3 Candy Cane Busting Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Canes shoot a lot. It’s a solid plan and time tested. Shoot and hunt rebounds. Wish the rangers would do a little more of that. Like, I dig what the team is doing but would like 15-20% more get-the-puck-on-net-and-hunt-rebounds. It opens up things, at least.
It really does, am with you on that. Valley has mentioned many times about players needing to shoot off the pads, and hunt the rebound. We did that last night. Was it Lindgren? Maybe Vesey?
Worked like a charm, just dont remember who.

Just check out the NHL official game recap. Most of the highlights are of the Rangers chances. Carolina spent a lot of time mucking and cycling but didn't outchance the Rangers. Halak and the D kept them from converting that forecheck into a scoring chance.
Yes, and on it was the LONGEST clip, I have ever seen. It was that chance for chance up and down the ice early in the 1st. Thought I was re-watching the whole game, haha.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Last night was a primer in what we will probably do if we face the Hurricanes in the playoffs. The Canes play the way they do and the Rangers need to make plays behind their defense.....kind of counterattack quickly. Having a strategy in place for the way they're always trying to force the play is a good thing.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
A couple of fun or not so fun facts.

Covering Nov & Dec. (21 games)
Panarin had a whopping 45 shots/a little over 2 per game. (Sad)

In a total of 53 GP, he has registered
17 minus games
15 plus games
21 Even games

Has only 2 PPG's this season

And ZERO multiple goal games UNTIL LAST NIGHT'S 4 GOALS.

GO FIGURE

With all those negative statistics, he is STILL able to be super dynamic. I mean, did you see that 270° spin goal (the 4th) WOW!

WHY OH WHY, DOESN'T HE SHOOT MORE? Defenseman benefit from his pass 1st mentality, and actually hurts the team, more than it helps. Shoot more (like last night) and that should re-open those lanes.

Down 1-2, Halak makes breakaway save on Necas. That could have changed the whole outcome of this game....possibly, anyway.
Kudos to Halak and his nice 7 game winning streak. We needed that.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The Canes shoot a lot. It’s a solid plan and time tested. Shoot and hunt rebounds. Wish the rangers would do a little more of that. Like, I dig what the team is doing but would like 15-20% more get-the-puck-on-net-and-hunt-rebounds. It opens up things, at least.
You have to have a balance in todays NHL. Canes are too skewed towards old school thinking “shoot and crash the bet for rebounds that’s playoff hockey!” Because that’s not enough in the playoffs anymore. You have to have creative plays to generate offense not just mostly relying on throwing the puck at the net
I don’t think you can win the cup with that style anymore (if it ever really was a thing)

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
In Europe I got the Canes broadcast and my favorite moment was when Krieder was out there for 2 icings in a row, including a pretty shady call by the linesman. The Canes homers said that despite Kreider being a specimen, he must be gassed. Then the Rangers get the puck and Kreider f***ING plays his whole regular shift and the camera goes to him finally skating off for the change. The petty f***ers wouldn't even acknowledge it.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
GG gets ripped on here every day about his lineup decisions by some people

He changes things mid game and puts Panarin back with Tro, it paves dividends immediately and carries through the rest of the game

Does he get credit for making that decision or are people still gonna just whine about Kravtsov?
No he doesn’t get credit, panarin and tro have been ass together. Kreider has been terrible.

Panarin deciding he’s going to play like a 11 mil dollar guy finally doesn’t absolve gallant

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
No he doesn’t get credit, panarin and tro have been ass together. Kreider has been terrible.

Panarin deciding he’s going to play like a 11 mil dollar guy finally doesn’t absolve gallant

Absolve Gallant of what? The Rangers being among the best teams in the NHL for 3 months? That's like saying Kreider's 52 goals were terrible because a few were empty netters.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
GG gets ripped on here every day about his lineup decisions by some people

He changes things mid game and puts Panarin back with Tro, it paves dividends immediately and carries through the rest of the game

Does he get credit for making that decision or are people still gonna just whine about Kravtsov?

The fact that he has the best winning percentage in 100 years of Rangers hockey means more than the know-it-alls who go after him, everyday, who have not a clue about coaching.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Absolve him of what?

1st season, a trip to the semis with a previously-non-playoff team.

The best winning percentage in the history of the franchise.

Chytil, Kakko, and Laf taking huge steps forward this season.

Then again, folks like you believe if you were coaching they would have won it all last year and would coast to 16 straight in the playoffs this season.

Because that's realistic.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Absolve him of what?

1st season, a trip to the semis with a previously-non-playoff team.

The best winning percentage in the history of the franchise.

Chytil, Kakko, and Laf taking huge steps forward this season.

Then again, folks like you believe if you were coaching they would have won it all last year and would coast to 16 straight in the playoffs this season.

Because that's realistic.
No but I have been advocating for the kids to play more, and to move around the PP lines because it hasn’t been working. I wouldn’t scratch krav for Jake because he’s done nothing. Gallant is a good coach who lets the players run the locker room. Don’t get it confused when I say his decision process when it comes to underutilization of the kids and over reliance on the vets is terrible.

@haohmaru this applies to you as well

The constant line juggling hasn’t helped most players on the team. I’m not saying I want him fired at all but his decisions at times have been frustrating.

Reactions: Atax

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Not sure if anyone posted this yet lmao

how demoralizing is it to playing in your home crowd and it's 50/50.

I dont understand why Carolina is struggling with their fan base. Theyve had a good squad.. I know there's a lot of New York transplants there but the newer generations should be helping... the fanbase hasn't grown much compared to a Tampa Bay

• Haha
Reactions: Paulie Walnutz

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
how demoralizing is it to playing in your home crowd and it's 50/50.

I dont understand why Carolina is struggling with their fan base. Theyve had a good squad.. I know there's a lot of New York transplants there but the newer generations should be helping... the fanbase hasn't grown much compared to a Tampa Bay
I don’t think it’s a fanbase issue. They can make a lot more money selling their regular season tickets to Rangers/Islanders/Bruins games bc of all the transplants. They can charge 3-4x face value and we’ll all pay it bc it’s still significantly cheaper than tickets at MSG or TD Gardens.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
If 2019-2020 Panarin is back that might be a bigger addition to our roster than Tarasenko
Gallant has been a good coach overall. His biggest 'failing' was getting the offense humming consistently like Quinn did (which is basically the only thing more or less he was good at). And especially Panarin. Quinn had Panarin playing confidently and shooting.

For whatever reason, Panarin unless the situation screams it has been extremely deferential in Gallants system. If playing with Tro and Vesey unlocks his agressive game more than that line needs to stay together.

Reactions: skipmowerman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad