Was Vinny Lecavalier's career a slight disappointment?

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
AR-301069363.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66

It's funny you can't name a single canuck player better then him.

Reactions: VanIslander

Vanzig

Aug 6, 2018
Vancouver, B.C.
Lecavalier isn't in the HOF.

My bad, sorry I had a few Beers and I kept thinking of ST. LOUIS cuz my buddy and I had a huge discussion on IF Tampa Bay didn’t win the Cup would ST> LOUIS and ANDREYCHUK make it.

I bet you they will induct Lecavalier most likely in the next few years just like ST. LOUIS.

This I find always an interesting Contest
ST. LOUIS vs LECAVALIER???
If you had to pick 1 to make a run for the CUP who would you take?? ANYBODY??

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
So Lecavalier was a nice-looking but ultimately unnecessary plaything for rich people, while Bure was absolutely crucial to his people's survival? :huh:

Reactions: ehhedler

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
So Lecavalier was a nice-looking but ultimately unnecessary plaything for rich people, while Bure was absolutely crucial to his people's survival? :huh:

Yes, a crucial car that also had a tendency to explode.

People do need to be entertained after all.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017

Very strange analogy all in all. The Russian Rocket could've made sense as a Ferrari his first few years. Don't ever see Lecavalier being that. Neither would be an ambulance.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Yea, I think he's somewhat of a disappointment, considering the amount of hype he had before the '98 draft, and the fact that he was very average for the first 4-5 years of his career.

he was in way over his head during his first season, and think he struggled with confidence in subsequent seasons. he really started to put it together after the lockout, but just kinda fizzled out.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Could even say a big disappointment for some (with how high is 16 year's old 102 point in 64 games was rate by some and what always felt like a bit of over hyping, than an equivalent non-Canadian prospect would have probably not had).

Only 2 top 10 in points, a prime of what 8 season that ended at 30 year's old.

Is it not related to a significant Wrist/Hand injury ?

I agree, he had a good career but it was well below expectations in longevity, if his peak could only have been longer.

His playoff resume isn't helping much either.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
Got a Cup with team that drafted him. Had a peak that matched expectations. And if Matt Cooke wasn´t in the leauge he probably would have had the long peak expected. So with how I see things I can´t call it a dissapointment. For that he wouldn´t have reached his potential. Now it was an event out of his control that lead to his earlie "decline".

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
An ambulance isn't even a car, so there goes that ridiculous analogy.

:laugh:

I'd have Lecavalier as a Ford Mustang. Most of the time you're just thinking "this thing should be better".

As an aside, if anyone in NHL history was ever a Ferrari or Lamborghini, it was Pavel Bure.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Wonder what his career would've been like if the Lightning had traded the 1st Overall to the Avs.

I think he struggled early in his career on bad teams, the team came together for a short time and just as they got it together the lock out handicapped their ability to build off their momentum.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Let me put it this way, if both players were cars Bure would be an ambulance and Lecavalier would be a Ferrari.

Speaking about this, did you know they made a Pixar movie about Tampa Bay Lightning's secondary scoring from their 2004 Cup run? It came out just last year, titled Cars 3 for some reason.

In the middle, Ruslan "Lightning Strikes" Fedotenko, prone to strike important goals at extra crucial moments. Below in dark blue colors big Fredrik Modin, he's just "Storming Through" opponent NHL defense lines. And last but certainly not least Vincent "Cruz" Lecavalier, with such a cruising style he makes everything look easy peasy.

l-179105.jpg

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Speaking about this, did you know they made a Pixar movie about Tampa Bay Lightning's secondary scoring from their 2004 Cup run? It came out just last year, titled Cars 3 for some reason.

In the middle, Ruslan "Lightning Strikes" Fedotenko, prone to strike important goals at extra crucial moments. Below in dark blue colors big Fredrik Modin, he's just "Storming Through" opponent NHL defense lines. And last but certainly not least Vincent "Cruz" Lecavalier, with such a cruising style he makes everything look easy peasy.

l-179105.jpg

He had a beautiful assist on the cup winning goal after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad