Books: Walking dead comic book and spoilers PART 2.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No. They'll just re-cast him. Carl isnt that important (or well liked) as to be irreplaceable.

As I said earlier, Rick and Daryl are the only two they couldnt recast. And if Lincoln ever decides to leave the show, they might as well just end this series. I dont think this iteration could survive without him. Doesnt mean they couldnt have another spin off (perhaps with some of these same characters), but they'd be done with the main comic elements.

Recasting is almost a kiss of death to a series.

If the actors aren't interested in working on the show anymore, viewers will become less interested in watching.

It makes more sense for Carl to challenge Negan too much and end up being taken out, than to do a re-cast IMO. Especially in season 7.

In fact, you could use Carl's death to motivate the all out war IMO

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
No. They'll just re-cast him. Carl isnt that important (or well liked) as to be irreplaceable.

As I said earlier, Rick and Daryl are the only two they couldnt recast. And if Lincoln ever decides to leave the show, they might as well just end this series. I dont think this iteration could survive without him. Doesnt mean they couldnt have another spin off (perhaps with some of these same characters), but they'd be done with the main comic elements.

I would assume that the leader would be killed at some point. Question is, who do they manage to successfully build as a new leader when that happens. Maggie seems to be an option, though needs to get pushed in a "tougher" direction for so to happen. Carl if not killed sometime long down the line.

Michonne, Daryl, Morgan and Carol all are strong characters, but they don't seem to be people who can gather everyone. Perhaps Michonne. Morgan would be an Ezekiel type of leader, so I guess he's possible.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
might watch the tv show again (stopped after s3) if there is actually some kind of a end point or a real conclusion approaching in the comics (which I also quit)

at this point I think they'll be another 100 issues..

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Recasting is almost a kiss of death to a series.

If the actors aren't interested in working on the show anymore, viewers will become less interested in watching.

It makes more sense for Carl to challenge Negan too much and end up being taken out, than to do a re-cast IMO. Especially in season 7.

In fact, you could use Carl's death to motivate the all out war IMO

Yeah this late into a series a re-cast just would not work at all. Fans would not get around to the new actor especially after having the same Carl for 7 years. If Chandler wants to leave give him an epic death and use it to move the story, if not pay the kid a load of cash to work on the show and go to school.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
might watch the tv show again (stopped after s3) if there is actually some kind of a end point or a real conclusion approaching in the comics (which I also quit)

at this point I think they'll be another 100 issues..

Kirkman plans on going to issue 300 at the very least, or at least that's what he has stated multiple times. Issue 161 is released early next month.

He has joked about it possibly going to 500, although I can't really see that happening. I'm a comic fanboy so I'd be good with it. ;)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
As for the covers to issues 163 and 164..

[spoil]Wow. It looks like both Alexandria and The Hilltop get destroyed. I'm thinking Andrea:)(), Dwight and Jesus might be nearing their end. Just a feeling. Negan too, I'm afraid if Kirkman is ready for his story to end. Will be sad to see the communites fall but at the same time it will be a nice refreshing change to see them back on the road again, likely heading to Ohio. I'm predicting they try to go to the Kingdom first but get turned away. Either way, looks like exciting times ahead for comic readers even though we may lose some favorite characters. Could it even be the end of Rick? Doubt it, but with Alexandria being overrun..it certainly opens up the possibility of that happening. And Kirkman has stated Rick WILL die in the book eventually. It'll turn into Carl's book, IMO.

Also, is Maggie wearing Negan's jacket on the cover of 164? Hmmm..[/spoil]

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Based off the preview clip for tonight's episode, I'm guessing that the new group we meet tonight is Oceanside. Comic readers will be familiar with them. We haven't seen much of them yet, but that's where Michonne was in the time she was absent after the time jump. Two fishermen, Pete and Siddiq, who worked with Michonne, are the only characters we have met so far in the comics. They became part of the network of communities with Alexandria, The Hilltop, The Kingdom and The Sanctuary.

I know people STILL think it's The Whisperers, but trust me..it's not. We likely won't see them until season 9. I'm convinced after seeing that preview that it's Oceanside.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's 100% Oceanside. It also looks like it's a completely passable episode just following Tara around.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Based off the preview clip for tonight's episode, I'm guessing that the new group we meet tonight is Oceanside. Comic readers will be familiar with them. We haven't seen much of them yet, but that's where Michonne was in the time she was absent after the time jump. Two fishermen, Pete and Siddiq, who worked with Michonne, are the only characters we have met so far in the comics. They became part of the network of communities with Alexandria, The Hilltop, The Kingdom and The Sanctuary.

I know people STILL think it's The Whisperers, but trust me..it's not. We likely won't see them until season 9. I'm convinced after seeing that preview that it's Oceanside.

I am really not looking forward to tonights episode lol

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Yeah, maybe it will surprise us but an episode centered around Tara and Heath doesn't exactly scream riveting television. And coming off (what I believe I read to be) the lowest ratings since season 4, I can't see this exactly helping matters. Could drop even lower.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
This is why I was worried about the show. Too much stretching of material to fulfill the time they need for the season.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
It wasn't a bad episode, but the perfect example of a filler. What happened could have happened off-screen or explained later for five minutes.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I gotta get on that HBO train and watch Westworld while this show sits on the PVR. The amount of filler is ridiculous now that I'm watching week-to-week rather than binging it on Netflix.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I gotta get on that HBO train and watch Westworld while this show sits on the PVR. The amount of filler is ridiculous now that I'm watching week-to-week rather than binging it on Netflix.

I watch TWD before Westworld. The difference in quality is mind blowing lol I don't think I could do it the other way around.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Next weeks episode is called, sing me a song, you know what that means .:yo::sarcasm::handclap:

It'll be interesting to see how this scene comes across on TV.

image.png

image.png

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
From TSDF

[spoil]Carl and Negan's interactions follow the comics pretty closely apparently. Carl gets Jesus to jump out of the truck and then stays inside and finds a box of weapons. He kills Saviours, Negan takes him on a tour of the Sanctuary, makes him removehis bandage and sing for him. Then personally delivers Carl back to Alexandria and has Carl take him on an awkward tour of his house where Negan finds Judith. Carl and Negan sit on the porch sipping lemonade with Judith on Negan's lap. Rosita, Eugene and Spencer return as this is happening.[/spoil]

Daryl
[spoil]receives a note from an unknown person/friend that says "go" and has a motorcycle key. [/spoil]

crediblepest

The Era of Auston
May 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
From TSDF

[spoil]Carl and Negan's interactions follow the comics pretty closely apparently. Carl gets Jesus to jump out of the truck and then stays inside and finds a box of weapons. He kills Saviours, Negan takes him on a tour of the Sanctuary, makes him removehis bandage and sing for him. Then personally delivers Carl back to Alexandria and has Carl take him on an awkward tour of his house where Negan finds Judith. Carl and Negan sit on the porch sipping lemonade with Judith on Negan's lap. Rosita, Eugene and Spencer return as this is happening.[/spoil]

Daryl
[spoil]receives a note from an unknown person/friend that says "go" and has a motorcycle key. [/spoil]

Some Extra negan stuff
[spoil]We will also see someone get ironed and apparently its going to be graphic, negan is also going back to alexandria (to return carl) he finds judith, and apparently the episode ends with negan on a porch and rocking her to sleep LOL.[/spoil]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad