Post-Game Talk: Walking cane

3 Candy Cane Busting Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Now 4 straight laughers against the candy canes including 2 playoff must wins. I think we can say we have exercised the demons from the bubble. The metro is very winnable, even though Carolina beats everyone but us. More reinforcements are needed. If Drury can replace the Leshitshow and Harpur roster spots with a 3rd line wing with size and Justin Braun, we have no holes and our best chance to win the Cup since 94.

Panarin just needed to see one go in. He has picked up his game from earlier into the season and Vladdy will only help. If Panarin plays like a superstar in the playoffs, watch out.

Jimmy Vesey was a man possessed tonight. When he sticker Kotkaniemi I was like “who is this guy?” He’s become a heart and soul glue guy for us after. Halak is solid as a rock. Gauthier should stay in the lineup he’s been incredible playing a “4th line” game the last 2 nights, earning his spot. I also thought Mikkola was much better tonight, he moves well for a big guy and he’s got a good stick. His reach is similar to KAM.

Glad us (and the team) get to watch the Super Bowl today with no worries and our heads held high. We’re in for a fun next few months.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Everybody enjoy SB Sunday. If I am dealing Kravtsov to Gorton and Nicki Bobrov in MTL, I am asking for Pitlick back. Solid fourth line energy guy with grit that is signed thru next year and is dirt cheap. Better Motte, IMO. Just going to drop this here:

Last 26 games:

Lafreniere 5-11-16 +8 15:03
Chytil 15-7-22 +11 14:37
Kakko 7-13-20 +13 16:03
Miller 5-16-21 +9 22:34

If they could keep these paces up from game 1 to 82, you're looking at the following with limited PP time

Laf 16G 35A 51P
Chytil 47G 22A 69P
Kakko 22G 41A 63P
Miller 16G 50A 66P
If my math serves me correctly.

If Gallant sticks with the new PP formations and starts PP2 occasionally, they can start putting up more. I don't know about many of you but I can exhale knowing these kids are going to be alright. Slower process because we have a hell of a team. Let the Zegras', Raymond's, and Stutzle's of the world continue to develop in a losing culture and environment.

Last edited:

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Absolve him of what?

1st season, a trip to the semis with a previously-non-playoff team.

The best winning percentage in the history of the franchise.

Chytil, Kakko, and Laf taking huge steps forward this season.

Then again, folks like you believe if you were coaching they would have won it all last year and would coast to 16 straight in the playoffs this season.

Because that's realistic.
I’m fine giving GG credit for changing lines mid game yesterday when it works. But giving him credit for the kids? Come on. They’ve always played better together. He kept putting them in a blender. He has finally calmed down and it’s paying off. But he said to reporters this week that he will change them at some point.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Reactions: Anthony5967

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Anyone who is a giant nerd like me... the Rangers' charter is traveling to Vancouver on Delta flight 8951. It can be tracked online.
Interesting. Would have thought they would come back to New York for a couple days before heading to Vancouver on Tuesday. But this way they will have a few days to get timezone adjusted.

Reactions: egelband

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Y'all are discovering Fight Aware just now? Lol

Ed is preparing to meet Gallant at the gate in Vancouver:

RV-AM562_NESS_GR_20140117124953.jpg

Notice the maple leaves. I just randomly thought Elliott Ness would be a good metaphor.

Can't even make this stuff up lol

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
It really does, am with you on that. Valley has mentioned many times about players needing to shoot off the pads, and hunt the rebound. We did that last night. Was it Lindgren? Maybe Vesey?
Worked like a charm, just dont remember who.
Schneider took the shot and Panarin quickly knocked in the rebound

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
A little bonding time in Vancouver... eating Nanaimo bars, great sushi, and shitty pizza with @EdJovanovski.
Man do I ever hate Nanaimo bars. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth to begin with, even as a child I didn’t like candy. But Nanaimo mars might be the most painfully sweet food in the world, they are soooo rich and make me want to vomit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad