is the start of the turn around. The emergence of Davidson, McDavid living up to his hype, Draisaitl showing his worth, Sekera and Talbot settling in nicely, the additions of Kassian and Maroon, and the dropping of a bunch of dead weight (and more to come this off season) has kick started the turn around. I think the real turning point will be this summer if Chia can add a couple top 4D. This team really doesn't feel that far off. They don't wilt the same way they used to, they don't get bullied by the big bad teams in the west like they used to, and they're adding a grinding cycle element to their game that should help them get over the hump against big trap teams as long as they add a couple D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad