Proposal: WARNING: Re Slava Voynov

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I consider myself a feminist but scrapping a business transaction because of a case made public I don't think so. To employ him knowing his history I would be very sensitive to his family life. Keeping an open eye on the situation.

His problem is only a very small sample of what happens out there. I am sure there are other cases well hidden in the NHL today and how about on this board?

In any event the Bruins couldn't handle Seguin type of case, this one they would be out of their league on it.

So no worries folks, too bad really.

Besides it's only a matter of time for an answer on Franson.

Last edited:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Did you know there are plenty of cases where the man is the victim in domestic violence?

Although maybe you were responding to certain posts I haven't read yet where someone has outright defended his actions. If so, I apologize!

Domestic violence is a major issue especially since it's rarely reported unless a neighbor or family member steps in. Unless you plan on cutting all ties with the significant other, it will seem unwise or perhaps dangerous to report it.

Because of that, I feel for his wife since there is a great chance this is not a first offense, or that it may happen again.

Until we hear otherwise, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove he can change. Otherwise society is lost. Hell, as someone else said even murderers go free eventually (sometimes).

As such I'd gladly take a player of his caliber if:

-- no implications on the locker room
-- first hint of trouble he is gone

Domestic violence is an incredibly eye opening issue to study if you get the chance. A brutal one, but very interesting if anyone is into sociology/criminal justice/psychology etc.

Women assault their husbands just as much. Anyone in law enforcement would agree. Neither is right. Men are generally stronger so its accepted that a female assaulting a male is ok and the guy needs to toughen up. Both equally wrong.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Women assault their husbands just as much. Anyone in law enforcement would agree. Neither is right. Men are generally stronger so its accepted that a female assaulting a male is ok and the guy needs to toughen up. Both equally wrong.

I also served for 21 years in law enforcement and you are totally correct with your statement here and your other posts prior to this one on this subject.
People in general need to experience in order to connect and see what really happens out there.
I am not surpirsed by the different views and replies to this subject and it is exactly what I thought would happen too.
For the longest time, I had members in my family that thought women were not capable of being evil, malicious and dishonest.
Today they know otherwise.
Keep up the good work redbeard and stay safe too.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Not to make light of this subject, but for some reason when you said this, I got a mental picture of DKH marrying Ronda Rousey and her kicking the **** out of him on a regular basis :laugh:

No word on whether or not he enjoyed it.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
My opinion is that I hope L.A. gives Voynov a second chance if he sincerely demonstrates that he regrets his actions.

If LA terminates the contract, then I don't want the Bruins to sign him.

I do believe that Voynov should not be denied an employment opportunity expressly in light of his being a professional athlete - in the public eye.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I work since 24 years in domestic and family cases of violence and i can tell you with hundreds of experiences that we need to be very very very careful before judge people, i saw so much case where the woman agressed the man with violence and all accusations falled on the man
I saw women hurt themself badly to put the man in jail
I don't say he done or not i just say we should know the real truth before judge one person

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Didn't Lucic have an incident where he drunkingly tossed his wife (girlfriend at the time) down on a sidewalk outside a bar a few years back?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I work since 24 years in domestic and family cases of violence and i can tell you with hundreds of experiences that we need to be very very very careful before judge people, i saw so much case where the woman agressed the man with violence and all accusations falled on the man
I don't say he done or not i just say we should know the real truth before judge one person

Great post. I've seen it happen myself. Point is, we as fans don't know what truly happened. It's left to the Law to decide his fate, & they have.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Didn't Lucic have an incident where he drunkingly tossed his wife (girlfriend at the time) down on a sidewalk outside a bar a few years back?

The cops never charged him because it was a verbal altercation. Witnesses claimed to have heard a slap, but no one saw it, and there was no evidence (i.e. red marks, bruises) that a slap occurred. If there was any physical evidence at all, the cops would have arrested him, no questions asked.

And it was outside his home, after a cab ride.

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Heres the thing: everytime you are in ANY situation you always have the opportunity to respond in a kind, non violent way.

the choice is yours and it says everything about your character. you are in control of that response every ****ing moment of every ****ing day.

and the veiled misogyny in this thread is suffocating.

tsk tsk

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Is a gay man a woman?...

You're missing the point. No male should ever hit a FEMALE. Also, where are people saying that this is fine? Am I missing something here?

But that's saying domestic abuse is worse when it's a man against a woman and that goes against what woman are trying to stand for in terms of equality.

Nobody should be hitting anybody whether it's a male or female.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Ok and none of that applies here so what's the point?

The charges stemmed from an incident in October when Marta Varlamova, Voynov's wife, told Redondo Beach police the couple started arguing during a Halloween party and he punched her in the left jaw.

The conflict continued that night in a bedroom at their Redondo Beach home, according to the police report, where Varlamova said Voynov choked her three times.

"Voynov pushed her to the ground approximately six to seven times with both hands, telling her that he wanted a divorce and to 'Get out,' " the report said.

Voynov kicked Varlamova five to six times while she was on the ground, she told police.

After she rose, Voynov shoved her into the corner of a flat-screen television, the report said. The collision opened a 1.2-inch gash above Varlamova's left eye that required eight stitches to close.

The bedroom was "covered in blood," Varlamova told police.

The nurse "asked Ms. Varlamova if this was the first time he had done that to her," a motion filed in the case in January said, citing a police report. "Ms. Varlamova responded no."

Dude is a scum bag...sorry

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
But that's saying domestic abuse is worse when it's a man against a woman and that goes against what woman are trying to stand for in terms of equality.

Nobody should be hitting anybody whether it's a male or female.

Agreed but if you can't see the difference between a man hitting a man or a man hitting a woman I'm not sure what to tell you .

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Ok and none of that applies here so what's the point?

The charges stemmed from an incident in October when Marta Varlamova, Voynov's wife, told Redondo Beach police the couple started arguing during a Halloween party and he punched her in the left jaw.

The conflict continued that night in a bedroom at their Redondo Beach home, according to the police report, where Varlamova said Voynov choked her three times.

"Voynov pushed her to the ground approximately six to seven times with both hands, telling her that he wanted a divorce and to 'Get out,' " the report said.

Voynov kicked Varlamova five to six times while she was on the ground, she told police.

After she rose, Voynov shoved her into the corner of a flat-screen television, the report said. The collision opened a 1.2-inch gash above Varlamova's left eye that required eight stitches to close.

The bedroom was "covered in blood," Varlamova told police.

The nurse "asked Ms. Varlamova if this was the first time he had done that to her," a motion filed in the case in January said, citing a police report. "Ms. Varlamova responded no."

Dude is a scum bag...sorry

When I was 12 I gave a buddy of mine a bloody nose by accident and by the time his parents came in the room it looked like a Tarantino film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino