Books: Walking dead comic book and spoilers PART 2.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Let's hope it'll take less than 4 years for this one.

Oh boy. The cover to issue 163, titled "Conquered"- the first one following The Whisperer War.

latest

Now, you can't always read too much into the covers, but wow. Could this suggest the end of Rick Grimes? Too obvious?

I'm in for rick's death even if he's still my favorite character. A huge death or something moving the plot forward would be nice. I want them on the road again

crediblepest

The Era of Auston
May 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I stopped reading the comics maybe one issue after the whisperers arc began, I didnt see them being this strong/arc going for so long, anyone care to give me a summary? Doesnt need to be very detailed.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
They are butchering the Jesus character

Feels like Andrea all over again

So they are full on making Enid into Sophia I guess

Last edited:

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
next episode

Title: Swear

Someone stumbles upon a brand new society unlike anything seen before

it really looks like the whisperers. I don't know how they'll do this but it's VERY early. But the scene with Tara looks so much like the one in the comics where the two guys hear voices in the herd. I'm really looking forward to it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think it's the Whisperers. They introduced a brand new group that I don't believe is in the comics. They were even a part of the finale filming.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
TSD Q&A posted on Reddit.

[spoil]Oceanside or whatever kind of community you want to call it, all women and children community because the Saviours killed all the males.

I was right! The show has never done two sets of villains (I think?) and it makes no sense in terms of storytelling to introduce a new threat when you've, relatively, lightly touched on the current villain. [/spoil]

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

[spoil]Oceanside or whatever kind of community you want to call it, all women and children community because the Saviours killed all the males.

I was right! The show has never done two sets of villains (I think?) and it makes no sense in terms of storytelling to introduce a new threat when you've, relatively, lightly touched on the current villain. [/spoil]

makes sense and you are right it would 100% be way to hard to do that with the limited amount of screen time and episodes per season.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I said earlier but I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce the whispers now but they don't become a real threat to the overall group for a long time down the road. Just be a looming threat that is kind of on the back burner while the Negan storyline plays out.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville

I really hope you're right. Negan is great, but his presence in the whisperers war is vital, so it would suck a bit if they did it right now.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I mean let's pretend we're watching Batman, the TV show for a second. We're in the midst of the Joker being revealed and it's great, Batman finally meets his archnemesis and we're just getting to know him. Then for some weird reason the Riddler shows up and teams up with Batman to take out the Joker. You've completely undercut Batman's greatest enemy only for this new person to supposedly be a greater threat?

Negan is Rick's greatest enemy. There is no chance in hell they bring another group in to undercut him. They're gonna give Negan this and next season, it's the only conclusion that makes the most sense. Everything they introduce now until next season is just another element leading to All Out War becoming a necessity while giving Negan more layers of depth to read into.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
makes sense and you are right it would 100% be way to hard to do that with the limited amount of screen time and episodes per season.
They spend so much time treading water they could absolutely do it. The bigger issue would be budget and AMC being cheapskates.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What is this stuff I'm reading about Chandler Riggs maybe leaving the show due to going to college and his dad posting on Facebook hinting that he was done after season 7? How do they kill off Carl without absolutely destroying Rick more so than Glenn's death already did?

I know he was there shooting the S7 finale, so I don't think they'll kill him off at the end of the day. I think we're just gonna see Carl in a very limited role moving forward...

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
What is this stuff I'm reading about Chandler Riggs maybe leaving the show due to going to college and his dad posting on Facebook hinting that he was done after season 7? How do they kill off Carl without absolutely destroying Rick more so than Glenn's death already did?

I know he was there shooting the S7 finale, so I don't think they'll kill him off at the end of the day. I think we're just gonna see Carl in a very limited role moving forward...

hardball with AMC to actually make some real money before the thing ends?

Not like he can't go to college at age 20 instead of 18.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto

I think it's just his contract is up and doing some posturing.

At the same time, committing 7 years to a show as a youth can be a lot to give.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Chandler Riggs always seemed to dislike the spotlight. Reading into it, Apparently he's had issues with fans attacking his girlfriend on social media, and apparently he's said several times he'd like to not be famous. Apparently his girlfriend had to delete her social media account, then she brought them back, and after the kiss last episode, deleted them again.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Social media is a blessing and curse. It's despicable how people act on the internet when they're able to hide behind a screen and never actually meet the people they insult. Doesn't help that TWD came about as the whole thing started.

Doubtful they kill him off though, just put him on a bus if he needs a break.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think it's just his contract is up and doing some posturing.

At the same time, committing 7 years to a show as a youth can be a lot to give.

100%. If he was actually done with the show, they would have filmed some sort of ending to his character. Thus, his Dad essentially hinting he's "free", could be taken as spoiling future events, which is almost always written into an actor's contract as a no-no.

Essentially, they just breached his contract, or it's a posturing move

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
100%. If he was actually done with the show, they would have filmed some sort of ending to his character. Thus, his Dad essentially hinting he's "free", could be taken as spoiling future events, which is almost always written into an actor's contract as a no-no.

Essentially, they just breached his contract, or it's a posturing move

No. They'll just re-cast him. Carl isnt that important (or well liked) as to be irreplaceable.

As I said earlier, Rick and Daryl are the only two they couldnt recast. And if Lincoln ever decides to leave the show, they might as well just end this series. I dont think this iteration could survive without him. Doesnt mean they couldnt have another spin off (perhaps with some of these same characters), but they'd be done with the main comic elements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad