Proposal: WARNING: Re Slava Voynov

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
We all know the situation by now.

I just want to get a feel on where Bruins fans stand on the possibility.

Should the LA Kings bow under pressure and terminate Voynov's contract a la Mike Richards, and the NHL reinstate him when his 90 day jail sentence ends (in time for training camp) Should the Bruins offer him a contract?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Don't care what LA does, but I certainly don't want that guy on the Bruins. I couldn't root for him ever, and I'd be disgusted by the front office if they did bring him in...

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Easy yes. I'm a police officer and have investigated thousands of domestic violence cases. Often people make mistakes and need help to correct their behaviour. As frustrating the system can be, you have to trust in people that more often than not they will become better people after admitting a mistake. His wife is sticking by his side. I'm sure there is more to the story than you and I know. The media is horrible and write as much negative as possible omitting facts and creating fiction. Regardless of what is factual and what is real, voynov ****ed up. I hope he won't do it again. Maybe he will. I would give him a chance. Hell of a talent, just needs the help and the support. I think he would get that in Boston.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
No. Didn't he beat his wife bloody?

Also, chances of domestic abuse recurring if she stays are usually high.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I gave it some thought, then looked at his situation again.

"one felony count of corporal injury to a spouse with great bodily injury"

and decided against it.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Yes. I'm a hockey fan. The kid can play hockey. Who am I to judge him personally? If the Law says he's a free man & has paid his dues for his crime, then I'm ok with him on the Bruins blue line.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I find drinking and driving just as disturbing. Imagine all the players who would not be able to play if they set a precedent in this criminal offence too and they actually got caught. You step behind a wheel of a massive weapon that can strike and kill someone at any time due to your slowed reaction time, how is this ok for a player to continue playing? Yet substance abuse offenders are made out to be victims of addiction. Voynov beating his wife is horrible. Horrible. Yet if brad Marchand got caught drinking and driving, nobody here would think he should be suspended and cut from the team...they are both just as dangerous and from my lengthy experience in both, I have seen more deaths from drinking and driving. But again, both are horrible. But both, treated properly can help a person correct their behaviour.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Easy yes. I'm a police officer and have investigated thousands of domestic violence cases. Often people make mistakes and need help to correct their behaviour. As frustrating the system can be, you have to trust in people that more often than not they will become better people after admitting a mistake. His wife is sticking by his side. I'm sure there is more to the story than you and I know. The media is horrible and write as much negative as possible omitting facts and creating fiction. Regardless of what is factual and what is real, voynov ****ed up. I hope he won't do it again. Maybe he will. I would give him a chance. Hell of a talent, just needs the help and the support. I think he would get that in Boston.

+1

Locker room might be a problem. I would expect a interview with him on bended knee..

Oh and the price is the other issue. It would really depend on what LA is asking for.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
big talent

Bigger *******

I don't want the Bruins to be the first to take a chance on him. Maybe years down the line id be more amenable to it.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I find drinking and driving just as disturbing. Imagine all the players who would not be able to play if they set a precedent in this criminal offence too and they actually got caught. You step behind a wheel of a massive weapon that can strike and kill someone at any time due to your slowed reaction time, how is this ok for a player to continue playing? Yet substance abuse offenders are made out to be victims of addiction. Voynov beating his wife is horrible. Horrible. Yet if brad Marchand got caught drinking and driving, nobody here would think he should be suspended and cut from the team...they are both just as dangerous and from my lengthy experience in both, I have seen more deaths from drinking and driving. But again, both are horrible. But both, treated properly can help a person correct their behaviour.

I don't agree I'm afraid - if you're the kind of person who lays your hand to your wife, you always will be. The potential for complete loss of self control will always be bubbling away beneath the surface. It's hard wired to the brain.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I prefer my thuggery left on the ice, no way I want this guy on the Bruins or in the league for that matter. Maybe he can play football?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I will say this:

I got over hating Joe Corvo for his incident years prior when he was playing for the Bruins (I just hated him for his play instead)

Slava's incident does seem worse though. Maybe jail will give him some perspective.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I believe in second chances, God knows I've gotten them

No kidding. We all have. If someone on here has never made a mistake and caused someone hurt and pain, I call ********. I'm not taking his side, what he did is awful, but life is about taking chances and giving chances and hoping that we all grown and learn together. I hope to hell voynov has learned what he did was disgraceful and won't ever do it again. He deserves a chance to prove that after he serves his penalty.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Look at the Craig MacTavish and the alleged Doug Gilmour cases and those guys got to play again, I say everyone deserves a second chance, of course if it were ever to happen again the the league needs to ban him.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Dude was actually one of my top 3 non-Bruins until this happened. He is an excellent player.

That said, I would not want him wearing the spoked B after what happened.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
No kidding. We all have. If someone on here has never made a mistake and caused someone hurt and pain, I call ********. I'm not taking his side, what he did is awful, but life is about taking chances and giving chances and hoping that we all grown and learn together. I hope to hell voynov has learned what he did was disgraceful and won't ever do it again. He deserves a chance to prove that after he serves his penalty.

truth, not condoning what he did at all, but I agree he deserves a shot at penance

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't agree I'm afraid - if you're the kind of person who lays your hand to your wife, you always will be. The potential for complete loss of self control will always be bubbling away beneath the surface. It's hard wired to the brain.

You are wrong and I can say this with certainty. I've done case studies for projects with work. In a lot of cases you are right, it is repeat customers but often it's a one time thing due to factors involved at the time. I deal with pieces of **** every single day but every day I need to hope that person is going to change or I am going to hate people and hate my job. I put my life into helping people, including the troubled ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad