3 Candy Cane Busting Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Jimmy Vesey at 3 years 800k per (this year plus his 2 year extension) is legitimately one of the best value contracts in the whole league. What this guy has done to make himself a legitimately good support player is pretty great. Really happy for Jimmy. He very easily could’ve flamed out of the league after he bounced around for a while.
He does everything that Kravs doesn't do. He makes plays and is noticeable in a good way. Great value signing.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The Rangers don't care who they are playing and are a confident team. They are in the Canes heads after their 4th straight win against them. I don't care how many SOG they have because the Rangers get plenty of high danger chances and can bury them. The Rangers just dominated that 3rd period when they were on a B2B with travel and 4th game in 6 days and Canes had 10 days off. The Canes are good but I'm sure they don't want to face the Rangers again in the playoffs.
The Canes has some momentum but overall I’d say the rangers had the better of the high danger chances.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Get f***ed, Carolina. Love beating that team.
They’re kind of annoying in that they’re one of those teams where the players and the coach spend the whole match pulling disbelieving and smirky faces…and they get away with a lot of obstruction. but besides that they’re also hard working and pretty clean. I wish the rangers adopted a bit of the Canes blue collar attitude, to be honest.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Haven't posted in a loooooong time. Try to get away from negativity, social media, etc. However, tonight, I have some things to get off my chest and hope you guys take the time to read. AhoDatsyukian on the Canes board truly hates us lmao. Apparently we suck and are lucky and will get mopped by NJD in round one.

1676181533253.png

I don't think NJ is going to be mopping anybody.

They've literally morphed from a wagon into the quintessential Ruff team.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Haven't posted in a loooooong time. Try to get away from negativity, social media, etc. However, tonight, I have some things to get off my chest and hope you guys take the time to read. AhoDatsyukian on the Canes board truly hates us lmao. Apparently we suck and are lucky and will get mopped by NJD in round one.

This is one instance where I don't think the public xG models truly capture the quality of the chances that each team is generating. The discrepancy in odd-man rushes is staggering. Although the Rangers won the corsi and xG battle the first game but tonight it felt like all of the chances they got were high quality even if they weren't as numerous as you'd like.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Only downsides to this game were
1) Fox pointless again even though he's playing as great as always
2) Taresenko invisible , hopefully just needs to acclimate
3. GG will keep Panarin - Trochek - Vesey together until the end of time now

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I just don't get the one Canes fan that sits there and craps on us and says we still suck; we are ten points up on them. They will get mopped as if his team hasn't had this core for years and haven't done **** with it. The arrogance. As if we weren't down and out 3-1 to them in the playoffs and came back to mop them in their own barn after they couldn't win one road game all playoffs.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
streak busters

the canes announcers were simulcast on NHL Network, and they were super salty.

Just another reminder that we are spoiled with Sam & Joe. Sam is way past his prime and Joe can be pretty clunky at times but at least they are professionals.
The Canes PBP guy was pronouncing Lafreniere as "Lafren-yay" and it was really annoying me.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The scheduled loss here was for the Rangers.

Back to back with travel. 3rd in 4 nights. Backup goaltender. Playing a well rested team who was 9-0-1 in their last 10 and had won 7 straight.

We weathered the storm and embarrassed them in the 3rd.

Most impressive win of the season IMO
I wanted to say something about the schedule but I held my tongue. We know how it feels to commiserate about a bad loss. They didn’t need to hear from me.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Jimmy Vesey at 3 years 800k per (this year plus his 2 year extension) is legitimately one of the best value contracts in the whole league. What this guy has done to make himself a legitimately good support player is pretty great. Really happy for Jimmy. He very easily could’ve flamed out of the league after he bounced around for a while.
3rd star of the game tonight after Bread and Halak. That pass on the 6th goal, didn't think he had it in him.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This is one instance where I don't think the public xG models truly capture the quality of the chances that each team is generating. The discrepancy in odd-man rushes is staggering. Although the Rangers won the corsi and xG battle the first game but tonight it felt like all of the chances they got were high quality even if they weren't as numerous as you'd like.

If they had their legs in this game it would have been even worse. Carolina's D were so absurdly aggressive but maybe its because they knew that the Rangers were gassed. It nearly burned them a few times in the 1st.

I actually really like the way they play but its very much eat or be eaten.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Getting somebody like Meier will help them a lot.
Perfect addition for them. Well, Meier is probably perfect for every team. But definitely he’d be huge for the Canes. They could also use a defenseman who can drive play from the back. Burns is too slow for that, even though he’s still good.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I looked at their board (which is actually just like six or seven diehards). They’re not worried about the rangers. It was a ‘scheduled loss’ and the rangers are garbage. In fact the Devils are going to mop the floor with the rangers in the playoffs (if the rangers get that far).
…are they laying odds?

• Haha
Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Their fans whine so much it's actually pathetic. AhoDatsyukian is a queen.
To be fair (to be fahhhhhhrrr), the Canes HFBoards group is very small and concordant. I don’t think it really represents the whole of the Canes fan base. Maybe they have another, more diverse board?

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Unfortunately I missed the entire game due to my own college hockey game, but watched the NHL's 8 min highlight video and it seemed like of our 19 shots atleast 15 must've been dangerous-extremely high danger chances.

JL (not gonna bother spelling his last name), shouldn't be in the lineup, nor should Krav since he won't produce offense for the 3rd line since he gets knocked off the puck every time and makes boneheaded plays. He also can't be a checking forward, so hence he shouldn't be in a lineup.

I'll digress hes a better option for the 4th line than JL, but is that really an accomplishment? Would rather see Krav get 4th line mins than JL, but preferably we have a better 12th and 13th forwards come deadline with 2 deadline additions.

Reactions: Richard Banger

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I just don't get the one Canes fan that sits there and craps on us and says we still suck; we are ten points up on them. They will get mopped as if his team hasn't had this core for years and haven't done **** with it. The arrogance. As if we weren't down and out 3-1 to them in the playoffs and came back to mop them in their own barn after they couldn't win one road game all playoffs.
It's their way of coping with their 4th straight loss to the Rangers. They obviously don't have a clue.

Reactions: Anthony5967

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It's getting pretty annoying still seeing people, not only fans on her and twitter, but legitimate media people on podcasts and radio and stuff - still referring to the Rangers as a BAD 5v5 team that is carried by Igor and the PP. It's like the narrative on a team gets set and nothing will change it for people.

The team is good 5v5. They're not world beaters but they're healthily in the meaty part of the curve. The PP is top of the league generating chances but is middle of the pack in percentage so I'm not sure why people keep saying it's carrying the team. And Igor has been fine this season but he's not stealing every win like last year.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Only downsides to this game were
1) Fox pointless again even though he's playing as great as always
2) Taresenko invisible , hopefully just needs to acclimate
3. GG will keep Panarin - Trochek - Vesey together until the end of time now
You know what? Even being invisible, he's one more guy for the opposition to shut down. This applies to any player. When you can throw quality players over the board every shift, it gets harder.

This is why his mere presence improves the team. And this obviously applies to every team in a similar situation. This is why Colorado has struggled so much this year. All those guys injured, it's easy play that match game and shut down the opposition. When you have multiple lines rolling, good f***ing luck. And we have the potential to do that.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's getting pretty annoying still seeing people, not only fans on her and twitter, but legitimate media people on podcasts and radio and stuff - still referring to the Rangers as a BAD 5v5 team that is carried by Igor and the PP. It's like the narrative on a team gets set and nothing will change it for people.

The team is good 5v5. They're not world beaters but they're healthily in the meaty part of the curve. The PP is top of the league generating chances but is middle of the pack in percentage so I'm not sure why people keep saying it's carrying the team. And Igor has been fine this season but he's not stealing every win like last year.
It's a completely false narrative and from people who don't have a clue and who don't watch this team on a daily basis. The reality is it's almost completely the opposite. The 5v5 and possession game is much better than last year and the goaltending and PP have been considerably worse. I mean how do people say the PP is carrying the team when they are 17th in the league? It's dumb. They should also talk to @SnowblindNYR if they want a more detailed analysis of our goaltending this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad