Was yesterday the real turning point?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Remember in December after 5 wins in 6 or whatever and a similar thread was made?

This is when you know the Oilers have turned around. When they start a season above .750. When after 20 games into the season they can win 15 games out of 20. When they have a stretch against West teams they can win 7 out of 10 of them

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
LOL
This is so true. We need to banish the "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

This team is still not where it needs to be unless two more top 4 defenders are brought in (and one of them should be a top-pairing guy).

this, right here. Until TMac has a:

#2 dman
three legit 2nd pairing dmen (one of which has a howitzer than he can reach the net with)
and 3 legit 3rd pairing dmen

... we will not get be in a playoff race come the Ides of March, next year or beyond.

get two quality dmen this summer, or fold up shop. If this isn't achieved and Eberle, Hall or RNH are still on this team, I give up.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Remember in December after 5 wins in 6 or whatever and a similar thread was made?

This is when you know the Oilers have turned around. When they start a season above .750. When after 20 games into the season they can win 15 games out of 20. When they have a stretch against West teams they can win 7 out of 10 of them
What you are talking about is post turn, it's easy to call it after its happened with the benefit of hindsight, calling it as its happening takes balls and foresight. Also that is a mighty high bar you are setting in terms of wins to start a season, how many teams in the league started the year winning 15 of their first 20? 3 or 4?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
What you are talking about is post turn, it's easy to call it after its happened with the benefit of hindsight, calling it as its happening takes balls and foresight. Also that is a mighty high bar you are setting in terms of wins to start a season, how many teams in the league started the year winning 15 of their first 20? 3 or 4?

I think its going to take alot for Oilers to turn the corner. When other teams win 3 of 4 with some past games where they showed tremendous battle, they may turn the corner. But for the Oilers: they are like cruise ship, turning that think around takes some tremendous stuff. They sink back into suckage so easily after good stretches that itll take something really special to fully turn them around

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
1 game, especially at the end of yet another lost season, means nothing, or at least close to nothing.... the "turning point" in my mind will be a season (hopefully next season) where the oilers are in, or close to, a playoff position and play 3-4 games in a row against tough competition without looking like a 2nd class team

I agree. They always play well without pressure

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
I voted...........???

I voted no because it is just the start.........they still need to improve the Defense.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Didn't Montreal? Look how great they are.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

I'll be convinced, not from an impressive hot streak, but from being able to stop a losing streak. When they lose 2 in a row, can they bring out a 'refuse to lose' game and win 1-0?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Yesterday... All my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as though they're here to stay, oh I believe in yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad