Was the Leafs Good Health last season overhyped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
The Washington Capitals-2016-17.
You're proving my point. They were not the healthiest, but you're trying to spin it as they were healthiest in NHL history now. They were not even healthiest in 2016-17.

Both TJ Oshie and Burakovsky missed more games than the entire top 9 of the leafs last season. Your ignorance kinda makes the point you're trying to disprove....

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Question, how are you determining top 9 players? Do you have the actual stats of this?
The Leafs were statistically NOT the healthiest team even last season.

If you want to count the Robidas island players and the 40 games that 13th forward josh leivo missed to make yourself feel better go ahead, but that is not an injury of significance...

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Both TJ Oshie and Burakovsky missed more games than the entire top 9 of the leafs last season. Your ignorance kinda makes the point you're trying to disprove....

You just changed the parameters of the argument to make the Leafs 2016-17 season the healthiest in NHL history, And you are calling me ignorant?

Reactions: Lilou

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If you want to count the Robidas island players and the 40 games that 13th forward josh leivo missed to make yourself feel better go ahead, but that is not an injury of significance...
For the 100th time, no one is counting the people on Robidas island. The Leafs were not the healthiest with people on LTIR.

Reactions: Lilou

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Question: were the Leafs the luckiest team last season and the "Stars were Aligned" given they were dead last in a skills competition?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
You just changed the parameters of the argument to make the Leafs 2016-17 season the healthiest in NHL history, And you are calling me ignorant?

What are you talking about?? I said what team had 10 or less games missed in their top 9 due to injury in a season. You said Washington and I showed you two top nine players on Washington who missed more than the entire top 9 for Toronto...

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
What are you talking about?? I said what team had 10 or less games missed in their top 9 due to injury in a season. You said Washington and I showed you two top nine players on Washington who missed more than the entire top 9 for Toronto...

Luckiest team in NHL history is what you appeared to change the argument. Fact they were not the healthiest team even last season.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Luckiest team in NHL history is what you appeared to change the argument. Fact they were not the healthiest team even last season.

Whatever Man. Man games lost isn't the best way of looking at the significance of injuries unless you feel losing Matthews to injury is the same as losing Matt Martin. If you want to pretend that Josh leivo's 40 games tips the scales to 2nd worst when he only played 13 of the 40 games he was healthy, go for it.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Leafs were not the healthiest team in NHL history. That argument is embarrassing. Please drop it. They were not even the healthiest in the 2016-17 season. Are people not aware of this?
And BTW, Nylander was on the 4th line last season for a time.

Thats a very interesting argument to go with. Are you sure you want to go with that?

Reactions: 204hockey and Gsus

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's always good when your team escapes injury problems, but short of broken bones and concussions, I wonder if investing in sports medicine or whatever pro teams do actually has tangible results. Certainly, the Leafs have a lot of money to spend in any department they choose.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
This is kind of awkward for the OP..

Even IF they weren't the luckiest team with injuries last year, I'm pretty sure they should feel good about it. Of the top of my head I can think of Sean Couturier alone being injured twice as much man games as the Leafs TOP9 last year.

"Nylander not TOP9" comment almost made me burst out a good laugh.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I have never in my life seen people harp on good health with a team ever. Especially when that team actually was not the healthiest.
People have done this with the Blackhawks many times. And like...every playoff series ever...

God that's nothing you should have seen when the Rangers rallied aganst the Penguins in 2014

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'll never understand why being healthy is held against a team. Anyways, the Leafs have the depth up front, maybe more than any other team, to deal with injuries. That's a team strength.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
lol some ppl post the dumbest threads imaginable. thats why i love this site also no

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'll never understand why being healthy is held against a team. Anyways, the Leafs have the depth up front, maybe more than any other team, to deal with injuries. That's a team strength.

I don't think anyone is holding it against the Leafs that they were super healthy last year. The issue in this thread is that OP made an obvious revenge thread (not sure I'd call it that, but whatever) in response to an argument that happened over the summer. This is trying to claim the argument that the stars aligned for the Leafs last year based on their health is wrong because they've won like 3 games without Matthews this year. Not only is the argument awful, it's also being littered with strawman nonsense like "People are saying the Leafs were the healthiest team in NHL history" and just lies by the OP.

So basically, OP made a dumb thread based on a dumb argument in the offseason and is continuing to say dumb things in the dumb thread. Nothing really to see here.

Edit: Also, something that doesn't add up is the claim that the Leafs "weren't even the healthiest team last year". At least from the stats I'm looking at, Toronto is listed to be at like 140 man games lost last year. Where are these man games lost coming from? They had 15 skaters play in more than 72 games last year, they had 33 man games lost among those 15 skaters. I feel like those man games lost stat has to be including Lupul, I don't know how they can get those 100+ man games lost unless they're including a guy who missed an entire season. I don't think the guys who played in less games than that played in less games due to injuries, either, because it's all depth players or rentals for guys who played in less than 72 games.

They probably had more man games lost last year than the Capitals, but I'm really not sure it's by much. Washington only had 50 man games lost last year (most of which were Oshie and Burakovsky), and I'm really not sure Toronto is going to be much higher than that.

Last edited:

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Shout out to the Leafs sports science division they don’t get enough credit for keeping the players healthy. Injuries are going to happen regardless but they do a great job of mitigating them.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
So was your team apparently. Don't open a thread and comment to complain about how dumb you find the thread.
he can do what ever he wants too.. you dont have to respond to him and try to tell him what to do. your not his dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad